PDA

View Full Version : spheres and abilities

Maya
03-27-2005, 07:27 AM
I just figured out how really use that sphere grid and by reading some tips I noticed that Iīm affully behind. For exempel Lulu still only has first level magic and most of my charachters also.
And Iīm already in Zanarkand.
I have trained a lot so I havenīt had much problems with fiends.
Am I screwed?
My main problem is those 2-,3- and 4-level blocks. And I think those grid paths are crossing and going same ways with each other.
Well this is my first time playing this game. :D

FF freak
03-27-2005, 01:48 PM
Hooooo.You still don't have any second level magic!!!!Crap!O.K just start the game over. Seriously it's not near as bad as it sounds cause you know where to go this time and it'll be alot shorter. Promise.I know I got to one of the last fights in the game and started over and the second time around was alot more enjoyable.

youk
03-27-2005, 02:20 PM
you can fight those big stone giants thingy's for lvl2 key sphere's so you don't have to start over if you don't want to those big stone giants are at zanarkand dome

Dormos
03-27-2005, 02:48 PM
Or you could just challenge yourself and not learn any second-level magic or anything. I mean, you're already in Zanarkand... that's pretty far... What exactly did you do wrong? Do you have like 2462 Sphere Levels? Or do you just not know many abilities?

Cuchulainn
03-27-2005, 03:00 PM
Or you could just challenge yourself and not learn any second-level magic or anything. I mean, you're already in Zanarkand... that's pretty far... What exactly did you do wrong? Do you have like 2462 Sphere Levels? Or do you just not know many abilities?

Agreed. To get that far on Lvl 1 stuff alone, purposely or not, is hard, you're lack of knowledge of the sphere grid has actually made you strategise in the field more & thus made you a better player, less relient on heavy hitting & more on tactics. If does get more & more difficult from this point so I suggest maybe getting a few Warp sphere & learn the essentials, Auto Life, Quick Hit etc. However if you want to level up quick, do the Monster Arena Sidequest.

Maya
03-27-2005, 03:05 PM
Well, that Zanarkand dome was the answer to me. I got a lot of 2- and 3-level spheres and I finally could proceed. And I tried some return spheres too.
My problem was that previously I had none other level spheres and I couldnīt go through those blocks. So I chose another path. And because of that some charachters have same abilities īcause they have had same path.
I have moved on everytime I could in sphere grid. I just went where I could. And some paths led too far from their "real" path.
I have now 2-level magic and stuff because I have trained and trained hours. I believe that I had this problem because I didnīt trained at all in the beginning. I just moved on.
But I havenīt had much problems since I started training once in a while. I just bet Yunalesca and it wasnīt that bad.
I think I have things going much better now that I finally understod this game. Iīll see what happens. Iīm not quiting now. :D

rubah
03-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Lemme guess, you're playing the international version on 'expert' mode aren't you.

Good luck with that.

Maya
03-28-2005, 07:43 AM
Lemme guess, you're playing the international version on 'expert' mode aren't you.

Actually NO.
My game is PAL-version and itīs on that other mode for beginners.
Iīm just too lazy to really read the explanations how everything works. And besides english isnīt my own language.
Well, this first time playing suppose to be experimental.
Next time Iīll do better.