PDA

View Full Version : SHOULD there be a FFX 3?

Migoto-Megami
03-30-2005, 11:45 PM
Seeing the comments on the twin post "Is there sonna be a FFX3?" It raised a question: SHOULD there be a FFX3?

lulusgirl
03-31-2005, 12:14 AM
YES

TheAbominatrix
03-31-2005, 12:19 AM
Nah. It's not a slight against X-2, but things seem wrapped up pretty neatly at the end. I dont like when they do direct sequels for games that dont need them.

FF freak
03-31-2005, 12:34 AM
Nah. It's not a slight against X-2, but things seem wrapped up pretty neatly at the end. I dont like when they do direct sequels for games that dont need them.

Agreed. The only question I can think of is,what happened to the power Shinra found at the farplane? Did they make the city?

Cuchulainn
03-31-2005, 01:00 AM
There should be a Prequel, there is DEFINATELY room for a Prequal following Auron, Jecht & Braska, even seeing Auron & Kinoc in their Warrior Monk days.
A Sequal to a Sequal, I think the Godfather III made it clear that that is never a good idea.

Luc
03-31-2005, 04:39 AM
Yeah, what Cuchu said.

FFX-3 would be just HORRIBLE.

Big D
03-31-2005, 07:41 AM
Agreed. The only question I can think of is,what happened to the power Shinra found at the farplane? Did they make the city?That's a reference to Final Fantasy VII. In that game, the city of Midgar is a vibrant metropolis powered by Mako energy - the life energy of the planet. It's been speculated that FFX is set on the same world as FFVII, only many thousands of years before. All that talk of 'planet energy' is just hinting at what might come later. The Farplane and the Lifestream are rather similar places...

Blackmageboi
03-31-2005, 08:28 AM
the subtle hints about FFVII were funny there shouldnt be another sequel but if they did make it i would still buy it

Gunblades
03-31-2005, 09:06 AM
i would love a sequal led by Lulu exloreing the magicle inner circles of the black mages, a bit like Raistlin from Dragonlance.

Big D
03-31-2005, 09:24 AM
There were some plans for FFX-3, but they officially abandoned the idea last year.

Fireblade13
03-31-2005, 03:24 PM
There should be a Prequel, there is DEFINATELY room for a Prequal following Auron, Jecht & Braska, even seeing Auron & Kinoc in their Warrior Monk days.
A Sequal to a Sequal, I think the Godfather III made it clear that that is never a good idea.
Yes then Auron would be back with even more power and loyalty.
It would be like a male yuna[Braska}, wakka[jecht], Auron[duh]
Lets see the battle of the final aeon and sin.
Prequals! :D

Heath
03-31-2005, 03:41 PM
A prequel would be interesting, as I definitely found Auron, Jecht and Braska to be three of the more interesting characters in FFX. Only problem would be there wouldn't be as much room for creativity and development, as we pretty much know how it ends from FFX.

jennifer
03-31-2005, 03:48 PM
I don't think so. Well maybe if it was differant characters like Auron, but then there wouldn't be much to tell. Plus, in X-2, due to the different endings it would be really confusing because what if someone wanted the ending were Spira was distroyed or they didn't get to bring Tidus back. Even if they did, Tidus probably wouldn't be in it since the different endings :(

Gelatinous
03-31-2005, 08:58 PM
That reminds me of when they were planning to make two "add-on"s to FFX, one for Yuna and the other for Rikku. It also reminds me of when old Squaresoft were practically under an oath never to make a Final Fantasy sequel(In the same world, that is), in order to maintain the originality and unique feel of each game.

I think Final Fantasy X should be finally put to rest. It's my least favorite game in the series(not that I dislike it) and, in my opinion, Square-Enix should focus on making what the Final Fantasy series is really about: A fresh, original, single-player game. No more online and sequel stuff.

Sephex
03-31-2005, 09:06 PM
I think if they made a FFX-3, it should be about the adventures of Brother getting drunk, stealing the airship, and filming a Threes Company (SP?)-like sitcom.

lulusgirl
03-31-2005, 09:19 PM
nah.it should have the life of lulu&wakka's new baby.

Big D
04-01-2005, 12:27 AM
nah.it should have the life of lulu&wakka's new baby.Vidina has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough Lulu to rescue Vidina?

