PDA

View Full Version : New Dear Friends Concerts

Mittopotahis
03-31-2005, 05:16 AM
Just incase you didn't know, they have announced a few more place and dates for Dear Friends Excuse my Spelling if i get any wrong, and not abbreviating the 2 letters for the state, as I'm from Australia and I have no idea about the Places of America.

Hartford, CT. May 20 2005
Atlanta, GA. June 24 - 25 2005
San Diego, CA July 14 2005 (Hey! That's California!...I think)
Detroit, MI. July 23 - 24 2005 (I'm not sure whether it was a Capital I or a lower case l, so I wrote I, because all the rest are upper case)

Hope you live there!
Also Hoping they will bring it over to Australia...

strawberryman
03-31-2005, 06:07 AM
I hate living in Minnesota sometimes... :cry:

-N-
03-31-2005, 06:40 AM
Holy crap, SD July 14?

*Dark~Chaos*
03-31-2005, 07:51 AM
I don't know if this has been said before but there is a "More Friends Concert" for L.A. I wonder if a cd wiill come out with the music? mmmm

Palindrome
03-31-2005, 11:58 PM
where can i get details on this

rubah
04-01-2005, 03:10 AM
Atlanta sounds almost doable.

;_;

Mittopotahis
04-01-2005, 03:46 AM
I got it off the Square Enix official website
www.square-enix.com i think

ehsteve
04-02-2005, 02:59 AM
Unless they come to a state close to New Mexico, I'm not going.
Please, come to New Mexico!

dodhungry
04-02-2005, 03:05 AM
I wish they would come to somewhere around Little Rock or at least Fayetteville :mad2: :mad: :cry:

rubah
04-02-2005, 07:09 AM
Little Rock> Fayetteville.

Or at least closer anyways.

Heck, why not Conway?

daisuke j
04-02-2005, 11:16 PM

http://www.square-enix-usa.com/uematsu/concert/dear_friends.html

anyone thinking of going to the Hartford concert??

ShivaBlizzard8
04-04-2005, 04:37 PM
*crosses fingers* Come on, Boston, come on, Boston. . .

eestlinc
04-06-2005, 02:23 AM
coming to Atlanta? Wow, maybe I'll go.

edit: here's a direct link (http://na.square-enix.com/uematsu/concert/dear_friends.html) to the concert info.

edit edit: I live about three miles from Atlanta Symphony Hall, so I'll definitely go and might organize some sort of get together or something. More info to come.

fire_of_avalon
04-06-2005, 04:06 AM
If I can get floor space and platonic love, I will SO go to the show in Atlanta! Oh boy Oh boy Oh boy will I!

eestlinc
04-06-2005, 04:12 AM
i have floor space to be sure! Tickets are kinda expensive though. Maybe Cid can work out a discount or something.

PearlRose
04-06-2005, 06:11 AM
Atlanta... if only I was in school at the time, then I might consider heading up for the concert.

But I'll be so far away then. Grr, come to Florida!!

-N-
04-06-2005, 09:44 PM
For those unable to make it to eest's ATL gathering, I'll be starting one up in San Diego. I don't have a place to stay, though - I'll be flying down from the Bay Area or driving or something. I do know several people in San Diego, though, so maybe we can collectively crash at someone's house. Matt, if you ever come to this thread, let me know if you're interested.

Masamune·1600
04-07-2005, 01:38 AM
I made it to the Chicago concert, but I'd go again (obviously) if given the chance. Hartford might be possible....

m4tt
04-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Matt, if you ever come to this thread, let me know if you're interested.Well damn, I don't think I could do it. If things go as planned I'll be helping my girlfriend move out here around that time and I'll probably be pretty broke. :p

-N-
04-08-2005, 02:20 AM
Matt, if you ever come to this thread, let me know if you're interested.Well damn, I don't think I could do it. If things go as planned I'll be helping my girlfriend move out here around that time and I'll probably be pretty broke. :p:( x37 That's right. 37 :('s for that.

If Kishi goes to Atlanta, then I'll go there instead. I have friends there to visit and crash with as well. Haven't seen those punks in years... :D

fire_of_avalon
04-08-2005, 07:15 AM
If Kishi goes to Atlanta, then I'll go there instead. I have friends there to visit and crash with as well. Haven't seen those punks in years... :D
Come to Atlanta anyways, I'll be there and I'm better than everything else.

Ok, so I'm not but Atlanta yay woo! Also, my sister will be coming, as well as at least one other friend, but neither of those are definite sure things besides me. I don't expect you to keep all of us, eest, if our number gets too big xD. But as for me, I will most definitly be there.

