PDA

View Full Version : FF8 Strength

RIP Dime
03-28-2005, 07:21 PM
Ok So I have Squall and all other charactors with a GF with strength at 255 all are at 100, but I can never, NEVER hit 9999 even after the use of Meltdown, It may be beacuse all my strengths are junctioned, any help?

Sepho
03-28-2005, 07:39 PM
If your Str stat is at 255, and you use Meltdown, and it's not doing 9,999, then it's not going to do 9,999. The physical damage done to an enemy also depends on that enemies Vit stat, but then again, that should be irrelevant given the Vit O status caused by Meltdown. For the record, my individual Renzokuken strikes usually dish out damage in the low 9,000's on a Vit O'ed enemy.

RIP Dime
03-28-2005, 07:42 PM
The thing is back in Maybe 99-00 I had a game where All charactors did 9999, I had put Str Bonus with all and junctioned to Str, and all but Rinoa would, but she didnt have a GF

EDIT: Mine do about 7600 in Renzokuken......

Sword
03-28-2005, 09:20 PM
In my last game everyone except squall did 9999 damage. he was in the low 8000s

Ultima Shadow
03-28-2005, 09:44 PM
If you get a crictical strike, you'll do 9999. If not... then you won't do 9999. To boost the chance of getting a crictical strike, you should boost your Hit and Luck stats. Also, if you have elemental magic junctioned to your attacks, it may effect the dammage done.

<Glenn>
03-28-2005, 10:36 PM
I dont know if this is a Spoiler so i dunno >_<......

If you want to be Godly in Final Fantasy Eight, walk around with Diablo's Never Encounter Ability on, and walk around pressing "x" like mad in the Island Closest To Hell.... Their is Hidden Draw points everywhere and you can get Ultima Meteor etc..... i would suggst Meteor on your str.. that should boost it up high... if you have any more questions on what you should have junctioned i suppose i could replay the game and tell you... or see if i even have a save still on my memory card.

Glenn

<Glenn>
03-28-2005, 10:41 PM
That is very true hehe i ALMOST forgot about that trigger... ohh i just remembered Lion Heart.... so godly!

Masamune·1600
03-28-2005, 10:45 PM

If you want to be Godly in Final Fantasy Eight, walk around with Diablo's Never Encounter Ability on, and walk around pressing "x" like mad in the Island Closest To Hell.... Their is Hidden Draw points everywhere and you can get Ultima Meteor etc..... i would suggst Meteor on your str.. that should boost it up high... if you have any more questions on what you should have junctioned i suppose i could replay the game and tell you... or see if i even have a save still on my memory card.

RIP Dime claims to have strength 255, and have achieved this through junctioning. Boosting the strength stat isn't the problem here.

Basically, Ultima Shadow makes a good point about critical hits. Fortunately, however, the game was designed to allow a Squall to deliver a critical hit every time. Press the trigger just as he's swinging his gunblade, and it will deliver a critical hit. That will hopefully deliver the desired 9999 strikes.

EDIT: Why does my text appear bold, despite the notable fact that I didn't bold it?

Ultima Shadow
03-28-2005, 10:58 PM
Basically, Ultima Shadow makes a good point about critical hits. Fortunately, however, the game was designed to allow a Squall to deliver a critical hit every time. Press the trigger just as he's swinging his gunblade, and it will deliver a critical hit. That will hopefully deliver the desired 9999 strikes.

EDIT: Why does my text appear bold, despite the notable fact that I didn't bold it?
Yes. However... Squalls critical hits only does an extra 1/3 or 1/4 dammage while the other characters critical hits does double dammage. Therefore the other characters are able to deliver more powerfull blows than Squall since Squall ALWAYS gets a critical hit if you just press R1 at the right moment. Therefore it may be so that Squall only delivers 8000-9000 dammage with his critical hits while the others does the desired 9999.

rubah
03-28-2005, 11:08 PM
That's a good question.

And as for the topic at hand, do you really *need* to hit for 9999?

Ultima Shadow
03-28-2005, 11:17 PM
do you really *need* to hit for 9999?
No, you really don't. :p

BorIzEE27
03-29-2005, 09:08 AM
The reason you don't hit for 9999 is because your eniemies are also at level 100(they level up with you) . There vitality is high at level 100.

Ultima Shadow
03-29-2005, 03:41 PM
The reason you don't hit for 9999 is because your eniemies are also at level 100(they level up with you) . There vitality is high at level 100.
He mentioned casting Meltdown on them. Meltdown drops the Vit to 0.

crazybayman
03-29-2005, 05:00 PM

Glenn

Damn! Wish I knew about all those secret draw points. And to think I wasted all that money on that frickin' Ultima drawpoint at Shumi Village. :(

Kamrusepas
03-29-2005, 05:49 PM
What does 5000 gil matter with that SeeD salary? :)

RIP Dime
03-29-2005, 08:17 PM
Ok thanks for all the replies, but the thing is I am already doing all these things, Critical Hits, Junctioning str and using Meltdown, yet still I get low to mid 7000's I think it may be a result of having a low Str and Junctioning to make it better, so I started a new game and got Str Bonis in Balamb right after I got Ifrit, so I am trying it again but I dont know if it will work.....Please help....

Shalashaska
03-29-2005, 10:24 PM
If you want to make your characters godly then play a stat max game, simple. That will get you around half-way there and then you just card mod for hours on end (and/or invest in a Pocketstation). Strength is actually one of the easiest stats to boost to a natural 255.

RIP Dime
03-29-2005, 10:36 PM
I agree, possibly the hardest is Luck.....Can Gilgimesh do anything besides Excalibur and Zantizuken?

Ultima Shadow
03-29-2005, 11:55 PM
Can Gilgimesh do anything besides Excalibur and Zantizuken?
Yes, he can do Excalipoor and Massamune as well.

And don't forget that elemental junctioning to attack may be the reason you can't hit for 9999.

Shrub
04-23-2005, 05:51 PM
on the sphinx in ulti castle i do 9999 each time even without vit 0 and lion heart always does 9999 each hit