PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain the story of chrono cross to me?

Stranger
03-27-2005, 02:04 AM
i played through the game a few times, yet i still don't understand most of it

TurkSlayer
03-27-2005, 03:39 PM
I can't really explain it. Playing Chrono trigger may help a little.

Stranger
03-27-2005, 04:50 PM
well, i understand most of the story, it's just that i don't really understand who and what lynx is

Spatvark
03-27-2005, 07:24 PM
Wazuki (Serge's father), Miguel (Leena's father) and a young Serge are sailing, looking for someone to treat Serge after he is attacked by a jaguar.
Caught inside a large storm, they find themselves in the Dead Sea, and arrive at Chronopolis.
A voice calls out to Wazuki and Miguel, telling them to bring the injured child (Serge) - the voice I do believe is Schala, but I might be wrong - Wazuki goes on and Miguel follows reluctantly.
Inside, Serge is healed and also imprinted as the Arbiter, the key to Project Kid.
Miguel is forced to remain by FATE to guard one of the fractured timelines in the Towe of Geddon, while Wazuki leaves with Serge.
However, FATE has also somehow infected Wazuki with what I can best think of as a nanobot virus; slowly it changes Wazuki so that he takes the appearance of a humanoid jaguar, and also destroys his consciousness, replacing it with FATEs.

In other words, Lynx is a combination of Wazuki's body and that of a jaguar, hosting a sub-division of FATEs consciousness

This is somewhat patchy at best though; I didn't understand all of it myself. If you're willing to do a fair bit of reading though, I recommend checking out Terrageist and Crono228's Chrono Cross Story FAQ on GameFAQs.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Then there's all that stuff about Chronopolis and Dinopolis being pulled back in time, the Time Crash, that whole deal. The Story FAQ on GameFAQs is certainly a good bet for reviewing it all.

Stranger
03-27-2005, 09:19 PM
thanx