PDA

View Full Version : holy wars, heroes etc..

Kami
03-29-2005, 02:53 AM
where can i get them? and also... is there another way to get heros other than getting laguna's card?

Rinen
03-29-2005, 04:04 AM
If I remember correctly, you can Complete the CC Group sidequest before disc 4. Then get the Ragnorok, around the ship, there should be some CC members around (The Queen of Cards can be found with the Ragnorok). You can mod them into whatever, and play them to hopefully get your card back so you can do the same thing over and over. But it's been a long time since I've played FFVIII, so I'm not sure if this will completely work.

Anyways, other than refining the Laguna card, you can mug a Hero off of Seifer in Disc 2 when he's guarding Edea.

Holy Wars - Refine the Gilgamesh card.

Ultima Shadow
03-29-2005, 08:56 AM
Bah, why do you want them anyways? :greenie:

rubah
03-30-2005, 02:27 AM
You can find some trials in angelo search, then refine them up I think (or maybe the real thing)

lionhearted
03-30-2005, 10:13 AM
If you are truly dedicated (or have a he** of a lot of time on your hands) you can try this.

For this you must have : Siren, Doomtrain, and Alexander and have learned Tool-RF, Forbid Med-RF, and Med LV Up repectively. Using Bahamut and Diablos' Mug ability will come in handy, so will any GF with Initiative - Pandemona/Catuar/Tonberry.

Once you have learned these abilities, you must find an area abundant with Tri-Faces (I recommend the area under the Deep Sea Research Facility after defeating Bahamut and on the way to Ultima Weapon). You should ideally be above Level 35 to reap full benefits. Have Quistis in your party and make sure that she has learned Degenerator, also keep her on low health and junction Initiative to her Party Abilities, so she can instantly kill the Tri-faces you encounter. If for some reason Quistis is knocked out, use your other party members to Mug the Tri-face and kill it (killing is optional - you can run). By doing so, you should receive a few Curse Spikes. this should be repeated until you have a few hundred Curse Spikes.

Now for the modding: Once you have 100 Curse Spikes, use Tool-RF to change that into 1 Dark Matter, then again use that to refine it again into 1 Shaman Stone.

Once you have 10 Shaman Stones, use Forbid Med-RF to refine these into 1 Hero-trial.

Then use Med LV Up to change 10 Hero-trials into 1 Hero. Once you have 10 Heros, you can use this to refine into 1 Holy War-trial. And once you finally have 10 Holy War-trials, you can refine this into 1 Holy War!!!

So...
100 Curse Spikes 1 Dark Matter
1 Dark Matter 1 Shaman Stone
10 Shaman Stones 1 Hero-trial
10 Hero-trials 1 Hero
10 Heros 1 Holy War-trial
10 Holy War-trials 1 Holy War

Therefore, if you want to refine 100 Holy Wars, you must first aqcuire 100, 000, 000 Curse Spikes. Enjoy!

disapointedchild
03-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Squall card or lagunas refines into 100 hereos, then refine that to a holy war.

Bah, why do you want them anyways?
Really.

crazybayman
03-30-2005, 05:05 PM
If you are truly dedicated (or have a he** of a lot of time on your hands) you can try this.

For this you must have : Siren, Doomtrain, and Alexander and have learned Tool-RF, Forbid Med-RF, and Med LV Up repectively. Using Bahamut and Diablos' Mug ability will come in handy, so will any GF with Initiative - Pandemona/Catuar/Tonberry.

Once you have learned these abilities, you must find an area abundant with Tri-Faces (I recommend the area under the Deep Sea Research Facility after defeating Bahamut and on the way to Ultima Weapon). You should ideally be above Level 35 to reap full benefits. Have Quistis in your party and make sure that she has learned Degenerator, also keep her on low health and junction Initiative to her Party Abilities, so she can instantly kill the Tri-faces you encounter. If for some reason Quistis is knocked out, use your other party members to Mug the Tri-face and kill it (killing is optional - you can run). By doing so, you should receive a few Curse Spikes. this should be repeated until you have a few hundred Curse Spikes.

Now for the modding: Once you have 100 Curse Spikes, use Tool-RF to change that into 1 Dark Matter, then again use that to refine it again into 1 Shaman Stone.

Once you have 10 Shaman Stones, use Forbid Med-RF to refine these into 1 Hero-trial.

Then use Med LV Up to change 10 Hero-trials into 1 Hero. Once you have 10 Heros, you can use this to refine into 1 Holy War-trial. And once you finally have 10 Holy War-trials, you can refine this into 1 Holy War!!!

So...
100 Curse Spikes 1 Dark Matter
1 Dark Matter 1 Shaman Stone
10 Shaman Stones 1 Hero-trial
10 Hero-trials 1 Hero
10 Heros 1 Holy War-trial
10 Holy War-trials 1 Holy War

Therefore, if you want to refine 100 Holy Wars, you must first aqcuire 100, 000, 000 Curse Spikes. Enjoy!

Wow. That would take a year.

lionhearted
03-30-2005, 08:06 PM
In reply to crazybayman, yes - it took the best part of a year to get it - and I ended up only using like 20 Holy Wars for both Omega and all the forms of Ultimecia/Griever.

I know you're thinking it was pointless, but at least I can say that I did it! :D

Kami
03-30-2005, 09:21 PM
Bah, why do you want them anyways? :greenie:
Just incase I'm at the verge of death when I encounter Ultimecia's final form. *shrugs* and I was curious.

Shalashaska
03-31-2005, 12:11 AM
I know you're thinking it was pointless, but at least I can say that I did it! :D

Extremely pointless considering you can acquire 100 Holy Wars easily through card modding as I pointed out in the other thread that you put this exact same reply in. :rolleyes2

lionhearted
03-31-2005, 10:51 AM
You may think that's better, but you're only taking advantage of a glitch in the gaming, whereas I am completing the game without taking advantage of that. Where's the fun in cheating yourself and the game? Not very fun if you cheat - no sense of accomplishment! :rolleyes2

Heath
03-31-2005, 11:04 AM
How is it a glitch in the game? It's a perfectly legitimate way of getting items...

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-31-2005, 11:17 AM
The programmers never intended you to actually use items. Potion-users are cheaters.

matt89
03-31-2005, 12:31 PM
I find using Rinoa's limit break easyer for casting invisable moon on the whole party. However it is random. Its quicker than getting heros and stuff and it doesn't feel like cheating.

Ultima Shadow
03-31-2005, 07:44 PM
You may think that's better, but you're only taking advantage of a glitch in the gaming, whereas I am completing the game without taking advantage of that. Where's the fun in cheating yourself and the game? Not very fun if you cheat - no sense of accomplishment! :rolleyes2
Actually... this is not true. Hero items are not glitches or true cheats. However... some people, like me, think that they are cheap and therefore refuses to use them as long as you don't put yourself at an extreme dissadvantage first. Hero items are just something that gives you an unfair advantage. But it's not as bad as using The End...

Shalashaska
03-31-2005, 08:10 PM
He's referring to the fact that you can mod rare cards and then win them back. And no it is not a glitch, it's just an infinately better/more efficient way of gaining rare items.

But hey, if you want to spend a year to get Holy Wars rather than 10 minutes so that you don't feel like you 'cheated' be my guest. Most of us, on the other hand, have a life to attend to. :rolleyes2