PDA

View Full Version : Firefox ;_;

TheAbominatrix
03-29-2005, 12:02 AM
Last night after surfing the web a bit (check out me and my awesome net lingo!), I shut firefox and went to do something else on my comp. When I wished to return and browse a few webpages, I clicked on the icon and something very strange happened. A grey box popped up listing profiles (only one was there, the default one) and saying I could create, manage, or select one. Well I tried to use default, but it notified me that default was in use.

I messed with it for a bit, but in the interest of time since I wanted to get some sleep, I made a new profile. Now, this current browser has none of my favorites, my history, or any of my preferences. It's as if I got a new copy of firefox. So I tried to switch back to default. No dice! I couldnt find anything in the help texts so I thought I'd ask here.

Someone help me! :skull2:

RSL
03-29-2005, 12:06 AM
This isn't a very technical answer but...

I had that happen once. Restarting my computer fixed it. Someone might come along with a better answer though.

Yamaneko
03-29-2005, 12:12 AM
Just shut down Firefox by CTRL+ALT+DEL next time. You can probably delete the profile you made by going to: C:\Documents and Settings\*name here*\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles and deleting the one you made.

MecaKane
03-29-2005, 12:13 AM
Yah, that happens.
If you open up two firefox windows right at the same time, with no other firefox windows open, that'll happen. With Mozilla, too.
I dunno why it happened for you, but restarting would fix it, also pressing ctrl+alt+delete and closing the firefox instances from there probably would.
Then, since you made a new profile, you'd probably have to select the default one again, and try to make it go back to picking that one by default again. Might not happen.

Xalioniaf
03-29-2005, 12:17 AM
I noticed that this used to happen for odd reasons before, but as of Cotober 2004, this hasen't happened.

TheAbominatrix
03-29-2005, 12:24 AM
I restarted already, so I'll check out the other options. Thanks guys :skull3:

edit: Yams baby, that did it. Remind me to send you a pie. Thanks you!