Raven Nox
04-09-2005, 02:04 AM
I might be going to the San Deigo one, have to buy the tickets though... and crash at my aunt's place as I live in the bay area... I'd have to get someone to drive me there... XD... it's 4 days before my birthday so I'm asking around for it to be my present, but the way things are going, I'll probably have to have someone get the tickets and pay them back later... as long as I get to go! :D

I'd like to be in a gathering... but no one knows me yet so ahh well... XD Plus, my grandma will probably have to take me... kinda sucks being 14...

Miriel
04-09-2005, 08:59 AM
I think my brother and I are going to the San Diego one.

We'll see.

-N-
04-10-2005, 09:22 AM
Come to Atlanta anyways, I'll be there and I'm better than everything else.

Ok, so I'm not but Atlanta yay woo! Also, my sister will be coming, as well as at least one other friend, but neither of those are definite sure things besides me. I don't expect you to keep all of us, eest, if our number gets too big xD. But as for me, I will most definitly be there.
Round trip to Atlanta - $350+.
Round trip to San Diego - $100+.

Megan, you know I'd say yes in a heartbeat, but I'm not made of money.
Tell me, what should I do?

edit: If anyone is going to ATL from Tampa or West Palm Beach, and wouldn't mind picking up a stranger from the airport, I can do it for about $250.

fire_of_avalon
04-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Hitch hike! :D?

-N-
04-10-2005, 10:41 PM
You're not THAT worth it. :p

edit: Well, maybe. :p
edit again: Wait, what? No! >_<

abrojtm
04-11-2005, 02:32 AM
What kind of clothes should I wear?

Raven Nox
04-11-2005, 04:24 AM
WHEEEE!!! I'm going to the San Deigo one! I got Prenium tickets!!!! Me so happy! n.n

abrojtm
04-12-2005, 05:04 AM
I'm going to one in Atlanta.

CloudDragon
04-17-2005, 07:41 PM
Check out the main page, and you'll see that there's also one coming to Fort Worth, Texas!

mindscaper
04-18-2005, 06:43 AM
going to the one in san diego. row 1 seat 4 baby

Raven Nox
04-18-2005, 11:40 PM
Lucky, I got row 3, seat 13 XD

XxSephirothxX
04-21-2005, 09:52 PM
I, along with three friends, am going to the show in Atlanta Friday, June 24th. We bought Rear Orchestra tickets for 42 bucks a pop. Seems rather pricey, but it will be worth it.

ArchAnemone
04-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Going to Ft. Worth.

-N-
04-24-2005, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I'm going to San Diego with some real friends of mine. Dunno how much I want to spend, though. Grandstand looks good enough for me - it'll be tight.

Optium
04-26-2005, 09:54 PM
I'll probably be heading to the Hartford one with a few friends and/or hot
chicks. ;]

Anyone else going to that one?

.opt

MoonsEcho
04-27-2005, 05:12 AM
Hubby & I will be at Ft. Worth...provided childcare doesn't fall through =O

XxSephirothxX
04-28-2005, 08:52 PM
On Monday May 16th, the Gibson Amphitheater in Los Angeles will open its doors and play host to the latest performance of the popular videogame score. More Friends will meld footage from the videogame series with live orchestral, rock and pop music. In addition, the original soundtracks Dear Friends - Music from Final Fantasy and More Friends - Music from Final Fantasy will be available for purchase at the performance. This marks the first time they have been in the U.S.

While the music of Final Fantasy is the centerpiece of the concert, the Los Angeles performance of More Friends will be extra special thanks to the inclusion of a number of guest artists.

For starters, the concert will present the U.S. debut of "Maria and Draco," an opera from Final Fantasy VI. It will be sung by Stephanie Woodling (Mezzo-Soprano), Chad Berlinghieri (Tenor) and Todd Robinson (Bass-Baritone). The concert will alsp unveil the worldwide debut of "Swing de Chocobo," newly arranged by Arnie Roth, who will be conducting the entire concert performed by the World Festival Symphony Orchestra, the CSUF University Singers and the Nobuo Uematsu's band, The Black Mages.

As for extra special guests, attendees will be treated to a performance by Emiko Shiratori, vocalist for "Melodies of Life," the theme song from Final Fantasy IX and
Japanese vocal sensation RIKKI will sing "Suteki Da Ne," the theme song from Final Fantasy X. Also on tap will be performances by The Black Mages, best known for delivering the epic battle music for the series. The band, which was created by Uemetsu, will lend their rock n' roll element to the proceedings. And finally, James Arnold Taylor, best known as the voice of Tidus in Final Fantasy X will be the special guest MC.

Wow. I hope some of these people show up for the Atlanta show, too.

Miriel
05-03-2005, 04:41 AM
I'm going to the More Friends concert at the Universal Amphitheatre on May 16th.

I'm excited. :)

disapointedchild
05-06-2005, 12:34 AM
I am going to the one in fort worth, just bought tickets.

