PDA

View Full Version : avoiding the issue?

Clouded Sky
03-30-2005, 03:09 AM
I really liked the feedback forum, and I thought it had a lot to say. Now after reading the post about it with a poll I'm really disturbed. It was closed by someone in power who was sick of it. They said that the majority says getting rid of feedback was a good idea, yet the poll said that 14 people said it was a bad idea. the most any other option had was 4. I mean really? What is EoFF becoming when the powerful ones believe only in their opinions and destroy those that voice against it (yes, i'm postive this thread will be closed). I always felt a sense of comradery around here but now it feels like EoFF is being torn apart.

I just thought I'd voice my opinion on the issue here because all other threads about this have already been closed.

Raistlin
03-30-2005, 03:13 AM
*shrugs* I agree. I've been arguing with various admins for most of the day now. I figured discussing it with them individually would be more help than posting in another thread that would just get closed. xD

Roogle
03-30-2005, 03:17 AM
I like how the real feedback comes when the forum members were supposed to give feedback in is now gone.

Shlup
03-30-2005, 03:19 AM
Your post, clouded sky, implies that the person who closed Feedback was the one who made the comment about many members agreeing. I'm the one who made the comment, but I'm not the one who closed Feedback. Seems like a lot of people choose to believe I'm acting on my own. I'm not, okay? I'm not just doing what I want to do no matter what everyone says.

No, not everyone agrees, but no one's ever going to agree.

Go blame Roogle for awhile. He's more fun to yell at.

Raistlin
03-30-2005, 03:22 AM
I know you didn't act on your own, Shluppers. I, personally, never said you did. :p

And I noticed that some of the members from Proto's thread who originally agreed with the Feedback deletion now disagree.

Del Murder
03-30-2005, 03:22 AM
I for one hear your voice and respect your opinion, clouded sky. I'm working on the others.

Shlup
03-30-2005, 03:24 AM
Roogle closed this thread for a reason. Same reason he closed Feedback. Keep your feedback in PMs. Everyone want to PM every staff member? That's fine. I can take it.

Del Murder
03-30-2005, 03:26 AM
Some people might be to shy to take it to pms.

Shlup
03-30-2005, 03:28 AM
There's no reason they should be. And, if they are, they must not have a strong enough opinion for it to be worth the effort.

Del Murder
03-30-2005, 03:29 AM
I've found that the meek are the ones capable of the greatest things.

Shlup
03-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Then it would be great if they were capable of typing out a PM.

Del Murder
03-30-2005, 03:36 AM
I don't think it's that as much as it is the fear of going in to the boss's office to make a suggestion. You'd much rather use the box (or bring it up in a meeting).

Roogle
03-30-2005, 03:44 AM
I never closed this topic, but I do think that feedback is an important part of member interaction! Please direct your feedback to the chatroom or to an administrator by any means possible, like sending an IM or a private message. If you want to contact me, I think you should send an IM rather than a private message on the forums.

Del Murder
03-30-2005, 03:58 AM
Let's please stop posting in closed threads. I still think there should be one thread open on the matter. (the first one)