PDA

View Full Version : I detest asking for help, but... please help me.

Ko Ko
03-27-2005, 11:47 AM
hmm.

nik0tine
03-27-2005, 11:55 AM
Wait, are you a lesbian or bisexual? (You do NOT have to answer this) If not, then this would be a really big problem. I suggest that you come straight out and tell her that you don't want to go through with this, and you don't know why you accepted. You have to be straight with your friends. Beating around the bush will only make things worse, and awkward as hell.

Edit: Also, there is nothing wrong with asking for help! Most of us here at the EoFF community would be more than happy to help you out. It's just in our nature, I guess. (Just wait 'till The Captain posts. His genius is unrivaled.)

Destai
03-27-2005, 12:05 PM
I have to agree with Nikotine. Call it off quick and dont let it become a bigger deal than it already is.

nik0tine
03-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Scar you? Well, I guess if you consider homosexuality to be a bad thing, then I guess it has the potential to create a scar...

Here is what I advise you to do: Since you seem unsure about this, I suggest you tell her that you are unsure about how you feel, and that you want some time to think things throught before you guys go ahead and do this. If you are unsure about your feelings do NOT rush into things. You don't want to do something that you may regret later until you are 100% sure that you want to go through with it.

Also, telling your friend this seems like it would be much easier then telling her that you don't want to go out with her, and you don't know why you said yes.

Also, I think you should consider the feelings of your friends as well. What do they think about this? There are so many potential relationships out there it is not even funny. I don't think it is worth risking friendships over one relationship. Just my two cents. You may do with it as you see fit.

nik0tine
03-27-2005, 12:13 PM
Haha, nik0tine is brilliant. Alright then. I think I'll call her right now.

Haha. Thanks. I appreciate it. :D

Oh, and good luck with your friend. And keep us informed. (If you want to, that is.)

nik0tine
03-27-2005, 12:24 PM
:D

FightClubFan#47
03-27-2005, 07:46 PM
I think you should go out with her :D

Old Manus
03-27-2005, 07:53 PM
:skull3: - You like using this smilie don't you Iri.

Zeldy
03-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Its up to you Iri, we can only aid you, but you need to decide.
Im rubbish at giving advice >_<
So..
er..
Just Follow your heart :skull3:

kikimm
03-27-2005, 07:57 PM
At this point, I would definitley say no. You seem to be very unsure of both your feelings about the relationship with her in general, and unsure about whether you could have, and be comfortable with a homosexual relationship. It does have the potential to hurt you, I think.

Oh, and don't think you have to come to a decision so fast. I don't think I could decide something like this in a matter of one day; but then again I've always been slow.

So I, personally, would tell her no, because of those reasons; perhaps, later on down the road, your feelings might change, and if she still feels the same way, la dee da, it's all good.

I hope everything goes well with this. =( Good luck.

:D

The Captain
03-27-2005, 08:14 PM
"(Just wait 'till The Captain posts. His genius is unrivaled.)"

Gvie yourself more credit my friend. Your advice is perfect.

You'd be surprised how many times someone reacts one way but when they take a moment to think about it, they realize what they initially decided was not what they really wanted at all. I agree with what has been said already, clear the air, if this is not what you want then make sure you make that known as fast as possible, which it seems you already did. Take the time to decide what it is you really feel and then go with it.

Just a few other items in passing:

You said that Misato and Cai Hua are dating and she asked you out despite this fact? To me, that doesn't seem like the right thing to do, and I might question whether she sincerely means to have a relationship with you if she showed little regard for the relationship she was currently in.

Don't judge yourself. A great many people don't believe they are homosexual or bisexual until suddenly one day it confronts them. So many people choose to repress or ignore this and it can only eat away at them. Make peace with yourself before engaging in any relationships as it will save you and the person you're with a lot of stress.

Hope it all works out.

Take care all.

The Captain
03-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Though be forewarned, the longer a situation is avoided, the harder it is to deal with. You weren't really in the wrong here as you resolved your side, but the real question is, why did she ask you out when she was already in a relationship? That's the mystery now.

Take care all.

Ouch!
03-27-2005, 08:55 PM
As far as I'm concerned you should say no. Not because there's something wrong with homosexual relationships (which there isn't) and not because she is already in a relationship. If you have so much doubt you shouldn't jump into it. If it was something you really wanted to happen you wouldn't be second guessing yourself so much.

Social Moon Firesky
03-27-2005, 10:11 PM
I think you should support your friend. She has taken a big step in asking you out, and may feel that it is time to step out of the dark. Or maybe, she is a little confused as to what her sexual orientation is. Either way, she will need good friends to help her, as, unfortunately, there are people in this world who won't understand. Personally, I'm not bothered if someone's gay. In fact, I really admire them, because they are going against the whole law of nature saying that it should be male/female. Homosexuality is not a sin.

Resha
03-28-2005, 03:35 PM
It must be scary when things like this happen. Take some time-out and reflect upon yourself, child...understand yourself, your feelings and then choose the path your heart must take.

*I sound so cool!* :D

nik0tine
03-28-2005, 03:48 PM
I have more advice that I want to give you, but for once I cannot decide if it is bad advice or not. If I deem it to be something that could help your situation, I will pm you with it. It isn't something that I want to post in this thread.

(Maybe I could get the Captain to evaluate this peice of advice for me... His opinions are invaluable.)