Bad Lulu - coming soon to a PS2 near you!

CaladBolgLionHeart
04-01-2005, 12:54 AM
Lol, Big D. A prequel with Jecht, Auron, and Braska sounds cool, but it should have some kind of mindboggling twist like the one in FFX.

Cuchulainn
04-01-2005, 03:58 AM
A prequal could be plausable, the only thing we know for certain is that Jecht became Yu Yevons Aeon & Auron died at the hands of Yunalesca...maybe Braska didn't die & instead got transported from Spira to the Zanarkand of Tidus' 'world'...really anything could happen, you just needa take the blinkers off & you'll realise there are possibilities there that could blow your mind with plot twists, Tidus, Jecht & Auron joining Braska in the dream world to defeat an enemy Spira doesn't know exists...yet, infact throe Seymour, Mika, Kinoc, Kelk & every1 else & make it a farplane fight which would explain 'the farplane becoming unstable' in X2. I just think A prequal leading to present is a strong possibility, if you doubt its possible then look to X2 to see how they slyly threw in scenes from the past & a BIG FECKIN WEAPON to boot which you had no clue about in X...
A Prequal would be 324357587687 times more interesting than a sequal & after X2 the only way is UP.

Fireblade13
04-01-2005, 04:55 PM
All in favor of a prequal say aye!

I Don't Need A Name
04-03-2005, 11:17 AM
a prequal would be cool as Braska's pilgramage but it would have to finish with Braska dieing, Jecht becoming a Fayth and Auron getting mortally wounded!

Spiffing Cheese
04-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Seeing the comments on the twin post "Is there sonna be a FFX3?" It raised a question: SHOULD there be a FFX3?

I think they have TOTALLY worn out the storyline. It would be pointless to create the third... what could they possibly do? I think that if they did a third, hardly anyone would buy it. The end of FFX-2 probably satisfied any players who was sad due to the death of Tidus ... I would so not buy it. FFX-2 was pretty bad. I just thought it was totally pointless to make that game when they had virtually no good storylines. It just made me think that they were desperate.

I think if they made a FFX-3, it should be about the adventures of Brother getting drunk, stealing the airship, and filming a Threes Company (SP?)-like sitcom.

Brilliant idea! Now that's a sequel I WOULD buy. Heheh.

FFX SO didn't need a sequel.

EDIT - Aye!

EDIT 2 - If anyone is wondering why I'm here when I obviously don't like FFX-2 that much, it's 'cause nobody was on the FFX forum when I logged on!

Del Murder
04-03-2005, 11:50 PM
I've had enough of Spira, personally.

lulusgirl
04-03-2005, 11:53 PM
Vidina has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough Lulu to rescue Vidina?

yeah.that is what ffx-3 can be about.lulu rescuing vidina. :love:

Jpae33
04-04-2005, 12:26 AM
paease let there be an ffx-3!!! i loved ffx and ffx-2

Migoto-Megami
04-04-2005, 12:41 AM
There should TOTALLY be another! By the way, Im stupid: What the hel is a prequel???
Anypoo, If there was, It should be about Yuna and Tidus. NO ONE ELSE
Expept for Vidina growing up a little and Rikku of course!

lulusgirl
04-04-2005, 12:45 AM
There should TOTALLY be another! By the way, Im stupid: What the hel is a prequel???
Anypoo, If there was, It should be about Yuna and Tidus. NO ONE ELSE
Expept for Vidina growing up a little and Rikku of course!
isn't a prequel a story before the story?

Migoto-Megami
04-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Oh! I think there should be a prequel AND a sequel!

Masamune·1600
04-04-2005, 12:57 AM
No.

Vyk
04-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Agreed. The only question I can think of is,what happened to the power Shinra found at the farplane? Did they make the city?That's a reference to Final Fantasy VII. In that game, the city of Midgar is a vibrant metropolis powered by Mako energy - the life energy of the planet. It's been speculated that FFX is set on the same world as FFVII, only many thousands of years before. All that talk of 'planet energy' is just hinting at what might come later. The Farplane and the Lifestream are rather similar places...

