PDA

View Full Version : Clan help

FieryxNightxSky
03-28-2005, 06:36 AM
Well I beat my old game with a sad party of a Ninja, Hunter, Alchemist, summoner, gunner and dragoon. But the thing was I never learned great class combos(like sumemr/red amge) and such. I restarted my game and have the regular starting part of

humans-2
bangaa-1
Nu mou-1
Moogle-1
Veina-1

what should i level these characters up to be and what are soem good abilities for them to use

please help

tailz
03-28-2005, 09:17 AM
i would do it like this take your human (not marche to become a palladin) then have marche become a thief/ninja (this not for long but ill tell you what for) have your viera become a assasin/sniper. montblanc (srry i dont think he is handy but thats my one fault in my save) make him a gunner/ ? then have your nu mou become beasmaster(so he cann become a morpher) and for your bangaa make him a warrior and train him to become a defender/dragoon

exept all other chars then offer to join your group

if you get two other humans (youl need them) train one as a archer to become a hunter/archer (make sure you gott as much archer abilities you can get by the end most of there abilities can be handy) and one other need 1 blac and 1 white magic and make him a blue mage ASAP so you can learn abbilities. and learn goblin punch and uhm i think its dragon force ASAP these monster disapear (red goblin and thunderdrake) also catch them with your hunter. (feed them lots for your beasmaster who by now can hopefully bacome a morpher.

and just expet all chars and go for the secret chars. once you got eldena wich you must get as soon as you have the elda's cup or else the item will be gone and no eldena and make her (this is just my opinion) a red mage/ summoner they kick ass (you might ask why eldena well that saves you the trouble from learning doublecast cause she has it)

pff im starting to look just like sky with these long storys (no offense sky)

and HFGL

FieryxNightxSky
03-28-2005, 03:54 PM
Thanks for the help and I know, I type way to much.

I'm still open for other ideas to since I ahve 2 save files I can try 2 different ideas in each one

Fireblade13
03-28-2005, 04:24 PM
I like the bishop/ White monk because its default. Ninja attacks are to weak just get that for Double S. and element/ summoner is my favorite V. combo. especially with double cast what weopen gives you that? Beastmasters have terrible accuracy so I like the alchemist/white magic to crush all my foes.

Skyblade
03-28-2005, 09:07 PM
i would do it like this take your human (not marche to become a palladin) then have marche become a thief/ninja (this not for long but ill tell you what for) have your viera become a assasin/sniper. montblanc (srry i dont think he is handy but thats my one fault in my save) make him a gunner/ ? then have your nu mou become beasmaster(so he cann become a morpher) and for your bangaa make him a warrior and train him to become a defender/dragoon

exept all other chars then offer to join your group

if you get two other humans (youl need them) train one as a archer to become a hunter/archer (make sure you gott as much archer abilities you can get by the end most of there abilities can be handy) and one other need 1 blac and 1 white magic and make him a blue mage ASAP so you can learn abbilities. and learn goblin punch and uhm i think its dragon force ASAP these monster disapear (red goblin and thunderdrake) also catch them with your hunter. (feed them lots for your beasmaster who by now can hopefully bacome a morpher.

and just expet all chars and go for the secret chars. once you got eldena wich you must get as soon as you have the elda's cup or else the item will be gone and no eldena and make her (this is just my opinion) a red mage/ summoner they kick ass (you might ask why eldena well that saves you the trouble from learning doublecast cause she has it)

pff im starting to look just like sky with these long storys (no offense sky)

and HFGL

(None taken)

Pretty good advice here. A certain note, however: Jobs have different stat growth. While the jobs that tailz gave you are excellent for ending classes, I would suggest leveling the characters as other jobs. Such as:

Humans: Level as Hunters or Blue Mages, depending on whether you want them to be fighters or magic users. Paladins kick @$$, but are slow as hell. Hunters have good stats all the way around, including MP, Speed, and Attack. Blue Mages are another well rounded job, they are simply more suited for magic than for physical combat than Hunters.

Moogles: Level as either Time Mages or Black Mages if you want them to be a magic user, kupo. It doesn't really matter which, kupo. If you want them to be a physical attacker, level them as a combination of Mog Knight and Thief, kupo! Mog Knights are easily the strongest of the physical jobs available to Moogles, kupopo, but are among the slowest job in the game, kupo. If half of the levels you gain are as a thief, kupo, it will easily counter the Mog Knight's slow speed, kupo. (When you've reached a high enough level, switch to a Gunner with Charge and unleash Ultima Charge on your enemies from 8 squares away, kupo!)

Bangaa: It doessn't really matter what you level Bangaa asss. If you want a Bangaa to be a magic usser, level them up asss a Bishop. Otherwissse, go with the job of your choice. Although I recommend Gladiatorss and Templar ssince they have better MP.

