PDA

View Full Version : Say It Isn't So!

Big D
03-31-2005, 03:42 AM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/index.cfm?c_id=100&ObjectID=10117853

Discuss.

TheAbominatrix
03-31-2005, 03:45 AM
As long as it isnt like that horrid James Bond Jr. cartoon that was on in the 90's, I'll be happy.

I really havent watched any of the newer Bond films... I'm a fan of Connery as Bond.

This could be a very interesting take on it, and I feel the right director can make Bloom... well... bloom. So I'll wait till I see it before fretting.

Kirobaito
03-31-2005, 03:46 AM
Wow. I certainly wouldn't have expected this. I thought that James Bond would be above these corny spinoffs. But apparently not.

Big D
03-31-2005, 03:52 AM
In the book, a teenage James Bond spends a holiday at a remote castle where he soon comes upon a mystery involving killer eels and an arms tycoon conducting genetic experiments. Young James Bond and the Spooky Castle of Evil Fish Doom.

Bloom is nearly 30 years old; Bond should be well into his Navy career by that stage. But then, decades of established continuity are less important than capturing the x-treme yoof market.Wow. I certainly wouldn't have expected this. I thought that James Bond would be above these corny spinoffs. But apparently not.They considered making a spinoff movie series about Jinx, Halle Berry's forgettable character in the equally forgettable Die Another Day. That concept was abandoned last year.

The Captain
03-31-2005, 03:56 AM
So she can pursue Catwoman 2?

Take care all.

TheAbominatrix
03-31-2005, 03:56 AM
Young James Bond and the Spooky Castle of Evil Fish Doom.

Bloom is nearly 30 years old; Bond should be well into his Navy career by that stage. But then, decades of established continuity are less important than capturing the x-treme yoof market..

Yeah, but Bloom doesnt <i>look</i> 30. He's at that stage where he'll be playing young characters in their late teens/early twenties. I could see him being a college-age student.

Shlup
03-31-2005, 04:05 AM
Orlando Bloom is hot. I have no complaints.

kikimm
03-31-2005, 04:20 AM
Orlando Bloom is hot.

Although this is true, I'm still not completely happy with the idea. But it's not like I've been watching the newer James Bond movies, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

:D

Meat Puppet
03-31-2005, 06:12 AM
Well, I suppose they had to have a gay James Bond eventually. The whole women thing was probably getting tiring.

-N-
03-31-2005, 06:16 AM
Orlando Bloom and the Hardy Boys team up to solve the mystery of Pirate's Cove!

Miriel
03-31-2005, 06:31 AM
God dammit Orlando, you were doing so well! *sigh*

I love him. Anyone who knows me knows I love him. But I've been hoping for over a year (http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds13932.html) that this whole thing was just a rumor.

He's been doing so well with Kingdom of Heaven and Elizabethtown, I really thought he wouldn't fall for doing such a gimmicky movie.

To put it bluntly, I don't think he can pull it off. And if this is a stinker (which I see as a huge possibility) it'll squash his chances of ever reaching that plateau above his current "prettyboy" status.

nik0tine
03-31-2005, 07:03 AM
Oh god...

**ShadowZone**
03-31-2005, 07:10 AM
They would kill James Bond if they did this.

I am more into the old Bond films more than the new ones.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-31-2005, 07:24 AM
Look on the bright side, at least they're making From Russia with Love into a video game and using Connery for it. It looks pretty good too.

http://www.commanderbond.net/Public/Stories/2704-1.shtml

Big D
03-31-2005, 07:32 AM
If they absolutely had to make 'young Bond' movies, I'd prefer to see the details of his exploits in the Navy, the events and successes that led to him joining MI5 and ultimately MI6.Look on the bright side, at least they're making From Russia with Love into a video game and using Connery for it. It looks pretty good too.
Ugh, EA. The game sounds good in theory, and it looks like they've got some nice ideas, but...
* There is a new mechanic called "Focus Mode", which allows you the ability to slow down time to get a more accurate shot. It is supposed to take you into Bond's mind, and what he's thinking about, so you could shoot at an enemy's specific body part, or something on him, like a radio or grenade. Yay! It's been thirty seconds since the last Matrix FX rip-off, so we're well overdue for another one!

Every "exciting feature" named in that article is something that's been done before. I won't be too surprised if this goes the way of other recent Bond games: big buildup, lots of hype and expectation, but limited critical success.

Azure Chrysanthemum
03-31-2005, 07:38 AM
Well, it's that or young Bond, pick your poison.

TheAbominatrix
03-31-2005, 09:36 AM
They would kill James Bond if they did this.

To be quite honest I think they killed him many years ago and are just continuing to rape his corpse.

DMKA
03-31-2005, 09:43 AM
As long as it isnt like that horrid James Bond Jr. cartoon that was on in the 90's, I'll be happy.
Omg...no one else I know of remembers that show! :love:

I just can't picture it to be honest, but I'm not a James Bond fan, and never have been. So eh, let them do what they will with it...and upset the remaining following they have. o__O

Kawaii Ryűkishi
03-31-2005, 09:53 AM
Heard about this a long time ago.
Wow. I certainly wouldn't have expected this. I thought that James Bond would be above these corny spinoffs. But apparently not.The series itself has always been darn corny, actually.

Heath
03-31-2005, 10:01 AM
I'd heard about Bloom being a possibly candidate for the new Bond after Brosnan, hadn't heard about that, however. Though I'm with Big D here, in that:

I'd prefer to see the details of his exploits in the Navy, the events and successes that led to him joining MI5 and ultimately MI6.

The only James Bond game I would really consider great was Goldeneye 64, I loved that game. Rather miss it, actually.

TheAbominatrix
03-31-2005, 11:54 AM
Omg...no one else I know of remembers that show! :love:

I've undergone numerous treatments, including <i>jamming a screwdriver into my ear</i> to forget that show, but every now and then I hear that theme song "Jaaaaames Bond, James Bond Jr!"

*shudders*

**ShadowZone**
03-31-2005, 12:31 PM

Omg...no one else I know of remembers that show!
I remember this. it was so crap! an insult to James Bond. :eek:

kikimm
03-31-2005, 04:53 PM
I think I liked the rumor that Eric Bana was to play Bond a bit better, now that I think about it.

Miriel
03-31-2005, 05:56 PM
I think Clive Owen would've made an excellent Bond. That man is crazy suave.

kikimm
03-31-2005, 06:14 PM
I'd have to agree with you there. =/ Although Gerard Butler would do quite nicely as well.

*sigh*

Captain Maxx Power
03-31-2005, 07:16 PM
I think my balls just retracted into my globular majoris area.

Sephex
03-31-2005, 08:47 PM

That's what I was thinking.

Psychotic
03-31-2005, 09:41 PM
As long as it isnt like that horrid James Bond Jr. cartoon that was on in the 90's, I'll be happy.That was so awesome! I loved it! The best bit was DEFINITELY the opening titles :love:

Miriel
04-06-2005, 10:51 PM
Hmmm. (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20050406/ennew_afp/afplifestylefilmbritainbondpeople_050406114945&e=1)

The plot thickens.

-N-
04-07-2005, 12:53 AM
Better news.