PDA

View Full Version : Happy Easter

Quina
03-27-2005, 06:21 PM
Easter is most commonly known today as a Christian holiday, celebrating the ressurection of the messiah Jesus from his grave in one of the most significant acts of this religion, but the holiday is in fact much more encompassing than that. Long before the Judo-Christian religions were even formed, people had been performing spring rituals of rebirth and renewal. The name of the holiday itself is borrowed from a pagan fertility goddess, and the concept of an Easter Bunny and eggs are also surviving symbols of this era. Spring is a time of creation, one of the greatest acts possible in this universe, and these spring rituals are a means for celebrating them. So whether you consider this a holiday of religious importance, a self-reflecting period of new beginnings, or both, or neither, I hope you enjoy this springtime period. (One can argue the further correlation between spring/fertility and the increased activity of young girls taking their tops off in Florida during this time period, but I won't bore you with those details.)

Meat Puppet
03-27-2005, 06:29 PM
Being in the future, Jesus has long been revived for me.

Jojee
03-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Today is Sunday! You future people ;)

Yay Easter :) Bunny ears + chocolate + SPRINGTIME! I love Spring. It's the best season... because when you go shopping, they all have awesome colours XD Then again maybe summer is the best cos' you can actually WEAR those awesome clothes more.... :|

Er anyway, yes, *bites* ^_^

Dr.K
03-27-2005, 06:42 PM
Easter and Spring a brill. Although the weather today in London was anything BUT spring-like.
Happy Easter regardless :)

Craig
03-27-2005, 06:44 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/foogle/EasterBunnySlipper.jpg

Happy Easter!

Levian
03-27-2005, 07:12 PM
...Good Friday? Crazy Englishmen.

Yamaneko
03-27-2005, 07:20 PM
I didn't know Christians practiced Judo so fervently.

-N-
03-27-2005, 07:40 PM
For Easter, I hid 24 painted beers in our dorm somewhere and sent out an email for people to go find them. But then I smashed one with a golf club, so now there are only 23. :(

eestlinc
03-27-2005, 07:54 PM
it's raining here today. I think I'm actually going to some sort of meal thing with some friends. I hope they don't serve ham.

Caspian
03-27-2005, 07:58 PM
I never celebrate Easter, but at least candy is cheap.

Zeldy
03-27-2005, 08:00 PM
w00t, its Easter!
Hope you all have Had a nice easter!

Sepho
03-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Easter is a nice, relaxing holiday for me. Dinner at the grandparent's house is usually astounding, and when I was younger, I enjoyed finding eggs. Not the eggs that I would never eat regardless of whether they were hard-boiled or not, but the plastic kind which come apart and inside you find candy.

I'm already eaten too much candy. Ugh. :Oo: