PDA

View Full Version : Hack//INFECTOIN part 1

youk
03-30-2005, 05:20 PM
does any one know Hack//INFECTOIN part 1
i think it's a pretty cool rpg

Craig
03-30-2005, 05:24 PM
I'm thinking of buying it, and the other 3 in the series.

Destai
03-30-2005, 05:30 PM
Passed em all and love em all. I really hate bandai for what little work they did with them. Someone like Square-enix could have done so much with those games.

Sepho
03-30-2005, 06:43 PM
I borrowed and played Infection and was looking forward to playing the other three, but lack of sufficient funds has kept me from doing so. One of these days I hope to grab up all four off of Ebay or something, because I really enjoyed Infection.

I don't even care of nothing changes between the games; I'd play them just for the continuation of the story.

Destai
03-30-2005, 09:31 PM
I didnt mind much myself but I felt if square-enix had done them more people would appreaciate the great characters and brilliant and unique storyline.

kikimm
03-30-2005, 11:20 PM
I have the first one, but I've only played ofr an hour or so, but it froze. *sigh* That's what I get for buying used games, though. From what I played, thuogh, I don't think I made a bad purchase. Except that Black Rose's voice is....beyond horrible. In English, at least.

I'll definitley buy the other three though, if ONLY for Liminality---that was some real good shiz.

:D

Xalioniaf
03-30-2005, 11:24 PM
I beat the first one, but for some reason all of the other versions except 4 are extinct. Does anyone live in south texas with Mutation?

Ryth
03-30-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm in Mutation but I'm not in Texas. I'm stuck in a way I need Virus Core F's to get to the Net Slums who do I have to drain?

Xalioniaf
03-30-2005, 11:43 PM
You weren't given a mission? I think if you select the 2nd or 3rd option in the warp gate, you can see warps to mission locations. Ones that you haven't completed are in white. This may be common knowledge, but I figured this out right when I went to Chosen Hopeless Nothingness in Infection.

Spammerman
03-31-2005, 12:09 AM
ive played all of them except 4

Destai
03-31-2005, 12:14 AM
I'm in Mutation but I'm not in Texas. I'm stuck in a way I need Virus Core F's to get to the Net Slums who do I have to drain?I think you have to data drain larger monsters in the carmina gadelica server. Im more then sure but Helba mentions it to you in an email if you want to be definite.

edczxcvbnm
03-31-2005, 01:40 AM
I have played and beaten them all. I agree a better job could have been done but I was very statified with the expansive and never ending world they created. Just imagine how long it would take for someone to go through all the possible area combinations in the final game. It has a unique system that is a lot of fun to play around with to see what you get.

If you are having trouble then www.gamefaqs.com

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-31-2005, 07:42 AM
I've beaten Mutation. The Virus Core hunting is tedious at best, but it's generally a pretty good game. Really easy to level up in though.

strawberryman
03-31-2005, 07:47 AM
I've beaten Mutation. The Virus Core hunting is tedious at best, but it's generally a pretty good game. Really easy to level up in though.
Almost exactly what I was about to say. I WAS leveling up until I was going to get the next game, and since I have yet to get it i'm now maxed out. :D

Heath
03-31-2005, 09:56 AM
It's interesting, but very tedious, I found. The whole concept for the game is pretty cool, and was executed well, but overall I found it to be repetitive with the battles and so on. I probably need to give it a better chance sometime.

ughhis
04-01-2005, 03:15 PM
I liked the intro in German and some of the music. The rest of the game was, to me, really bad. And the anime was laughable. :fpcow:

Orcan Fang
04-01-2005, 04:05 PM
I only like the grunties . I made one turn into a gentleman lots of times , but I usually only watch the movies that come with each game . By the way , has any one seen the fullseries of ".Hack : Legend of the Twilight Bracelet " ? I like it alot so far .

