PDA

View Full Version : The Gold Chocobo

Syncope
03-31-2005, 06:00 AM
Can the Gold Chocobo cross mountains and rivers? If it does there is no point in ever raising Chocobo's unless you want to win at the Gold Saucer. Also what color is the mountain Chocobo and the color of a river Chocobo?

TheAbominatrix
03-31-2005, 06:02 AM
The gold chocobo can go everywhere. And yes, there are benefits aside from the racing. The most powerful summon in the game can only be found by riding a gold chocobo, and there's a hoarde of other secret places only accessible on chocobo-back.

Mountain = Green
River = Blue

-N-
03-31-2005, 06:11 AM
Gold chocobos can cross the ocean and enter islands where an airship cannot land.

Brian The Pink Shark
03-31-2005, 05:13 PM
they are also extremely fast :choc:

Sepho
03-31-2005, 10:23 PM
The chocobo breeding sidequest is the most beneficial one in the game (and I'm one of the few who actually enjoy it, it seems). Many consider Knights of the Round reason enough to go through with it, but Mime is just just as invaluable to me when going up against the Weapons (though, granted, you don't need a Gold chocobo to get Mime).

Syncope
03-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Ah yes but a Gold Chocobo is easier to get than any other chocobo. Because all you have to do is beat the one of the weapons and you have it. Though I still enjoy raising a Chocobo.

Sepho
03-31-2005, 11:33 PM
And it's easier to beat the Weapons when you have a few items that can only be acquired by means of a Gold Chocobo. Plus, the Gold Chocobo that the Kalm traveller gives you isn't as great for racing as one you can breed yourself.

I can understand players not wanting to go through all that, though I personally like the sidequest.

TheAbominatrix
03-31-2005, 11:47 PM
I thought the chocobo raising option was one of the most enjoyable things in the game... heck, the most enjoyable thing in a lot of the games.

Perducci
04-01-2005, 09:26 PM
I don't know what it is, but something makes me always want to do that sidequest...

Lenna
04-04-2005, 11:14 PM
I spent hours trying to breed gold chocobo's and in the end it was well worth it lol. Although I still dont know everywhere to go on them :( I got the summon knights of the round and mime. But isn't there more places than 2?

JunotDe
04-05-2005, 12:25 AM
I've always hated doing chocobo stuff and never got into it but Im jus about to start my quest in getting a gold chocobo

Khimbar
04-05-2005, 04:10 AM
There are a total of 4 secret Chocobo breeding quest areas. KOtR is found in the NE part of the map and is not displayed. Mime is on Wutai and you only need a Green. I cant remember the materia name for the life of me, but there is one at the end of the archipalegeo if islands to the east of Mideel. You only need a river chocobo to reach it, and you need a Black Chocobo to reach the HP<->MP Switch materia to the...north(?) of ...well, North Corel. And am I the Only person to find Qactuar Island? I can give the location...

mike without a hat
04-05-2005, 07:25 PM
And am I the Only person to find Qactuar Island?

No

Lenna
04-05-2005, 07:27 PM
thanks Khimbar :)