PDA

View Full Version : Weapons of Choice

LifeAsABullet
03-27-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm on the fourth disk at Memoria and I realise that most of my equipment about suck. My crew is almost at level 50 and they are getting their butts kicked! Is there any place where I can upgrade my weapons? I can't synth cause I don't have any of the needed items to do about anything. Ideas are welcomed because I don't want to level up to 99 when I don't have to.

eestlinc
03-27-2005, 09:04 PM
this is where the chocograph treasures come in handy.

LifeAsABullet
03-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Chocograph? Oh god, I'm screwed. I haven't figured out how to do anything with the chocobos on this game, I felt no need but I did visit the forest once and the moogle handed me some greens but I could never find a chocobo..what the hell? :confused:

Craig
03-27-2005, 10:20 PM
Well you need to use Chocographs to get Zidanes Ultima Weapon, y ou can find a few Ultimate weapons for others lieing around Memoria I think. I think there's a good weapon for Steiner in Dagguero, not sure, and catch 99 Frogs and fight Quale(?) for Quina's ultimate weapon.

Lon611
03-27-2005, 11:12 PM
if im not mistaken, if u look at one of the 'castle's' with windows and step out onto the balcony,there's a hidden weapon for zidane called "the hammer" if im not mistaken. plus, u dont need to level up to 99. 65-70 shud do fine:D

ChaosVivi
03-28-2005, 02:56 AM
If you want to call a chocobo, just stand on some chocobo tracks and use the greens. Then just go dig in the chocobo's places and find chocographs. They're all pretty easy to find. The hardest one to find is called "Ocean" and it's just west of the Salvage Archipelago on the Forgotten Continent. You'll need a dark blue chocobo to get it, but I believe that treasure chast has Freya's ultimate weapon in it.

Also, by using the chocobo, you can get a few of Steiner's weapons that will teach him those abilities that Beatrix kicked your butt with back in Disks 1 and 2.

Phil
03-28-2005, 03:03 AM
You need to equip some sort of bracelet- lemme lookit up really quick- ............................................................Egoist's Armlet- then you can use Doomsday, Vivi's ultimate attack, without pwning yourself. (the egoist's armlet reduces shadow damage to 0% effectiveness, and since Doomsday attacks you too, it is therefore nullified) You get the Mace of Zeus, the ultimate Vivi Weapon before the fight with Deathguise on the little platform. Just run around and press the buttons untuil you get it, 'cause it's just lyin on the ground!

Another fairly useful item is the Pumice Piece. When you have it equiped to Eiko or Dagger, the Eidolon will appear each time instead of randomly. This causes 2 times the damage, but only if the boost abuility is learned or if the pumice piece is equipped. Use Odin's Sword (and Item you should already have) to make Odin do Wind damage if he fails to perform a 1 hit K.O.!

Zeldy
03-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Im up to Memoria, weapons, i have kick ass weapons, ill find out sometime and pm you.
Memoria is pretty hard im leveling up, my Zidane is lv 56.

LifeAsABullet
03-28-2005, 05:20 PM
Thanks! :D I finally got the chocobo thing to work and I guess I got the light blue chocobo..it only goes around in the shallow water and I'm looking for a particular island. I'm trying to find all of which the game offeres but I'm on disk 4 so I really can't return to majority of the places. I'm scared to set afoot in Memoria. I'll get beat!

Dreddz
04-04-2005, 06:19 PM
You get the Tower at Memoria anyway. Thats actually good enough but the other characters. You get Vivi's best weopen in there. Get chocographs they help alot.

SeeDRankLou
04-04-2005, 09:52 PM
And if you want some adequately good weapons really quick, just go to Daguerro and buy some. They're not the best, but they're still good.