PDA

View Full Version : am i the only one that dislikes auron

youk
03-27-2005, 05:02 PM
am i the only one who thinks that auron is a loser come on he might be the cool guy but walking around spira like look at my arm i can't use it oh no my arm.ooh look there it's a fiend let's use my arm that i can't use cause there is a fiend .
come on that's just pafetic

Spiffing Cheese
03-27-2005, 05:05 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auron is awesome!

Skyblade
03-27-2005, 05:12 PM
am i the only one who thinks that auron is a loser come on he might be the cool guy but walking around spira like look at my arm i can't use it oh no my arm.ooh look there it's a fiend let's use my arm that i can't use cause there is a fiend .

Yes, you are the only one.

Besides, he never says that he can't use his arm. You just assumed that because he likes to wear it in a sling. So what? Just because he keeps his arm in a sling doesn't mean he can't use it. It is actually very fitting with the image of a ronin that Square gave to him, as is carrying around the jugs of saki.

Auron's awesome. Period.

youk
03-27-2005, 05:15 PM
i stil don't like him
what's so awsome about auron.

Skyblade
03-27-2005, 05:21 PM
...Everything...

He's the most mature and serious character on your team. He's the only real adult on your team. He's the only character who knows whats actually going on. He is a powerhouse of a character who can inflict very useful status effects like Armor Break and Mental Break. Once you collect all of his Overdrives and the Masamune he is capable of killing entire teams at once with Tornado, or doing serious damage to a boss and significantly reducing its stats with Banishing Blade. If that isn't enough for you, I give up, because you are probably never going to like him, no matter what anyone says.

Ultimate99997
03-27-2005, 05:46 PM
How Could You Say That About Auron???!!!!! He The Man (unsent Man)

FFVIII Fan
03-27-2005, 06:32 PM
yes yes u are the only one

Lon611
03-27-2005, 06:37 PM
am i the only one who thinks that auron is a loser

yes. ;) thanks for playing.

Kamrusepas
03-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Just here to say what everyone else has already said: Yup. You are the only one.

Spiffing Cheese
03-27-2005, 07:08 PM
...Everything...

He's the most mature and serious character on your team. He's the only real adult on your team. He's the only character who knows whats actually going on. He is a powerhouse of a character who can inflict very useful status effects like Armor Break and Mental Break. Once you collect all of his Overdrives and the Masamune he is capable of killing entire teams at once with Tornado, or doing serious damage to a boss and significantly reducing its stats with Banishing Blade. If that isn't enough for you, I give up, because you are probably never going to like him, no matter what anyone says.

Hell yes!

Squall of SeeD
03-27-2005, 07:18 PM
youk, Auron isn't wearing his arm in a sling. He's wearing it in the folds of his kimono. It's never implied that the arm was injured or that he couldn't use it. Auron carrying his arm in that manner is symbolism. Auron is based on a Ronin. Ronin are Samurai that have lost their masters, failed their masters, or otherwise shamed themselves.

In Auron's case, he had not only lost his master (Braska), but in his opinion, had shamed himself and failed Braska (recall that he attacks the Pyrefly-formed image of his younger self in Zanarkand; he despised himself for his "failure"). Carrying his arm in that manner represented this shame and the loss of his master. It wasn't just a random thing with no purpose.

youk
03-27-2005, 09:28 PM
ok now i understand why auron caries his arm around like that but stil i think it's a bit to much cause if he really wants to get himself down on that way i think he should not even use it in battle
and i'm not the only one who thinks this way a good friend of me thinks that way to.

i never said auron was not usefull for battle but i just don't like it that he caries his arm around like that.

Destai
03-27-2005, 09:36 PM
No, hes not the only one :D
I think hes horribly corny and if I knew someone like him in real life, I would mock him so much because no one is like that, at all. I generally like characters with a personality like him but I hate his sloppy fighting style. I think it makes him seem like a poser. I much prefer characters with an attitude similar to his but who are incredible fighters. Who break quickly from a cool stance and perform a powerful strike in a matter of seconds. The way he attacks,He runs up to an enemy sword over shoulder and its like he puts all his effort into pulling it over his shoulder, give up half way, and lets it fall to the ground.
I dont think he looks cool either. I think he looks fat and "un employed". He's so...NYAAAGH!! :p

rubah
03-27-2005, 09:38 PM
am i the only one who thinks that auron is a loser
Yes.