Dreddz
04-01-2005, 04:07 PM
Passed them all due to them looking so ugly. Seen many bad reviews and already have alot of games to save up for

youk
04-01-2005, 04:26 PM
I liked the intro in German and some of the music. The rest of the game was, to me, really bad. And the anime was laughable. :fpcow:

the intro in german was anoing cause i hate german langeu's
the music is funny and the rest of the game is really cool but i just got it a day or 3 :p

the caracther's that you can get in you're are pretty cool:p
when you play the game it kinnda gives me a anime rpg feeling
am i the only one with that feeling? :confused:

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Legend of the Twilight (the anime) was a freakin' abomination. As I understand it they totally screwed the story from the manga, which is quite good. I saw the first one and it wasn't too appealing, just kinda annoying, so I didn't get into it. Also, Sanjuro isn't even supposed to be a major party member in it. Just read the manga, its cheaper and much better.

I like the Legend of Kite from the .Hack series, so I found it interesting, and I also really liked .Hack//Sign, although I can see how many would dislike it since its mainly focused on character development.

Heath
04-01-2005, 05:03 PM
I've been wanting to read the manga of it for a while now, as I've heard nothing but good things about it from friends, despite the fact I'm not a huge reader of manga (I own one volume of Demon Diary and the first volume of Misao Inagaki's 'The Ring' manga which I enjoyed very much. Also the first two volumes of Megatokyo if you count those).

K-chan
04-01-2005, 05:05 PM
Better than no character development though! :) I thought the games were pretty good, but I have yet to see the anime. The only thing about the games is you actually have to train up or else you'll get your butt handed to you.

edczxcvbnm
04-01-2005, 05:22 PM
Legend of the Twilight (the anime) was a freakin' abomination. As I understand it they totally screwed the story from the manga, which is quite good. I saw the first one and it wasn't too appealing, just kinda annoying, so I didn't get into it. Also, Sanjuro isn't even supposed to be a major party member in it. Just read the manga, its cheaper and much better.

Damn right. The one things the manga did is remember not to be serious. There are moments but over all it was about having fun in the world and not being too serious and just to have an awesome adventure. The manga was funny.

Xalioniaf
04-02-2005, 05:54 PM
I liked Legend of the Twilight. I haven't been able to find the manga, but the anime holds me down. I hated the ending, though. All that, just to...*ahem*.Just so they can, in all probability, die off. Ha, ha.

edczxcvbnm
04-02-2005, 05:57 PM
The WHOLE story takes a different direction after episode 4 in the anime. They are completely different stories.

Destai
04-02-2005, 06:07 PM
The WHOLE story takes a different direction after episode 4 in the anime. They are completely different stories.The point of the anime was to explain what the game didnt which was mainly who exactly the bad guy was. Im talking about Sign, not dusk. I thought sign was really great but I understood why people thought it was slow. So many unnecessary episodes. But fanboys like me cant complain :skull3:

Craig
04-02-2005, 06:30 PM
I bought Infection today, I'm liking it so far.

Destai
04-02-2005, 07:14 PM
http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q2-2005/040105c.html
http://www.rpgamer.com/games/hack/hack5/hack5art.html
This is based on the japanese manga of the games through blackroses view. It was shown on april fools day but yes its real.

ughhis
04-02-2005, 07:52 PM
http://www.rpgamer.com/event/af-2005/af2005.html
:nibbles:

Destai
04-02-2005, 07:54 PM
:crying: The bastards...
I still dont understand where the screenshots came from. None of them were in the original 4 games.

cloud20747
04-03-2005, 03:25 AM
I borrowed and played Infection and was looking forward to playing the other three, but lack of sufficient funds has kept me from doing so. One of these days I hope to grab up all four off of Ebay or something, because I really enjoyed Infection.

I don't even care of nothing changes between the games; I'd play them just for the continuation of the story.

Yeah me too!

Xalioniaf
04-03-2005, 06:38 AM
You know, if it were real, Another Birth would have been kind of interesting. Just like the Zelda fools in EGM. They always are too good to be true. Anyway, I'm gonna look for a translated version of Another Birth manga. ONLINE!

Anyway, I liked //SIGN. I have the first two DVDs, and am looking for the next ones. Well, I know where they are, but I need the muneys.