PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about earthbound?

Dark Warrior
03-27-2005, 08:47 PM
I really like it, it's a great game, but some friends of mine
thinks that the game is bad.

The only bad thing are the battles, but the rest game
it's perfet.

So, Do you agree or disagree?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-27-2005, 08:51 PM
Great game. Classic. Lookin' forward to the third one.

Dark Warrior
03-27-2005, 08:55 PM
Now I remember...

I'm talking about the snes game, I've heard that exist a nes game, but I can't find a rom version.
Could someone tell me please where to find it?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-27-2005, 08:56 PM
I was talking about the SNES game, too. I've never played the first one. You should be able to find the ROM for the unreleased English version here (http://www.edgeemu.com), though, if you want.

Dark Warrior
03-27-2005, 09:02 PM
ok, thanks a lot..

MecaKane
03-27-2005, 09:29 PM
Rockin game.
The NES was pretty good, too. Never finished it, though.
Are they actually working on a new one, for GC? I remember seeing screenshots for one for N64 in old Nintendo Power episodes but nothing ever came of that. @_@

Sepho
03-27-2005, 09:42 PM
I think it's one of the best RPGs ever made. The world is so surrealistic and lighthearted all at the same time. In addition, I don't mind battling at all - I spend much time developing my party.

I haven't played the NES game for more than a few minutes, though. By the way, Starmen.net (http://www.starmen.net) is probably the best Earthbound resource I've come across.

Flamethrower
03-27-2005, 10:02 PM
Loved it. One of the best RPGs ever, as far as I'm concerned. It was nice to see a RPG with a lot of humor incorporated in it as well as a modern setting rather than the typical medieval or futuristic setting.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-27-2005, 10:03 PM
Mother 3 was announced last July (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=1194) and was projected for release in late 2005. As far as I know, there's been no official statement as to what platform it'll be on; at the time, people assumed GBA, but now that the GBA is ancient history, it could be for the DS or even the GameCube.

Flamethrower
03-27-2005, 10:12 PM
I'm jealous of the Japanese. They get Mother 1 & 2 (Earthbound 0 & Earthbound) on the Game Boy Advance. :(

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Yeah I really don't understand why Nintendo didn't bring that one over. They already had both games translated and the Smash Bros. games had raised Earthbound awareness significantly. Way to miss the boat.

Sepho
03-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Uh huh. There was a fair-sized Earthbound fanbase before the Smash Brothers games came to be, and I only imagine the number of gamers who played Earthbound afterwards.

I think from a business standpoint, many Japanese companies underestimate the demand for quality titles when deciding to localize certain games for stateside release. To be fair though, it's quite obvious that outside of Japan, the typical licensed crap and franchise sequels dominate sales charts where fun, innovative games are left to barely make a dent. It's too bad.

omnitarian
03-27-2005, 11:20 PM
If Mother 3 is coming out at all, it's coming out for GBA. The commercial for Mother 1 + 2 had 'the blurb' about a Mother 3 for GBA, and Shigeru Miyamoto said in a November '04 interview (http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=3918) that Mother 3 will be released for the GBA sometime in late 2005.

We've seen no media from the GBA Mother 3, though. It's unknown wether they'll hit us with a big shocker soon, or if they gave up.

And yes, I like Earthbound. The Starmen.net forums are the only other forums I visit.

CaptRory
03-28-2005, 04:40 AM
EarthBound tops my list of favorite games. The crazy humor, the plot was pretty good, the music was pretty good. What sold me the most though was the humor, ordinarily "Save the World" RPG's are dark and have somber overtones, EarthBound was a breath of fresh air. It wasn't until the very end things got serious. It also made the sad parts more poignant

XxSephirothxX
03-28-2005, 04:42 AM
I downloaded the ROM once, and I thought the humor was great, but I really disliked the battle system. I'm sure I would have grown accustomed to it and loved the game, but I think I ended up getting hooked on Super Mario RPG or Final Fantasy VI, and never played Earthbound again.

CaptRory
03-28-2005, 04:48 AM
The battle system is fairly easy to use. It doesn't take long to grow accustomed to it. And once you learn what all the psychic powers and special abilities are you can navigate the menues fairly quickly. (Not that combat is timed in any way.)

Sephex
03-28-2005, 05:49 AM
This game was one my most frequently played games back when summer hit around my late Jr. High/ early High school years. Great game. Good times.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-28-2005, 06:05 AM
I loved Earthbound, I really should look into getting an emulator so I can play that, Mario RPG, and all the other games that I miss so much.