PDA

View Full Version : Feedback ^^

Jojee
03-30-2005, 04:37 AM
The thread seems to be gone, right after I typed out my response. Let me paste. I'll PM you all individually too, if you want, but I think the members should see it as well :)

"PMing can be a pretty unnerving task, if you don't know the people you are PMing personally. As a newbie of a forum, I would not want to PM a prominent admin (especially if they seem a bit cranky at times) to give input on how the forums should be run. In such a big forum as this, I may not even dare to think that my opinion mattered (whether it does or not).

With a feedback forum, first of all, there is already a set place where people can give suggestions. Having a dedicated forum to feedback would actually encourage members to give their input. It would indicate to them that their opinion does matter. It's easier to give a suggestion in a forum where you see what input there is on it, instead of having the staff (or one staff member) discuss this in a secret forum.

Also, have you, the staff, come to a conclusion that EVERY member suggestion should be put into staff? If [whoever started the thread] PMed ShlupQuack (not singling, just first admin that came to mind) with "Can we have a T-rex smiley ^__^ *insert Linus gif*" would she deem the suggestion as stupid and irrelevant, and fail to post it in the staff forum? I agree that the T-rex smiley is pretty trivial, so that may not be a good example, but to some people it may not be. I've seen that the staff and members do not agree on which issues seem trivial and which do not; from this thread, some think that taking away the feedback forum is a trivial matter; others do not.

Not to mention that even if all member feedback IS posted in the staff forum, you don't get to see the MEMBER input on the situation, only the staff input. I don't know how much member feedback is actually valued, but if it isn't, I think it should be. :)

And April Fools jokes should be done on April Fools, dammit xD"

Shlup
03-30-2005, 04:38 AM
Reading things in General Chat hurt my eyes now.

Del Murder
03-30-2005, 04:39 AM
Then maybe you should go to bed. Just let the people talk!

Shlup
03-30-2005, 04:42 AM
I left her post here! I had to delete the other one so you and Yams would leave it alone, so now it's gone.

Del Murder
03-30-2005, 04:43 AM
Sorry, I brought it back. We can just leave it closed then, I promise not to mess with it anymore.

Shlup
03-30-2005, 04:46 AM
Too late. I saw it was open again so I perma-deleted it.