PDA

View Full Version : No one likes Amerent..

GibsonGoth131
03-29-2005, 10:05 PM
Grrrr... I mean I guess it might be cuz' no one likes FFIX, but no one likes Amerent! It's all about stupid Zidane! Even Eiko has more fans! Those of you who agree that Amarant is the best, but too underrated, please respond. And for those of you who dont like Amarant, please, tell me why!

Necronopticous
03-29-2005, 10:10 PM
I like Amarant. He's not my favorite, but I like him.

Rostum
03-29-2005, 10:11 PM
I liked Amarant. But the thing about him, is that there's no more to him that what you see in the game. He's just a thug with no real back story, I guess, and doesn't have much to say in the game. =\

I don't know what you have against Zidane either, he was pretty cool.

I liked all the characters in the game.

Necronopticous
03-29-2005, 10:19 PM
He's just a thug with no real back story
He's only arguably a thug, what we do find out about Amarant is actually quite comical and satisfying. Throughout the game we see wanted posters for him all over Treno and he is made out to be this ruthless badass, and then in one ATE you find out that it was really Zidane who broke the law in Treno and then managed to pin the crime on Amarant. This is most likely the reason that Amarant even takes Brahne's job to go after Zidane, and why he's so apathetic about the actual job rather than just settling the score with Zidane.

Itachi
03-29-2005, 10:40 PM
i like amarant i think hes pretty cool!!!!!! loox like a rocker in some sort of point like a manly lookin nikki fromchrono cross!

Necronopticous
03-29-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm not seeing it.

eestlinc
03-29-2005, 11:09 PM
I always name him Spuuky. He's cool.

Camanche
03-29-2005, 11:43 PM
Amarant happens to be my favourite character from IX.

boris no no
03-29-2005, 11:43 PM
akways prefered zidane.
sorry but i find amarant a bit dull.

Destai
03-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Hes boring and dull. Besides not even having backstory I think he looks stupid too.

Camanche
03-30-2005, 12:12 AM
I think his backstory had a whole lot of potential that Square didn't do anything with, but I never found him dull. Strangely, I found most of the other characters in the game to be rather dull. Well, other than Vivi. :p

Zerlina
03-30-2005, 01:46 AM
I always name him Spuuky. He's cool.

My friend once named him "Gay" that was an odd game...

There's a lot of Zidane bashing going on! He's cool. People just don't like him because he's the main character :)

Amarant's cool but you don't learn much about him. I think he's just there to satisfy the balance of the party (battle wise- 4 mages, 4 physical fighters)

LifeAsABullet
03-30-2005, 02:28 AM
Final Fantasy IX to my opinion is one of the best looking games in the collection for it's time! I don't know why this game is underrated, I mean sure VII and VIII are major hits but jeesh, it is kind of upsetting. I think Amarant
was a goofy looking character, but I must admitt I like the Chakra's! :D

GibsonGoth131
03-30-2005, 03:21 AM
There's a lot of Zidane bashing going on! He's cool. People just don't like him because he's the main character

I have nothing against main characters. FFIV (or FFII) Cecil was my fave. In FFVII Cloud is tied with Vincent.. I could never decide who was my favorite... FFVIII Squall was my favorite.. But Zidane just didn't fit what I like about characters. I always found him annoying, and too full of himself. I admit i liked him more during the last disc when he wasn't always running around like an idiot. Also, I agree what's known about Amerent is boring, but that's the thing, only a few things are known! Since square said the FFVII compilations are just the begining, I'm guessing they'll move onto FFVIII and FFIX, hopefuly the earlier ones, even though they weren't as popular in the US (althoug they should be), I'm also hoping for a new Chrono game... but anyways, I hope they'll add to Amerents story as they continue there compilations..

blumoon1216
03-30-2005, 03:32 AM
I agree, people should really like Amarant more. I like Vivi a lot too.

Zerlina
03-30-2005, 03:37 AM
Everyone likes Vivi a lot

In response to the annoyingness of Zidane...
Does anyone find his annoyingness is a lot like Romeo's annoyingness in Shakespeare's R&J?

Actually when we were listening to a radio play, the guy playing Romeo was so annoying that when he died our whole class clapped and cheered.

But I still love Zidane! ;)

BackRoomKid
03-31-2005, 10:26 PM
amarent...eh, he's ok

reason i prefer zidane is just because he's funny...lol...freakin' perv

Sepho
03-31-2005, 10:37 PM
I like me a redhead. Uh huh.

Destination0
04-01-2005, 01:03 AM
Amarant is awesome

Gwelenguchenkus
04-01-2005, 02:40 AM
It's all about gay ol' short Zidane!

What the hell is with all of the homophobia? I'm getting really sick and tired of people using gay as a description for everything you don't like. It pisses me off. I'll forgive you for now.

Anyway, Amarant is probably one of my favorite characters. He has some very unique abilities, and can be an invaluable healer while tranced using chakra, he can restore people's MP effortlessly, however it does only recover in small amounts. You can put him in the abck row, and throw pinwheels, rising suns, and the like, which deals a lot of damage, plus he doesn't get hurt himself. He is one of the only characters with Return Magic. He is a fun character to use.

Sepho
04-01-2005, 02:50 AM
What the hell is with all of the homophobia? I'm getting really sick and tired of people using gay as a description for everything you don't like.

Word.

eestlinc
04-01-2005, 03:02 AM
Yes, please try not to use "gay" as a pejorative term.

Amarant has some cool skills, and if you do the chocographs early on in the game he can wail on people with the kaiser knuckle.

Zerlina
04-01-2005, 03:06 AM
Was I the only one who read that and thought they were saying that Zidane was homosexual?

Crossblades
04-01-2005, 03:11 AM
Amarant equals awesome. Who else is a Monk/Ninja?

eestlinc
04-01-2005, 03:22 AM
Amarant equals awesome. Who else is a Monk/Ninja?

anyone you want in tactics, or ff5! It is a good combination too, as long as you don't mind the bad defense.

K-chan
04-01-2005, 05:23 PM
What the hell is with all of the homophobia? I'm getting really sick and tired of people using gay as a description for everything you don't like. It pisses me off. I was waiting for someone to say that! :p

Anyways, I didn't like Amarant because he really didn't have much dialogue in the game, and when he did it was all moody.

Itachi
04-01-2005, 09:36 PM
...did anyone notice that zidane and dagger remind me of alladin and jasmin.......amerant would be carpet! lol

Levian
04-01-2005, 09:59 PM
The only good thing about him is that if you call him "love rod" or something slightly more erotic, he'll say that some people calls him "The flaming love rod". That's good enough reason to like him imho. :roll:

...did anyone notice that zidane and dagger remind me of alladin and jasmin.......amerant would be carpet! lol

At first I thought "Wtf are you on? They don't look alike at all" but then I started thinking, and you're right, they are much alike. Aladdin is the poor thief who's in love with a princess and Garnet is that princess. And Brahne is the king. Well, she's not so feminine, so that makes sense too. This would make Kuja to be Jafar though, but he's not a crossdresser, but the game was made in Japan, so you know. :rolleyes2

Crossblades
04-02-2005, 05:40 AM
anyone you want in tactics, or ff5! It is a good combination too, as long as you don't mind the bad defense.

Yeah, but I meant actual characters in the FF Universe

nik0tine
04-02-2005, 05:55 AM
If you name Amarant 'Homosexual', he says "I am the flaming homosexual".

kawaiileena
04-02-2005, 06:12 AM
Actually, Amarant's okay, a good fighter with unique skills like THROW and can be a backup for some people, but not my favorite.

Well, if you want to know why, here's one of my reasons:
1. He's just plain and dull, and I hate his sarcastic remarks...
2. Sometimes, he's just useless.
3. I hate it when he wanted to be better than Zidane...

PS: PLEASE, TO ALL AMARANT FANS, NO OFFENSE. THIS IS JUST MY OPINION...

But here's one of my good points about him:
1. Cool unique skills like Throw
2. Great fighter
3. Can become handy at times

Well ,that's all., but as I say, Amarant's okay, but not my favorite. :) :) :)

rubah
04-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Chakra and whatever that other cool ability earned Amarant a spot in my final party, or at least through the dungeon. Something like that.

His was probably the most useful limit anyways. And he's sorta cool looking.

Master.Pug
04-02-2005, 08:29 AM
hm... who's Amarant?? the whole story floats somewhere behind his neck^^

Its not that I don't like him, but the other characters are much more suitable!

Vivi rocks

Slade
04-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Personally i thought Amarant was one of the best and most usefull characters on IX. Hes probably my third fav character after Zidane and Freya and i used him (those 2 and Garnet) to kill Ozma where as i couldnt even get close to even touching Ozma on my Vivi game.

Nod
04-02-2005, 11:49 AM
The only good thing about him is that if you call him "love rod" or something slightly more erotic, he'll say that some people calls him "The flaming love rod". That's good enough reason to like him imho. :roll:

:lol: :lol:

Amarant was kinda pathetic. if you named him sambuca, he'd say people call him 'the flaming sambuca'- a very tasty beverage! :roll: :D

Ouch!
04-02-2005, 09:39 PM
If you name Amarant 'Homosexual', he says "I am the flaming homosexual".
I remember a thread a long time ago where people were talking about naming characters funny things, like naming Aerith "My Balls" so that when Cloud goes on his spiel after she dies it's quite humorous. My favorite for Amarant was Asshole. "I am the flaming Asshole!"

Amarant was okay. I used him in my party for a while, sticking him with the healer ability so I used his attacks to heal my party while using No Mercy to deal damage. His backstory was lacking, but as others have said he had potential. Mostly he was two dimensional and rather boring.

Vaprice
04-02-2005, 10:06 PM
Ah okay so really I like this guy. He was fun. we laughed we cried. He threw stuff at me, and it hurt XD

:love: :love: :love: But I love him none the less....his big bushy hair......*sigh*

Del Murder
04-03-2005, 03:26 AM
I love Aramant. His abilities are pretty useful, and he has good strength.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-03-2005, 03:29 AM
Salamander is one of the best characters in the game. He's right up there with Freya and Blank.

Itsunari 2000
04-16-2005, 03:43 PM
Firstly, enough of all this homosexual innuendo.(I'm not feeling too forgiving of homophobes right now after reading about that SOB tyrant Mugabe's anti-gay terror campaign... grrr .... )

Amarant's great.He's a well-rounded, reliable fighter and his Monk and Throw abilities are just so kick-ass.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-16-2005, 04:18 PM
And he's a great representation of gay people in the series.

starlet
04-16-2005, 05:07 PM
armarant was ok...i liked to name him 'sqirts' so he'd call himself 'flaming squirts'. sounds like what I get after eating spicey thai food. :tongue:

Zante
04-16-2005, 08:16 PM
I liked Amarant, although I think they only put him there because the group was missing the "misterious stranger".

Levian
04-17-2005, 12:16 AM
His hair makes me want to eat spaghetti with tomato sauce.

thomasmeans
05-16-2005, 12:59 PM
Grrrr... I mean I guess it might be cuz' no one likes FFIX, but no one likes Amerent! It's all about stupid Zidane! Even Eiko has more fans! Those of you who agree that Amarant is the best, but too underrated, please respond. And for those of you who dont like Amarant, please, tell me why!

I LOVE Amarant. He's the coolest of all. much better than the others.
Well, his weapon is really cool. but I'd have to say that Zidane's "spinning sword" is pretty neat.

I guess I like Amarant cause I'm alot like him

And for those who doesen't like Amarant......screw u!! He's the best

DMKA
05-16-2005, 04:10 PM
He was my favorite character in FFIX, mainly because he was the only sexy person...well aside of Beatrix. :D

Buccura
05-17-2005, 05:49 AM
Though he wasn't a main party member, I still like him. I like the way they made his so hunched over and big fists, adds to the weird character designs of IX well =3.

Godzilla3001
06-04-2005, 07:07 PM
i never used to like amarant. dunno why, i just made a dream team early on and stuck to it. but now im making a new one with amarant.

old one = zidane, freya, steiner, quina
new one = same but with amarant not quina

this i like because although im losing quinas white wind, i get amarants aura and the rest of his great abilites! hehehe

Compactfury
06-25-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey i have always been wondering how do you make the signatures with your name in them and stuff i tried in paint but paints gay...

OwneD
06-25-2005, 05:16 PM
Amarant is ok

thinking of names is hard
06-26-2005, 10:33 AM
Amarent was the strongest in my party (apart from Zidane) so yeah-i liked him.

BabyVixen
06-26-2005, 08:34 PM
Amarant was too cold for my liking but I thought he's and Eiko's relationship was cute. I haven't finished the game yet so I don't know what happens but the mean old man and fiesty little girl thing is so cute!!!!