Nu Mou: Another race that requires some thought. Sage is easily the best Nu Mou class, except for their speed, which downright sucks. So combine Nu Mou leveling as a Sage and an Alchemist/Morpher/Beastmaster. Of course, if you are going to use maxed monsters and nothing else, you don't need to worry about any stats except HP, MP, and Speed. Beastmaster is probably the best for speed, Alchemist is the best MP-wise, and Sage is the best HP-wise.

Viera: The last class, and the simplest to decide on. Level all physical attackers as Assassins. Massive speed, and excellent Attack and MP. Level magic using Viera as Red Mages or Summoners (Summoners are more powerful, but also slower).

Mittopotahis
03-28-2005, 10:45 PM
Moogles: Level as either Time Mages or Black Mages if you want them to be a magic user, kupo. It doesn't really matter which, kupo. If you want them to be a physical attacker, level them as a combination of Mog Knight and Thief, kupo! Mog Knights are easily the strongest of the physical jobs available to Moogles, kupopo, but are among the slowest job in the game, kupo. If half of the levels you gain are as a thief, kupo, it will easily counter the Mog Knight's slow speed, kupo. (When you've reached a high enough level, switch to a Gunner with Charge and unleash Ultima Charge on your enemies from 8 squares away, kupo!)

Bangaa: It doessn't really matter what you level Bangaa asss. If you want a Bangaa to be a magic usser, level them up asss a Bishop. Otherwissse, go with the job of your choice. Although I recommend Gladiatorss and Templar ssince they have better MP.

:) :) :) Skyblade, You have made my Day!...You even put in Kupopo, which only happens like 3 times in the Game! Great advice though (all of it), It will really help me with my stats heaps..What class do you suggest for leveling Magic Power on a Viera? My Summoner got a Yellow Card, Stat Down, Magic Power 99. So now she only does about 30 damage and she is useless unless I am in a Free Ahli! Mission where in Vampire moves first, always to a square right next to a zombie. Summoner goes next, Doublecast Phoenix, 1 hits the zombie and Vampire, the other hits another Zombie. Juggler or Time Mage next (depends who I want, i tend to go Juggler cause he goes right after the Summoner, while the Time Mage waits a bit longer) So then I use Smile/Quicken on the Summoner, she moves and uses Phoenix and the last Zombie. Easy! (Phoenix does instant kill to all Undead with 100% accuracy!) Anyway I thought i would just tell you that little story

Yeah anyway I use her for undead and and Carbuncle, because she moves really fast, I can get most of my people in One shot, but If i cant, I just doublecast and she gets all of them...But I cant use her for anything else because she does about 30 Damage now...Any ideas?

omnitarian
03-28-2005, 10:53 PM
I always prefer levelling my Viera magic users as Assassins over Summoners. They have very similar MP and MagPow growth, but the Assassin will end up with lots more speed (0.8 speed growth on a Summoner, 2.3 for an Assassin.)

To me, an extra 40 in MagPow is worthless if the battle is over before you can put it to good use.

Mittopotahis
03-28-2005, 10:56 PM
To me, an extra 40 in MagPow is worthless if the battle is over before you can put it to good use.

What do you mean by that?

omnitarian
03-28-2005, 11:05 PM
Summoners gain more MagPow per level than Assassins.

However, Summoners gain much less speed per level than Assassins.

Since speed determines how quickly your turn comes around in battle, a magic user raised as an assassin will be able to start using magic right off the bat. A summoner-raised character will just sit around being worthless until their turn comes around. By that time, the battle will be over, trivially close to over, or worst of all, your magic user will be dead or severely damaged. The summoner-raised character's magic will be slightly more potent, but it's wasted because their options were limited by a slow speed stat.

Skyblade
03-29-2005, 04:53 AM
In the midst of your arguement, you seem to have missed a very important point that I mentioned: You don't have to level a character as only one job. If you can't decide between power and speed, just go ahead and switch between Summoner and Assassin every few levels. Your Viera will wind up with decent speed (while nowhere near the godly speed of the Assassin, at least enough to ensure that the Summoner gets into the fray) and stronger magic than the straight Assassin trained character. Mix and match, until you find the combination that you like! Almost all of the jobs have at least one stat which they are terrible in. By mixing up which job you train a character in, you can ensure that the stats that are most important to you are raised, while avoiding any major downfalls (like leveling a Moogle to level 50 as a Mog Knight, kupo kupo. You'll probably forget he's on the field by the time you get to him, kupo [this happened to me with Lini during my first play through]).

omnitarian
03-29-2005, 07:51 PM
That's very true.

I prefer levelling up people as just one job, because it saves time and energy when you're making your characters. You also have more control over the stats; with mixed levelling, getting ideal stats involves resetting at every level up. With pure levels, you wait until your average clan level hits 50, run dispatch missions with the Ally Finder 2, find several "specimens", and then judge each one like a piece of meat. :D

Of course, it all only applies when you're power running and shooting for the best stats. If you're just playing through the game, trying to get the best stats isn't worth the effort.