PDA

View Full Version : This is How it Hurts

Chemical
03-29-2005, 10:43 PM
Communication and Oppinions are important assets when it comes to bettering a community. Whether it be a national community, an international community, a provincial community, a common interest community or even an internet community.

When the members of these communities become upset, however, they can be prone to protesting, rioting, slander, adressing issues with a sense of frustration on Radios, Television... etc.

Perhaps a lot of the leaders are unwilling to deal with the agression that these members are putting forth. But are these leaders taking into consideration that the anger and agression is not without reason? That the agression and anger is in response to movements the government and leaders have made in order to silence democratic involvement of members.

Furthermore, is it unlikely that members of a community will express their oppinions and views with anger? Considering that perhaps they have felt violated, I don't think that anger is unlikely. In fact I believe that anger is important in demonstrating the passion one has for the issues.

Of course there are individuals who will become agressive over anything, I do not think that the words of the angered individuals should be taken with a grain of salt. These words are important and express a strong criticism against dominating and controlling powers. Perhaps angered comments seem too excessive to handle to the leaders, and so instead of confronting the issues and taking responsibility for actions the leaders push the angered comments aside...

Negative criticism is important though. I urge all people, on a personal level and on a communal level to listen to eachothers angered complaints. These voices are essential in molding a community... because more often or not these voices are bold and daring and bring up issues and ideas in a shocking manner that forces people to re-evaluate the situation.

So please...

Don't shut up or shut out the valid oppinions or observations of others. And don't allow others to shut out your values. You and We have a right to be heard by our "superiors" and our "superiors" have the responsibilty of confronting criticism.

However, keep in mind that just because you have the opportunity to voice your oppinion does not mean that you should do so irresponsibly. As much as you have the right to speak your mind you have the responsibility of being clear and educated upon the topic that you speak of.

The Captain
03-29-2005, 10:44 PM
Well stated.

Take care all.

udsuna
03-29-2005, 11:42 PM
What do you want to bet that this one will be closed, too? But you're absolutely right, everyone has a voice that should be heard. Or maybe, I'm just biased, as I'm an American... and we are like rabid wolves when it comes to our free speech being threatened.

Raistlin
03-29-2005, 11:57 PM
I absolutely love everything you just said. :love:

Rye
03-30-2005, 12:00 AM
So very true.

Necronopticous
03-30-2005, 12:03 AM
Wait, this thread isn't closed yet?

strawberryman
03-30-2005, 12:10 AM
I, of course, agree.

edczxcvbnm
03-30-2005, 12:21 AM
+1 :D

No seriously. I agree to an extent. There is just a lack of communication on both sides. Can't have communication unless the playing field is open. If you don't know how a process works on one side or how they came to a decision then it is just shooting in the dark and both sides lose. With out open information it is just a flame war. Whether it be a government, message board, school board, company policy.

Chemical
03-30-2005, 12:50 AM
No, This topic hasn't been closed yet. I believe this is because I'm not demonstrating against the forums, I'm not critiquing their specific movements.

Instead, I'm offering an evaluation for the nations as a whole. Our governments and institutions. Instead of zooming in on trivial issues I would like to encourage the forum members to speak with eachother their feelings on these topics that I bring up without designating them to specific people or establishments.

So to continue, a good point has been brought up.

What about the the public? Is the public taking account for their actions? Have the public been considerate of the dominating forces? Of course we demand change, of course we want everything to be perfect... Why should the powers in control want any different? It only makes life more difficult for them when things are not perfect.

Should we as humanitarians and active members be considering the people we yell at? As I've mentioned anger is inevitable... but only on the public's side.

A politician, a member of a civic unit can not express anger without it demonstrating a quality of weakness. Members of the ruling class who appear weak, angered, tempremental are not seen as ideal "rulers." Perhaps we as civilians have exhaulted the ruling class high enough as to be Gods, capable of satisfying everyone's needs and doing so with a bright white smile on as well.

I think edczxcvbnm has brought more thought to the table for us to digest. Thank you for your contribution to mental stimulation and civil communication. You are an asset. :P

Raistlin
03-30-2005, 01:46 AM
I agree. And to be considerate of each other, there has to be a mutual respect.

Mr. Graves
03-30-2005, 04:03 AM
Shutting out the very people who make a community of any kind, either over the internet or in an offline segregation of people, is never, ever a good idea. I personally believe that as long as we have a mouth to speak with (or hands to type with?), we should have a right to free speech by default. Although you're right: using your mouth or hands responsably should be a prerequisite to having your ideas/opinion considers. Communication skills work wonders a lot of the time.

Now I know that can be hard having your opinion really heard in a big community such as a state, or even an entire country, but that shouldn't have any bearing on anyone's right to speak up and say whatever they think should be said. It's just not right. Unless it's universally seen as a bad idea. Then the person speaking should just shut up.

edczxcvbnm
03-30-2005, 04:12 AM
Then the person speaking should just shut up.

Nah. Let them talk. As long as no one pays attetions or replys to them then it will eventually just go away.

Chemical
03-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Then the person speaking should just shut up.

I like that.

Maybe we should all just shut up once and a while and listen to others, maybe we can re-analyze situations if we give other people time to talk and ourselves time to listen to reflect and identify ourselves with what the -real- issues are... and not get tangled up in the act of speaking freely.

Raistlin
03-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Exactly, which is why I encourage everyone to talk to the admins. I talked to Roogle for a bloody long time yesterday, and I came away with a clearer understanding of what happened. I still adamantly disagree, but at least there's some other reasoning to it.