PDA

View Full Version : MSN noises!

Tokki Wartooth
03-30-2005, 09:46 PM
My MSN doesn't make noises when people message me/come online anymore. How can I make it make noises again?

Before you ask, there is nothing wrong with my sound system, every other noise on my computer works fine. I also have "play a sound when contacts sign in or send a message" turned on, so that's not it either.

eestlinc
03-30-2005, 10:05 PM
rebooting will probably fix it. something probably didn't get re-initialized.

Tokki Wartooth
03-30-2005, 10:09 PM
It's been doing this for a week, I've just been too busy or too not home to post for help. :(

eestlinc
03-30-2005, 10:18 PM
well, did you check the full volume control panel? there are various sound sources and whichever one MSN uses might have gotten accidentally muted.

VoodooChild
03-30-2005, 10:28 PM
Heartshot, mine is doing exactly the same thing, and has been for a while...very annoying!

Xander
03-30-2005, 10:38 PM
Same happened to me, I tried everything and nothing worked, I even reinstalled MSN I think. So yeah, it's a mystery.

kikimm
03-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Needless to say, it's the same with mine. It doesn't bother me so much, though, because it was kind of annoying...but I'd like to have it back. When I'm not in the same room as my computer, I don't know what's going on now. Oh well. Maybe it's only a temporary thing? Or maybe people complained? I don't know.

:D

Tokki Wartooth
03-30-2005, 11:26 PM
Well if it's happening to everybody I guess I feelt a bit better. I was only worried because when I'm in my room but not at my computer I don't know when people are messaging me and I think they think I'm mean that I take so long to reply. But they must understand if they are getting no sounds either!

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-11-2005, 03:49 AM
I think if nobody here has a solution to this, then heartshot you should contact MSN via e-mail and ask them what's up.

Tokki Wartooth
04-11-2005, 03:55 AM
Well, I reinstalled (updated to 7.0 actually) and now the sounds are back. It's strange though, because my roommate had 7.0 before I did and her sounds still don't work. I guess all that's needed is to reinstall it.

rubah
04-11-2005, 04:10 AM
You might have checked the sounds scheme.

Everytime I install msn I have to change the sound scheme 'cause I can't stand the msn sounds and have to have the windows messanger ones:P