When you see him in the opening fmvs, I was thinking "oh look, it's a scary wizard dude controlling the water!"

fortunately Auron is much more interesting than that.

Destai
03-27-2005, 09:51 PM
Hah I proved you all wrong Xp

Savannah
03-27-2005, 10:12 PM
You only like him because he carries his arm in his sleeve? Well, Squall of SeeD explained the deal with that pretty well. He doesn't do it just for the heck of it.

Now you have no excuse. You have to like him. :D

Lon611
03-27-2005, 10:24 PM
Hah I proved you all wrong Xp

uh no. u dont' think he's an incredible fighter?he's the best fighter. and the whole "using all his mite to lift the sword", i mean, i think its more realistic. cloud uses his sword like he's hercules. plus, auron is an older fellow, so it makes sense.

Destai
03-27-2005, 10:34 PM
Dis I say it doesnt make sense :confused: I never said he wasnt a great fighter. I dislike his fighting style. i think both his style and him are sloppy. Heck the guide even called him sloppy.

redxiiii
03-27-2005, 10:41 PM

Don`t worry my friend u are not alone, I also hate the possibly drunk know it all, although he his my 2nd best guardian in the game ;)

Destai
03-27-2005, 10:58 PM
:) we should start a totally despised club!

fire_of_avalon
03-28-2005, 08:02 AM
Don`t worry my friend u are not alone, I also hate the possibly drunk know it all, although he his my 2nd best guardian in the game ;)
Drunk? xD

Auron is a warrior monk. The jug he carries is some form of sacramental wine he uses in worship, and in battle. Why do you think he uses it for his Banishing Blade Overdrive?

tailz
03-28-2005, 08:52 AM
sky dont get me wrong aurons great hes awsome but hes not the only adult in your group cause until you have him (and also after that) there is someone else who pretty much gets the group to do what they need to do

Destai
03-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Drunk? xD

Auron is a warrior monk. The jug he carries is some form of sacramental wine he uses in worship, and in battle. Why do you think he uses it for his Banishing Blade Overdrive?Either that or hes drunk :greenie:

youk
03-28-2005, 02:24 PM
he's drunk :p that's why he is so slow :p

Fireblade13
03-28-2005, 06:08 PM
Auron is my best guardian, yuna's the best. The reason auron pulls it out last is because hes brave. Tidus has to keep the blade out just so that he can swing it. You go to the poll on the worst fighter and see 0 votes saying hes the worst. So who is so cool other than Auron lulu who stills plays with dolls at the age of like 21?

Pouring Rain
03-28-2005, 09:25 PM
he's drunk :p that's why he is so slow :p
thats not why he's so slow. he's so slow because his blade is heavy and he doesn't have that much speed to start with. He is my most favorite person in the whole final fantasy world and only three people hate him? ya'll are the most idiotic people i have ever heard of. i got to get out of here before i start somethin

Destai
03-28-2005, 10:27 PM
thats not why he's so slow. he's so slow because his blade is heavy and he doesn't have that much speed to start with. He is my most favorite person in the whole final fantasy world and only three people hate him? ya'll are the most idiotic people i have ever heard of. i got to get out of here before i start somethinGrow up, Hes a video game character. If you think someones opinion of him defines intelligence then you're the idiot here.

Cuchulainn
03-28-2005, 11:21 PM
hahaha sonetimes I love Flamers...just to see other peoples reactions...Auron is useful, very useful. In regard to calling him a drunk, I doubt the makers plotted him as such, Jecht, now THERE was a drunk. Auron calls him a Drunkard why would a pot mock the kettle? He's a great character with deep-rooted history in Japanese writing. Others don't like his character, I do, I think it's pointless arguing the point as everyone will always have their own opinions on things. I LOVED Wakka, thought he was breath of fresh air the game needed, but most I talk to hate him. It's all Opinions & no one elses should matter except your own.

rubah
03-28-2005, 11:58 PM
auron? slow? only in animation.
<3 stat manipulating.

Heh, drunk.

Wakka isn't horrible, he's just very annoying^_^

FFVIII Fan
03-29-2005, 01:00 AM
Grow up, Hes a video game character. If you think someones opinion of him defines intelligence then you're the idiot here.
the fightin' irish hehe

Fantasy_Dragon
03-29-2005, 01:44 AM
Wow. This has turned out to be a highly inteligenetic conversation.

Oh, and, you know, he complains about his arm ALL THE FREAKING TIME. You know, just how he complains about everything else.

Cuchulainn
03-29-2005, 02:10 AM
hey now, we don't fight ALL the time...we might spill our achohol if we did that ;)

Incidentally did you Tidus' Celestial weapon is a Legendary Irish Sword?

Destai
03-29-2005, 10:05 AM
hey now, we don't fight ALL the time...we might spill our achohol if we did that ;)

Incidentally did you Tidus' Celestial weapon is a Legendary Irish Sword?We have a holiday for getting drunk, of course we enjoy a fight! (that doesnt mean I have to like auron :greenie: )

TurkSlayer
03-30-2005, 01:25 AM
Wow. This has turned out to be a highly inteligenetic conversation.

Oh, and, you know, he complains about his arm ALL THE FREAKING TIME. You know, just how he complains about everything else.

Excuse me, but WHEN has he complained about his arm? Or anything else, for that matter? Auron was the coolest character in FFX, joining my list of other favorite quiet characters: Shadow, Vincent, and Quina... okay, scratch the last one, but really, you three are probably the only people I know who hate Auron. He was the strong, mysterious, all-knowing secretive guy that most people all know and love.

youk
03-30-2005, 05:14 PM
auron? slow? only in animation.
<3 stat manipulating.

Heh, drunk.

Wakka isn't horrible, he's just very annoying^_^

that's because he wil always put YA? behind a quisting sentence
ya?:p you understand me;)

and i did not say he was the worst character i just hate him but kimarhi that's the worst character

lulusgirl
03-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Dude,Auron's Hott! ! ! ! ! !

Spiffing Cheese
03-30-2005, 09:08 PM
sky dont get me wrong aurons great hes awsome but hes not the only adult in your group cause until you have him (and also after that) there is someone else who pretty much gets the group to do what they need to do
Huh??? Who??? Do you mean Kimahri?

Fireblade13
03-30-2005, 10:15 PM
No because anyone could kill kimarhi giving him no authority.
Wakka whos what 21? Ya. and he hates al bhed what a loser even though hes my 2nd best guardian.

youk
03-31-2005, 08:18 PM
jou got almost no choiche you must train wakka rikku and tidus cause there the only 3 that can fight underwater

CaladBolgLionHeart
04-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Are u kidding me? How can u criticize Auron? He was the best character.
Tidus was a whining blitzball brat (although cool)
Wakka was a somewhat inept stereotype of my Hawaiian people. (although strong)
Lulu was.....antisocial, and vindictive. (although hot)
Rikku was hyper, sometimes annoying. (although reallly hot)
Yuna.....well, Yuna had no flaws. (And she was realllllly hot)
Kimahri was a giant blue cat with a halberd. (although powerful)

youk
04-01-2005, 04:15 PM
critizeizing auron is very easy cause he is strange

rubah
04-02-2005, 06:29 AM
critizeizing auron is very easy cause he is strange

And suddenly the root of all of the world's problems are highlighted by this statement.

Destai
04-02-2005, 09:13 AM
Its easy cause hes an overweight drunkard, lazy and an annoying know it all.

youk
04-02-2005, 09:59 AM
exactlly

crazybayman
04-02-2005, 03:10 PM
Its easy cause hes an overweight drunkard, lazy and an annoying know it all.

After everything everyone in this thread has told you about Auron, that's the best thing you can come up with? Gimme a break.

He's none of the above. The reason he acts like a know-it-all is because he's the only one who actually knows what's going on.

So yes, maybe he is a know-it-all......but with good reason.

TurkSlayer
04-02-2005, 03:40 PM
Like crazybayman said above, your really not winning ANYONE over here. Your reasons are pretty pathetic.
1. How is he lazy? He helped Tidus and the group more than anyone!
2. So he carries a jug around, And suddenly he's a drunk? I mean, besides wwhen hes using Banishing Blade, he doesn't EVER use it!
3. Read above to see why he's a no-it-all.

Destai
04-02-2005, 04:25 PM
Need help pulling that stick from your ass? I thought it was pretty clear that Im kidding. I dont like him in general. Why exactly do I have to justify that? Dont take me disliking him so personally because thats how Im picking it up.

Ultimate99997
04-02-2005, 05:43 PM
something short and sweet to say..................auron is cool....................period.

Shoden
04-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Auron's the best character in Final Fantasy X

Spiffing Cheese
04-02-2005, 07:02 PM
He's definitely the coolest... Tidus is funnier, though (and hotter :D).

rubah
04-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I dont like him in general. Why exactly do I have to justify that?

You have a point. I don't like Celes, but like heck if I'm going to figure out exactly why.

Destai
04-02-2005, 08:03 PM
Sorry for the flames.

TurkSlayer
04-02-2005, 08:31 PM
Alright, I can accept you not liking him for no real reason besides the fact you don't like him. But it just pisses me off when someone calls one of my favorite characters of all time an overweight drunkard, lazy and an annoying know it all. That, I take personally. But I understand. Its okay now.

Pouring Rain
04-02-2005, 09:40 PM
Dude,Auron's Hott! ! ! ! ! !I totally agree. He's so hott!!!!!!!!!!

youk
04-03-2005, 03:08 PM
i still don't understand what's so cool about auron.
i just don't like him cause he is who he is a drunkard lazzy son of a bitch.
so can some one explain why you guy's think auron is sow cool?
and don''t say cause he know's evrything or cause he is the adult of the group!

Destai
04-03-2005, 03:15 PM
Well I was kidding anyway :rolleyes2

Cuchulainn
04-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Too many Flamers here....Youk please explain where you have come to the conclusion that he's a drunk to prove to me you arn't just copying Destei's ttongue-in-cheek flames. I'm not annoyed because you are mocking Auron, I'm annoyed because I have to read ignorant flame post with about 0 credability.
If you are indeed just a copycat flamer then I bow to your unoriginal flaming skills, you are truely touched by God.

meowwl
04-03-2005, 04:03 PM
Ok...where did the overweight thing come from?...Auron's ripped..especially for a near 40 something year old!

Destai
04-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Too many Flamers here....Youk please explain where you have come to the conclusion that he's a drunk to prove to me you arn't just copying Destei's ttongue-in-cheek flames. I'm not annoyed because you are mocking Auron, I'm annoyed because I have to read ignorant flame post with about 0 credability.
If you are indeed just a copycat flamer then I bow to your unoriginal flaming skills, you are truely touched by God.Provoking him isnt much better.

Palindrome
04-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Auron totally looks like Mad Max(huge plus).
All this talk about his sloppy fighting stye shows how much you people know about swords. Let me enlighten you. THEY ARE FREAKING HEAVY!!!! Swords the size he carries would be nearly impossible to wield any other way.
The only thing he has going against him is he shaves his armpits exactly the way French women don't.

Del Murder
04-03-2005, 07:17 PM
Knock off the insults, guys. Destai and Cuchulainn, it is probably best if you leave each other alone. Kidding or no, we do not allow rude comments such as those at this board.

Auron reminds me of Wolverine.

Cuchulainn
04-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Firstly, nothing I said was particularly insulting, if you did get insulted, I'm mystifyingly apologetic.
Secondly, none of my posts were actually directed toward Destei.
Thirdly, this was being flamed well before I even posted yet nothing was said.
And lastly, Shabba.

Destai
04-03-2005, 09:28 PM
Yes I know your posts werent directed towards me. Sorry for causing trouble.

youk
04-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Auron totally looks like Mad Max(huge plus).
All this talk about his sloppy fighting stye shows how much you people know about swords. Let me enlighten you. THEY ARE FREAKING HEAVY!!!! Swords the size he carries would be nearly impossible to wield any other way.
The only thing he has going against him is he shaves his armpits exactly the way French women don't.

auron use's a katana right?
wel a katana is a pretty light sowrd cause i train with them myself
sow conclusion auron is slow cause a katana aint a heavy sowrd

Del Murder
04-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Thirdly, this was being flamed well before I even posted yet nothing was said.
If you see that again please use the warn button and someone will address it.

Dante WolfWood
04-03-2005, 10:12 PM
umm, a couple of things...

have you SEEN auron's sword? the damn thing is longer than he is and its HUGE!!!! Also, I'm not a whiz kid at this but, if I'm not mistaken, a katana is a Blade on one side and has a sharp curve, It doesnt neccesarily mean they're all light swords, just majority of them ARE.