Well, that seems to go right along with those theories that all Final Fantasies are set in the same world, just hundreds (if not thousands) of years prior to the last. Which would mean one of two things. Either that theory is true (or at least in regards to these two games being related). Or they're just toying with the fans of that theory, which seems much more likely. Always the food for thought. Thanks Square...

Druakian
04-14-2005, 06:50 PM

Yer a Prequel would be cool ... though I was Surprised the was Sequel to FFX ... Always thought every game was going to be a new World/Universe with new characters :confused:

Vyk
04-14-2005, 07:09 PM
And then Square realized they could turn each GAME in the franchise into its OWN franchise. Time to milk these FF cows.

1000_Words_chic
04-18-2005, 01:52 PM
I believe there should be a FFX-3...it should be like...16 years after...and Yuna and Tidus have had a child...and name it Kaori..and she becomes a summoner and blitzball player...following in her mom and father's path...ok..that made no sense :confused:

Del Murder
04-30-2005, 06:21 AM
Why Kaori?

lulusgirl
04-30-2005, 01:27 PM
that's a cute name,that's why.

Cruise Control
05-02-2005, 10:37 AM
i would love a sequal led by Lulu exloreing the magicle inner circles of the black mages, a bit like Raistlin from Dragonlance.
Someboody besides me Acutally read that

Destai
05-02-2005, 10:55 AM
Will the game have cute costumes :confused: ??

Dr.M
05-31-2005, 07:33 AM
what if tidus and yuna found a way into tidus's zanarkand via the farplane and get stuck and the farplane gose into meltdown with all the dead comming out so that Auron, Ject and Braska come back and can be in the battles!!!

Danielle
06-02-2005, 08:25 AM
A prequel about Auron, Braska, Jecht etc sounds great, butI don't think a sequel would be a good idea. MAYBE a sequel about Vidina--MAYBE that would work, butI don't want there to be another sequel at all--not even one about Tidus and Yuna. X-2 ended the story perfectly.

Blackmageboi
06-02-2005, 08:43 AM
i would like a prequel yes but another sequel would really suck

Blitzace360
06-11-2005, 07:38 PM
YEP DEFINITELY

Markus. D
06-14-2005, 06:02 AM

i think it might only be released into japan.

the ending on international plus last mission opens up into X-3 on the last mission.

the last mission is sort of like via infinito, instead it goes upwards into the sky.

Big D
06-14-2005, 06:13 AM
According to official announcements, Square-Enix abandoned all plans for FF X-3 last year.

:p

That could, of course, be changed later on - but we'd definitely hear about it pretty quickly.

Shadowdust
06-14-2005, 07:55 AM
According to official announcements, Square-Enix abandoned all plans for FF X-3 last year.

Thank goodness. I don't think my heart could take another sequel from FFX.

*iloveme06*
06-14-2005, 08:33 PM
I would. . .and then I wouldn't. I'd like it if they came out with a really wierd story line, like Tidus somehow comes back-but only to destroy the world-and they all have to take him out or something. . .or Seymore returns again and kidnaps Yuna or whatever. . .then again-I don't want one, because, I don't think there's anyway you could get another one of the last one if you get to see all the endings and stuff. . .

remghoost
06-21-2005, 03:23 AM
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7]HECK YES!!!!!

The Anarchy Angel
06-21-2005, 09:19 PM
Poeple would most probably become sick of seieng the same old faces...hiows about killing off someone, like brother, and Yuna realsies her true love lies with him? Then Tidus goes crazy and "gains ronso trust"? *dies*

squareSOFT
06-21-2005, 09:24 PM
If it's like X then YES! If it's like X-2 then oh, I hope not!

=Angelus=
06-22-2005, 11:46 AM
:D Brother gets drunk, Steals the Airship, makes sitcom, then takes over the world!! Bwahahaha....

(and then again, of course someone has to save the world right? lets leave it to Leblanc)

:D

Craig
06-22-2005, 01:34 PM
Yeah, they should. Why? because if you don't like it you don't have to buy it.