Sadly, I am cheap, and got the very high seats, at the top for only, 35$.
:lol:

Kirobaito
05-06-2005, 02:10 AM
Hmm...perhaps we can do some sort of Fort Worth meetup come that time. I'm not going to the concert, but if a bunch of people are, perhaps we do something that day. disapointedchild and I both live here, so perhaps we can come up with something. PM me if you're interested.

MoonsEcho
05-06-2005, 05:13 AM
I just hope I don't get lost trying to find the Bass Hall. I'm not great with directions once I'm off the interstates .-.

Hmm, a meetup could be interesting.

*PM's KB* ^.^

EDIT: For those of you who may have been to one of these concerts before, I have a semi-stupid question about attire. Is it super dressy like at any other symphony orchestra concert, or is it more casual? I know that may be a dumb question, but I've never been to this kind of concert and I have no idea what the norm for clothing is at one .-.

<_<

disapointedchild
05-06-2005, 09:38 PM
EDIT: For those of you who may have been to one of these concerts before, I have a semi-stupid question about attire. Is it super dressy like at any other symphony orchestra concert, or is it more casual? I know that may be a dumb question, but I've never been to this kind of concert and I have no idea what the norm for clothing is at one .-.

<_<

What kind of clothes should I wear?

It is a concert at a hall. You should atleast be semiformal I think. Nice dress or skirt. For guys, black slacks a nice shirt, a belt. Thats what i would think.

Kirobaito
05-06-2005, 11:45 PM
The Bass Hall is quite an impressive place to be, and a bit intimidating.

While looking for it, just look at the side of the building, if you see enormous angels blowing trumpets, you've found it.

MoonsEcho
05-07-2005, 01:56 AM
It is a concert at a hall. You should atleast be semiformal I think. Nice dress or skirt. For guys, black slacks a nice shirt, a belt. Thats what i would think.

That's what I was planning on. I was hoping we wouldn't have to buy Mark a suit. =\

The tickets came with a complimentary parking pass with directions to the Hall, so hopefully we'll make it there. ^^

disapointedchild
05-07-2005, 04:18 AM
That's what I was planning on. I was hoping we wouldn't have to buy Mark a suit. =\

The tickets came with a complimentary parking pass with directions to the Hall, so hopefully we'll make it there. ^^

Hey, my name is "Mark" too. :)

rsriprac
05-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Would anyone be interested in tickets for the Los Angeles concert? I have some tickets up for grabs, super nice seating.

Tickets 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6530777436&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

Tickets 2 (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16122&item=6530777275&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW)

ArchAnemone
05-08-2005, 04:44 AM
I don't live in Ft. Worth and rarely go there, so the map on the parking pass is almost useless to me. I figure I'll get someone to tell me how to get there or else get someone else to drive when it's time to go.

Kirobaito
05-09-2005, 01:12 AM
Whoever does drive, just look out because almost every street downtown is one way.

XxSephirothxX
06-14-2005, 09:31 PM
As the Atlanta concert is nearly here, I'd like to update this thread and see if anyone besides me is going. :)

SaiyamanMan
06-17-2005, 01:59 AM
Hello guys...and gals...

I have a strange situation but plz read....

I have two tickets for friday june 24th in Atlanta Georgia for the Dear Friends Concert...
But I cannot make it that day b/c of my work...But I do want to go Saturday June 25th...

My tickets are ...... LT ORCH..section M seat 21 and 20... They are almost 65 bucks a peice.....

If anyone has tickets to saturday that is not as good or no tickets at all Plz PLZ PLZ trade with me .... I dont care if ur seats are not as good as mine.... but I don't want these seats to go to trash...I wouldnt mind selling them for some stupid cheap price like 30 40 bucks either but I just dont want them to go to waste.... email me at vicious_vegita@yahoo.com or aim me at Saiyamalv (thats an L and a V like man but the L and v make it an n)....ummm.... ill check back soon and hope someone is willing to go through with my crazy plan... thanks ppl

Anaconda
07-06-2005, 05:36 PM
I went to the dallas fort worth concert and that completely blew my mind. I almost got teary eyed at aeris theme. :(

Lon611
07-06-2005, 06:52 PM
i didn't go to the ATL one cuz i live in Cali, but im going to the San Diego one on July 14th :D

veryyy excited. hopefully they're not as strict about cameras as they were at More Friends.

Medi
07-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Detroit!!!!! That's soooooooo close to me, I hope I can go, where do you get tickets?

disapointedchild
07-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Yes, the Fort Worth one was awesome. I feel liberi fatali could of been better though.

As, for the rest, perfect.

Anaconda
07-17-2005, 03:22 PM
I was at the fort worth one as well. It was one of the greatest experiences in my life.