Last, AURON IS THE BEST, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU FOOL?

CaladBolgLionHeart
04-04-2005, 01:11 AM
i still don't understand what's so cool about auron.
i just don't like him cause he is who he is a drunkard lazzy son of a bitch.
so can some one explain why you guy's think auron is sow cool?
and don''t say cause he know's evrything or cause he is the adult of the group!

For the same reason Destai doesn't like him. Because we just think he's cool, there's no way to explain it. And since when does Auron EVER drink?

TurkSlayer
04-04-2005, 03:57 AM
Why is everyone calling him drunk? AURON DOESN'T EVER DRINK!!!! And Dante is irght, if you think his sword his light, then you obviously haven't looked at it very well. Anyway, Auron is cool for many reasons. Some are hard to explain. Some reasons I like him are because hes dark and mysterious, never worried when horrible things happen, knows everything before the other but lets them find their own way, and of course his "stories". There are a lot of other reasons, but I don't have the time to write them.

youk
04-04-2005, 06:32 PM
umm, a couple of things...

have you SEEN auron's sword? the damn thing is longer than he is and its HUGE!!!! Also, I'm not a whiz kid at this but, if I'm not mistaken, a katana is a Blade on one side and has a sharp curve, It doesnt neccesarily mean they're all light swords, just majority of them ARE.

Last, AURON IS THE BEST, WHATS WRONG WITH YOU FOOL?

but i know for sure one weapon of auron is called katana and i know that what he use's aint a katana is because it's to damn heavy.
a katana was made with one sharp edge and pretty light so you can be alble to have no trouble when you're runnig cause it's to heavy so that sowrd defently aint a katana why do the call it a katana then?

Palindrome
04-04-2005, 09:11 PM
The same thing bothered me. I own a katana and have been trained to use it. What auron uses is not a katana. I don't know what you would call that thing.

Squall of SeeD
04-04-2005, 11:28 PM
It's obviously intended to be a play on a Katana (with Auron's obvious Ronin basis) but a really exaggerated one. To be honest, it makes me think of a Zanbatou or a Nagamaki only with the length of the components reversed: Instead of a really long handle with a Katana-like blade, it has a Katana-like handle with a really long -- and wide -- blade.

But, no, it's definitely not a standard Katana.

TurkSlayer
04-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Oh, crap, I forgot that it was actually called a katana. But I just started playing it again and your right, that can't be a katana. I have on myself, and its not even close to that big! Okay, so that is sort of stupid. But the sword itself is kind of cool.

Dante WolfWood
04-05-2005, 11:56 PM
hmm, maybe they're just tyring to emphasize the fact that hes "Samurai" but he needs to keep his bad-ass look so they gave him a Over-sized Katana.

Also, maybe its a katana in that world I mean hell, Wakka uses a damn ball, so what? They might just be trying to empasize its a Final FANTASY game.

youk
04-06-2005, 05:22 PM
in most FF you got pretty realistic weapons exept a few.
but even if they don't use realistic weapons they would have named it diffrent i think cause this cause's confusoin.
and if auron would be a samurai guy thingy he would look diffrent i think they made more like ninja meets samurai look

Dr. Casey
06-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Ok...where did the overweight thing come from?...Auron's ripped..especially for a near 40 something year old!

He's only 35... the only reason anyone considers 35 to be old at all is because so many people are seditary and age faster than they should. Bob Delmonteque benches 250+ and he's 84. :P

MAS82587
06-16-2005, 10:30 PM
i thought auron was a usefull character to use in battle, but i didnt really care for him in the game too much. i didnt really love or hate him, but i do see where the people that dont like him are coming from.

J.D
06-17-2005, 06:07 PM

It Cant Be More Pathetic Than Tidus
Auron Rules

The Unsent
06-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Tis true...Auron does indeed rule!

1. He has a big sword. I would like a big sword...
2. He's hot...Obviously this doesn't have the same appeal for the guys in this thread!
3. The mysterious dudes are always the best in FF...Second only to the bad guys, in fact!
4. He has a Sake jug!!!! How cool is that?!?
5. The rest of the blokes in FFX pale in comparison...except for Jecht...
Let's face it...Tidus is an Amercanised whiner, Wakka is plain annoying, and don't get me started on Seymour...