MasonScheer
06-27-2005, 08:32 AM
Well, ill start off with this, ff x-2 does not indeed suck. I think it was a good game, not as good as the first, but still good. I hate the way they changed blitzball and am disapointed they took out summons, but dresssphere system worked well. I know that a third game would be obsessive but i really dont like the way 2 ended. Tidus disappears, yuna searches, and ends up saying my journey all started by looking for you? I find thats a load of bs. There was absolutely no sign of tidus, just a look alike, and i really dont like that. Now, this might sound odd, but i figure she either calls it quits or keeps searching, not just giving up. I really would like there to be a 3, i dont know how it would work out, but i want tidus to come back, lol. Its hard to explain but without a single sign of tidus in 2 it left so much out, my biggest complaint. I do doubt they will make a 3, but i think it would be nice.

nik0tine
06-27-2005, 08:48 AM
I don't know if I've screamed about this yet, but I'll take this time to say "HELL NO!"

Butz
06-27-2005, 09:51 AM
I've had enough of Spira, personally.

I played more than 60% of X-2 stopped and never played it again.. :mad:

Worse FF, I've played FF4 twice and I'm planning on replaying FF1 right after I finish FF7 THE BEST FF EVER :D

liamo
06-27-2005, 09:57 AM
no i don't think they should seeing as its not really needed right now maybe some time in the future when they get deadlocked for a new game then they can just release the third to keep people happy till another installment comes along

Big D
06-27-2005, 10:23 AM
Well, ill start off with this, ff x-2 does not indeed suck. I think it was a good game, not as good as the first, but still good. I hate the way they changed blitzball and am disapointed they took out summons, but dresssphere system worked well. I know that a third game would be obsessive but i really dont like the way 2 ended. Tidus disappears, yuna searches, and ends up saying my journey all started by looking for you? I find thats a load of bs. There was absolutely no sign of tidus, just a look alike, and i really dont like that. Now, this might sound odd, but i figure she either calls it quits or keeps searching, not just giving up. I really would like there to be a 3, i dont know how it would work out, but i want tidus to come back, lol. Its hard to explain but without a single sign of tidus in 2 it left so much out, my biggest complaint. I do doubt they will make a 3, but i think it would be nice.If you finish X-2 with a sufficiently good performance, Tidus does indeed come back...

TiFAchic110
06-27-2005, 03:20 PM
its really hard to say...

Hambone
06-28-2005, 12:33 AM
No. Tidus and Yuna are back together. They shouldn't ruin the story.....again.

Mirage
06-28-2005, 08:59 PM
nah.it should have the life of lulu&wakka's new baby.Vidina has been kidnapped by ninjas! Are you a bad enough Lulu to rescue Vidina?

And with a job system. Lulu as a warrior, monk or dark knight <3<3<3.

rikku_05
06-29-2005, 04:09 AM
Rikku and Tidus

EDIT: Don't double post or post off topic nonsense. Thanks. -Murder

XxSephirothxX
06-29-2005, 04:14 AM
One sequel was quite enough, thank you. If they want to make a franchise out of anything, I wish they'd at least choose one of the better entries in the series.

Behold the Void
06-29-2005, 04:37 AM
Frankly I thought there shouldn't be a X-2, it ruined what I felt to be a perfect ending.

ApocalypticLeon
06-29-2005, 06:18 AM
Yes, FFX was a very good game, and it was completely ruined by that so called 'sequal'. Tidas is a dream... dreams are nice... but thats all they are.

RedCydranth
06-29-2005, 07:12 AM
I'm going to go with no. FFX was good, FFX-2 wasn't good. Even the most intriguing idea of the journey of Braska, Jecht and Auron heading the prequel, was a short story that was already told in FFX. Anything that needed to be known is. We know that in the end Braska dies summoning the final Aeon, Jecht becomes Sin, and makes Auron Promise to look after Tidus. I don't want to play a game where I already know all the details.

Sure the same could be said of Star Wars, but there was a LOT to be told there, so don't pull the Star Wars prequel crap on me.

final fanasty always
06-29-2005, 02:36 PM
i say yes yrp back but in a better game

Archangel342
07-11-2005, 03:58 PM
Well, in my opinion there shouldn't be a FFX3---but I suppose it wouldn't be so bad if it involved another world and new characters so the Square Enix people would have to come up with new ideas again. That's why the making of FFX2 was so short, for they already had Spira and most of the characters all planned out. Overall, I feel there should not be a FFX3.

Old Manus
07-11-2005, 04:30 PM
NO.

