PDA

View Full Version : Best Blitz Player? Who and why?

SeiferAlmasy
03-30-2005, 10:31 PM
Who do you think is the best all out player in the game, be it keeper or Forward?

CaptRory
03-30-2005, 10:55 PM
In my opinion, Tidus. Ridiculously high shooting and special shots allow him to score despite being surrounded. Combine with Slip Tackle and you have a shooting machine.

SeiferAlmasy
03-30-2005, 11:27 PM
Yes i would have to agree, Tidus is just a majour asset in blitz right form the start with the Jecht shot and a high EN and SH.

EDIT: What about the Blappa, what are the views on him, hes got great SH and great Techs such as invisible shot.

Cuchulainn
03-31-2005, 12:50 AM
Tidus is mediocre when you play to High Levels. Best Keeper is Nimrook, best defender is Ropp, best midfielder is Brother & best forward, better than Tightass is Larbeight. This is fact, not opinion, I maxed everyone out & seen the end results & they came out top.

Yes i would have to agree, Tidus is just a majour asset in blitz right form the start with the Jecht shot and a high EN and SH.

EDIT: What about the Blappa, what are the views on him, hes got great SH and great Techs such as invisible shot.

Blappa is an excellent asset...if you can get him, from levels 1-50, after that he gets somewhat shadowed by Larbeight & as you HAVE to have Tidus in ur team, 3 forwards is superflous, better to have 2 Midfielders so brother doesnt steal all you EXP.

Masamune·1600
03-31-2005, 12:57 AM
Tidus does have the advantage that Jecht Shot 2, in essence, cannot miss.

True, if you're attempting to reach really high scores, the animation can slow you down. However, if you've reached that point, Tidus essentially serves as well in a purely scoring role as does any player.

TurkSlayer
03-31-2005, 02:02 AM
Tidus, Brother, Ropp for defender, and that guy in Luca (forgot the name) for goalie. BTW, appearently Brother is the best over all. One of the designers said on Cheat that Brother is the best over all character in Blitzball.

Dragoon Kain
03-31-2005, 02:15 AM
best shooter is keepa. 99 shot at level 99. tho he doesnt have any techs and hes kinda slow.

rubah
04-01-2005, 02:14 AM
Baring in mind that I disregard all blantantly femimine aspects he may have in x-2, I believe shuu to be the cutest and therefore best blitz player:DDDD

tidus is also moderately useful.

BUTNOTASCOOLASSHUU.

crazybayman
04-01-2005, 03:28 PM
I'd say Brother is the best all 'round player. He's unstoppable, and can go through almost anybody with his high EN. He can therefore get breakaways or easy shots, or draw all defenders to him and set someone else up all alone in front for an easy shot.

TheSpoonyBard
04-01-2005, 08:07 PM
Based purely on stats at Lv 99 and not in any particular order

Best Forwards:
Larbeight
Isken
Vilucha
Keepa (to some extent)
Linna

Best Midfielders:
Mifurey
Kiyuri
Vuroja
Linna

Best Defenders:
Ropp
Kulukan
Nav Guado

Best Goalkeepers:
Nimrook
Wedge
Nizarut

And now for a slighty off-topic observation. Has anyone noticed how almost everyone in Besaid has the same name formula of 1-2-3-3-4? Look how the names are formed in the examples below

Wakka
Datto
Letty
Jassu
Botta
Gatta
Luzzu

Any ideas why they decided to form the names like this?

Perducci
04-02-2005, 12:56 AM
I'd say Brother is the best all 'round player. He's unstoppable, and can go through almost anybody with his high EN. He can therefore get breakaways or easy shots, or draw all defenders to him and set someone else up all alone in front for an easy shot.

I agree. Brother is a great player to have in your team.
But I kinda like Wakka, too. He may not be THE best player... I just find it funny how he says he's gonna quit Blitzball, but you can still recruit him later on...

At least, I think he says that. Probably not, the only time I really played FFX was to play BlitzBall. So I wouldn't know. I've only finished it once, so I can't remember most of it. Oh well.

I usually have Biggs and Wedge on my team, too.

Del Murder
04-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Tidus or Brother (Brudda).

Fireblade13
04-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Has anyone ever gotten nedus he has like 30 starting speed! I crack up watching him move. Wedge is a forward not a goalie he starts with 17 sh! Also I have to say Kyou and Zalitz are awesome defenders and Nimrook is invincible unless you wither him.

TheSpoonyBard
04-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Nedus does indeed begin with 30 SP, but if you take the time to level him up to Lv 99 he will have 99 SP, which makes him the fastest player in the game along with Brother. Mifurey is in a similar situation, but she goes from 20 SP to 69 SP.

As for Wedge, he is a rather strange character. From Lv 1-24 he makes a very good Forward, but then his SH stops growing and his AT and BL increase, making him a good Defender. He remains in the defensive posistion until Lv 55-60 when his CA rockets upwards from 20 to 62, making him the second best goalkeeper behind Nimrook, who has 67 CA.

I agree that Kyou and Zalitz are great players, but their dominance is only recognisable in the lower levels, say Lv 1-40. Zalitz has a huge BL which stands at 70, but has an AT of only 34, which is somewhat disappointing. He's also slightly slower than the average forward, which doesn't tip the balance in your favour. Kyou, on the other hand, has 71 SP, 44 AT, 64 BL, 89 PA(!) and could also double up as a goalie as he has 46 CA.

rubah
04-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Although if you're playing to level 99 I've gotta wonder about how much free time you have^_^;;;;;;;

derekstrickland
04-20-2005, 04:50 AM
In my opinion Tidus. is because he knows the jeckshot no one can beat that and he is very taltent.

Cruise Control
04-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Blappa. Volleyshot Poison/venom/whatever shot, nap shot.
He's got a high HP, which is good, because you lose incredibly large amounts of HP when you shoot, but your practically guaranteed a goal with his high SHT stat.