PDA

View Full Version : The EoFF RPG

nik0tine
03-31-2005, 09:02 AM
Lately I was thinking that it would be sort of fun/cool to get a team of EoFF'ers to make our own RPG for all of us here at EoFF.

I don't exactly know how to go about doing that, but I know that people have made thier own RPG's in the past. One program that immediately sprongs to mind is RPG maker. I do not know if there are any other programs out there.

As for how this is going to be done.. The way I see it, I think we could get people to focus on one or two aspects of the game. For example, I don't know how to work RPG maker, but I can compose part of the soundrtack to the game. (Or at least try!) I have asked Black Orb to draw the characters and whatnot. His incredible artistic talents could add to the games own personal flavor. (At least I think so)

Also, I was thinking that everyone could offer idea's and suggestions for the storyline.

So, this is the basis of my idea. This thread exists for two purposes
One: To help it grow
and Two: To put this idea into motion.

So, if you are interested say so. If you can participate in this project, that would be even better! At the moment, I have no idea how to actually go about making the game. That is not my area of expertise, music is. So in order to get anything done, we desperately need someone who at least knows how to work with RPG maker, or some other program.

Anyways, this idea is only half baked right now, but hopefully this thread will help make things clearer, and possibly even make things happen.

Jebus
03-31-2005, 09:06 AM
I used to be pretty decent with RPG maker, but it's been awhile. I MIGHT be able to get back into it and relearn the scripts and such, but I've got finals coming up, and have no time.

Heath
03-31-2005, 09:54 AM
It's definitely something interesting, and something I'd be interested in seeing the final result of, though I doubt I could contribute much other than just opinions on various aspects.

Citizen Bleys
03-31-2005, 01:36 PM
An EoFF RPG made with RPGM already exists; see: EoFF: Sick Irony

Heath
03-31-2005, 02:10 PM
An EoFF RPG made with RPGM already exists; see: EoFF: Sick Irony

I thought he meant it was going to be an original RPG, not one based around EoFF and its members like Sick Irony.

Citizen Bleys
03-31-2005, 02:41 PM
It still wouldn't be as funny.

Dignified Pauper
03-31-2005, 04:15 PM
I think there needs to be something made with RM (whatever version) that is more like a movie... a reality TV show involving like 10 members of EoFF.

Levian
03-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Yay, I knew Sick Irony was going to be mentioned even though it has nothing to do with the topic. I win. :roll:

Sepho
03-31-2005, 09:44 PM
If you get enough people who are interested, I'd find some way to contribute. I'm not big on RPG Maker, but I could do some Photoshopping if need be. I think doing the menu design in particular would be fun.

Ultima Shadow
03-31-2005, 10:01 PM
IF this is meant to be a game based on EoFF... then the KO status should be renamed "Banned". :cool:

Psychotic
03-31-2005, 10:02 PM
Yay, I knew Sick Irony was going to be mentioned even though it has nothing to do with the topic. I win. :roll:Seriously.

But yeah, I can handle RPGM2k pretty well.

strawberryman
03-31-2005, 10:31 PM
I'm working on one right now.
http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58122

nik0tine
03-31-2005, 10:56 PM
This is not an RPG based on EoFF. It will be an origional RPG, probably made up of a staff of EoFF members. (Because I don't know who else to ask). Thanks for replying to this thread though, everyone. It would be cool to see this actually take off.

strawberryman
04-01-2005, 04:05 AM
This is not an RPG based on EoFF. It will be an origional RPG, probably made up of a staff of EoFF members. (Because I don't know who else to ask). Thanks for replying to this thread though, everyone. It would be cool to see this actually take off.
oh. Okay.
I would volunteer, but i'm loyal to RPG toolkit. ;)

Meat Puppet
04-01-2005, 04:10 AM
Babies can make games in RM2k with their eyes closed.

nik0tine
04-01-2005, 04:20 AM
oh. Okay.
I would volunteer, but i'm loyal to RPG toolkit.

I don't know what that is, but if it is a better program than RPGmaker we could use that. Unfortunately, I don't know of any other programs. If there are other, better programs out there, and we have people with the skills to use them, then why not?