BizzerocitY
07-11-2005, 06:21 PM
What about Rikku's story, man? Remember when after Cid and Brother and Rikku go at it in the Cabin in chapter 5, when you go to the deck Rikku feels left out because she hasn't changed and Yuna tells her next time it'll be her story?

Rikku*
07-27-2005, 12:54 AM
What about Rikku's story, man? Remember when after Cid and Brother and Rikku go at it in the Cabin in chapter 5, when you go to the deck Rikku feels left out because she hasn't changed and Yuna tells her next time it'll be her story?
I agree with you!
they should have a ffx-3 so that it can be about Rikku!!

Blue_Mage
07-27-2005, 03:44 AM
YES! THEY HAVE TO MAK A FINAL FANTASY X-3! THEY MUST!

I wil sue if they dont. LOL just j/k. But realy, I hope they do. Either it be a prequal about Braska, Jecht & Auron or after X-2.

J.D
07-27-2005, 05:37 AM
FFX Was Great
X-2 Ruined It

I HATE IT!!!

A Prequal Instead Of X-2 Would Have Been Awesome
Since Jecht Auron And Braska Are Serious Characters

Tidus Is Annoying, So Is Yuna. But In Some Way, They Were Acceptable Chars For It
In X-2, Jesus, Rikku Looks Like A Slut, And Yuna Is CHILDISH
She Was Supposed To Grow Up A Little After What Happened
But No, She Is Even Dumber.

Braska Auron And Jecht Would Have Made A Great Game
But They Made X-2 And Ruined One Of My Fav FFs

Damm Them :mad2:

Markus. D
07-27-2005, 11:37 AM
you haters are sad for even coming into this section of the forum.

i think there should be a X-3 ... and though i love X-2 i think they would have to plan it out a little more and have a deep dark story into it... and many more rendered cinematics.

by the way, ive already made a X-3 in my head.

story must involve: someway to change the main locale from spira, tidus, yuna, kimhari, lulu, serious version of rikku, seriouser version of pain, auron, wakka ect, a giant cataclismic warefare which somehow breaches the rules of there final fantasy reality and an involvment of a really giant gothic castle nearing the end. :) and ovcourse a very involved viallian.

music must be: pure orchestral themes for field maps, 4 differant battle themes for each location (matrixy music, orchestral, techno/trance music), engaging boss battle themes.

gameplay must involve: conditional turn based battle system, new skill animations, characters choose 1 proffession each to master... dual classes get involved later in the game, slight alterations or quick changes into the music depending on the events that occur in battle (the build up before a skill hit or something), hundreds of new skills to master (like you gain skill points at each level to divi out), i cant be bothered typing out my many other ideas right now.

Big D
07-27-2005, 11:44 AM
Before it was officially scrapped, X-3 was going to have two different versions: one starring Rikku, and the other with Yuna in the lead role.

Kakashi509
07-27-2005, 01:22 PM
no is the right answer

Tidus5
07-27-2005, 02:02 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like the newer/younger FF fans are obsessed with X-2?

liamo
07-27-2005, 02:24 PM
oh hell no

Old Manus
07-27-2005, 03:07 PM
Women are. go figure.

Dreddz
07-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like the newer/younger FF fans are obsessed with X-2?
Its just you..

Crossblades
07-27-2005, 05:08 PM
Hell no

One FF X sequel is enough

edczxcvbnm
07-27-2005, 05:11 PM
NO

BabyVixen
07-27-2005, 06:40 PM
A prequel with Auron, Jecht and Braska would be cool because then we would know everything that happened back then

Yuna Braska 19
07-29-2005, 04:03 AM
Well I did not think FFX-2 is dum or anything it shows that Yuna is now looking for Tidus and Rikku and Paine help her and they help Paine find out why her friends were acting different back there.
And someone said that if they make a FFX-3 that over doing it Hello did you see how many FF7 things are coming out and people say that FFX-2 will be overing doing it if they make on last chapter that Can be about Rikku and show how everyone is doing.

And I don't mean to be rude but that got me jumping in hot water. :mad2:
But I understand them making a FF7-2 but still there over doing it by making other FF7 Games and Re-makes.
So nothing wrong with a FFX-3 with me and other Fans of FFX-2.
And Yuna wants be have fun and all seen when she was a full Summoner she could not do that, and that’s why she is acting like that.