Babies can make games in RM2k with their eyes closed. But Im not a baby.

strawberryman
04-01-2005, 04:23 AM
In no way is RPG toolkit better than RPG maker.
I just like the fact that RPGTK is free. Plus it's majorly compatible.
And the creator made a special RPG code that makes things a helluva lot easier.
but RPG maker is probably still better. ;)

Hawkeye
04-01-2005, 04:41 AM
I'm not into programming and all that fancy stuff, but I wouldn't mind if I could help out with like the story and the english department stuff. Anyways, I'll try to help in anyway I can, this idea sounds kickass

strawberryman
04-01-2005, 04:44 AM
I'm not into programming and all that fancy stuff, but I wouldn't mind if I could help out with like the story and the english department stuff. Anyways, I'll try to help in anyway I can, this idea sounds kickass
Yeah, I could always help with that as well.

KaintheDragoon80
04-01-2005, 05:19 AM
I have RPG Maker, but am not that experienced in it to create such a terrific RPG that all of you guys will make. I can help with the story, or characters, or something like that. nik0tine and all you guys, we need to find a very experienced RPG Maker player to create this, and we need to decide who it will be, to be the main man in charge of actually making this RPG. Just some ideas guys (and gals!) :).

nik0tine
04-15-2005, 07:04 AM
Im bumping this up. Are there any volunteers?

Shlup
04-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Sick Irony is old anyway. All the characters in it are either gone or should be. :p

Sepho
04-15-2005, 12:41 PM
I'd volunteer, and I was just going to find this topic. I've messed around with RPG Toolkit a little bit in the last couple days, and while I still have no clue how it really works, I understand the power the user has over creating custom menus and what have you.

I'd say look into it. I want to design the menus/interface, but I'm sure I may be able to contribute in other ways.

Dreddz
04-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Im not talented enough to make it but im up for it I guess

Rusty
04-15-2005, 01:50 PM
I can't do programming or anything like that (because I dont know how). But I would be happy to offer my writing talents for the story or whatever :)

Dignified Pauper
04-15-2005, 07:50 PM
I still think you should make a "game" that's more like a reality TV spoof with some character of EoFF... like... Jojo, and Bob, and Psy, and Proto, and Del all in a house... like the REAL WORLD!

The Captain
04-15-2005, 08:43 PM
How will you decide who gets cast in this game, Nik? Perhaps a voting period for everyone to decide?

Best of luck to you.

Take care all.

Psychotic
04-15-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm making an RPG on RM2k at the moment. And it's based on EoFF. It's BAoTW: AWESOMEST GAME EVER (That's the name) and it really is the awesomest game ever. :D

But I'm not sure if I will post it on EoFF. If people want it, they'll have to find it...when it's done, of course. Done a nice bit of it already. :D

-N-
04-15-2005, 09:22 PM
I'll be a part of it / be in it / hang around like I'm cool enough / push my ideas while shooting down everyone else's and don't do any actual work, yeah, sure. :p

I like the KO --> Banned suggestion. :D

nik0tine
04-16-2005, 05:53 PM
How will you decide who gets cast in this game, Nik? Perhaps a voting period for everyone to decide?
I wasn't planning on turning this into an RPG about EoFF, but more like a real RPG made by EoFF members for EoFF members. Hell, we could call it FUBU!!

black orb
04-16-2005, 07:02 PM
>>> Hey Nik0tine, whenever you come up with something let me know and I can help you with the art and char design..
I like the idea of create a "generic" RPG, and not one based on EoFF..

-N-
04-16-2005, 09:06 PM
I wasn't planning on turning this into an RPG about EoFF, but more like a real RPG made by EoFF members for EoFF members. Hell, we could call it FUBU!!
HOLY CRAP I WOULD SO PLAY IT :D

I'd also like to suggest the Hungry Hungry Hippos as a boss fight. :D

KoShiatar
04-16-2005, 09:14 PM
If I can be of any help, I'm here.
I can help with the story and some sprite/face graphics.