And Yuna is funnier that way and she kind of got some from Tidus and Rikku. And Rikku dresses like that cause that’s the way she wants to dress like it not her fault that she dresses like that. And when you think about it YRP is a very good team and they understand eacher once there on Missions.

And the Re-make of FFX-2 I read the Ending and it’s very sad....
Cause YRP Last Mission.... :(
And I understand that there are people that like FF7 hey I do too but not that much.... So I'm not say I don't like FF7 cause I like that game too o.k :)

Tidus5
07-29-2005, 06:27 AM
Well I did not think FFX-2 is dum or anything it shows that Yuna is now looking for Tidus and Rikku and Paine help her and they help Paine find out why her friends were acting different back there.
And someone said that if they make a FFX-3 that over doing it Hello did you see how many FF7 things are coming out and people say that FFX-2 will be overing doing it if they make on last chapter that Can be about Rikku and show how everyone is doing.

And I don't mean to be rude but that got me jumping in hot water. :mad2:
But I understand them making a FF7-2 but still there over doing it by making other FF7 Games and Re-makes.
So nothing wrong with a FFX-3 with me and other Fans of FFX-2.
And Yuna wants be have fun and all seen when she was a full Summoner she could not do that, and that’s why she is acting like that.

And Yuna is funnier that way and she kind of got some from Tidus and Rikku. And Rikku dresses like that cause that’s the way she wants to dress like it not her fault that she dresses like that. And when you think about it YRP is a very good team and they understand eacher once there on Missions.

And the Re-make of FFX-2 I read the Ending and it’s very sad....
Cause YRP Last Mission.... :(
And I understand that there are people that like FF7 hey I do too but not that much.... So I'm not say I don't like FF7 cause I like that game too o.k :)

WHAT???? Was there an actual sentence in there?

Slade
07-29-2005, 08:49 AM
No. X-2 was ok but im not a fan of sequels unless the original needs it. X did not need it and X-2 definatly dosnt need a follow up

WHAT???? Was there an actual sentence in there?

I think that entire thing WAS a sentence......take a breath! :D

BIZA
07-29-2005, 09:13 PM
YES and i read that there will be a ffx-3 but i don't now in wat form a game or a movie and on some other playstation

raskerino
07-29-2005, 10:11 PM
If they made a X-3 after X-2 they would have to make something out of nothing, because honestly all the loose ends are tied up (cept maybe the zanarkand bevelle war). If they came up with a totally new storyline then why can't they just make a new game (which they're doing) that can have as many twists as it needs, that isn't restricted by having to connect to storylines that have been completed. A prequel would be way to repetitive, as RedCydranth said we know the result before it begins, and playing through would be doing the same thing as X. Just a repeat of a game we've already played. If you pick up the Jecht spheres and the braska sphere you already have a nice picture of there journey. The only conceivable X-3 in my eyes would be the bevelle wars using new characters and a plot that hasn't been overused in previous games.
By the way, I did like X-2, but there is no need for a sequel.

Old Manus
07-29-2005, 10:44 PM
NO

SnoopyG
07-30-2005, 12:12 AM
A prequel would be krazy. So would FFx-3 featuring Gippal and his adventure with Rikku.

Tidus5
07-30-2005, 05:59 PM
A prequel would be krazy. So would FFx-3 featuring Gippal and his adventure with Rikku.

Sounds like a porno.

Wiegrahf42
07-30-2005, 10:02 PM
I would see If I could make a bigger no... Where could they go with a story that has already been cheapened?

Yuna Braska 19
08-05-2005, 12:20 AM
I read that FFX-2 International+ last mission is kind of like a part 3 of the game...
But it say that it takes place 3 months after the events of FFX-2 where players take on the Tower of Yadonoki.
And I really wanna see it!!!

:)

Shadowdeathrose
08-10-2005, 08:26 PM
YEH OF COURSE THERE SHOULD BUT YUNA CAN'T GO GET TIDUS IN THAT CUASE SHE GETS BACK WITH HIM AT END OF X - 2 ( IN PERFECT ENDING TO THE PPL WHO THINK HE IS DEAD)