PDA

View Full Version : Do you like to use Selphie in your party?

Shrub
03-31-2005, 03:43 PM
I don't becuase I never use her so shes extremly weak on my game.

Y-Rikku-P
03-31-2005, 04:10 PM
No, I don't like her either, in fact I found all the females extremely weak and so never bothered using them. I don't know if maybe that is one of the reasons I don't like the game because I didn't play it to the full.

mauiemau
03-31-2005, 04:21 PM
It doesn't really matter to me, because with the Junction-System you can make her as strong as you want and her Limit-Break is pretty useful :)

Destai
03-31-2005, 04:37 PM
No I dont think I ever used her fully throughout any time I played through the game. I normally used Squall, Rinoa and Quistis or Squall, Rinoa and Zell.

crazybayman
03-31-2005, 04:56 PM
I found Selphie good as the support and cure magic person, but I found Rinoa better in that role. My party was usually Squall, Zell Rinoa, although by the end of the game everyone was at level 100.

That said, the only people I had anything junctioned to in the final battle were Squall, Zell and Rinoa. I didn't even have to use Selphie. I actually let Quistis and Irvine die, hehe, so I could get to the junctioned people.

Shrub
03-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Yeah my partys always squall,zell,rinoa

Destination0
04-01-2005, 01:19 AM
no because her limit break us almost useless to me

rubah
04-01-2005, 01:25 AM
I don't really like the amount of time her limit takes to get anything good. But I think she's in my party right now. (Usually it's Squall, Rinoa and Irvine) 'cause I just got done levelling her to 100.

(how on earth can you say the females are weak fighters? You *can* control stats you know.)

DocFrance
04-01-2005, 02:10 AM
The female characters are weak because of their desperations attacks. After all, desperation attacks are the only things in this game that make the characters different. Squall's, Zell's, and Irvine's desperation attacks all hit multiple times, making it very easy for them to do massive damage. The same can't be said for Selphie's or Quistis's attacks, and Rinoa's multiple-hit attack is rare and unpredictable.

There's also the fact that, of the three female characters, two are completely undeveloped beyond "naughty teacher" and "I like trains!", and the third one is a useless whore.

Mo-Nercy
04-01-2005, 03:08 AM
Once. I really really really really wanted to see The End.

Shrub
04-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Once. I really really really really wanted to see The End.
me too but i never get it every time i use her

Rinoa Heartilly
04-01-2005, 03:36 PM
My static party was Squall, Rinoa & Selphie
Maybe I'm lucky but I got "The End" a lot (it still makes me chuckle ^^)
Even if you can control statts (which I love about this game) there still are some differences between the characters, so usually I end up using Squall for fighting Rinoa for curing and Selphie for casting
And imho there limits are far from useless, they saved me a number of times, the first time playing through I did the end boss fight with squall at lvl 47 being my highest and the rest being about 40, with pure luck Rinoa's limit got me through^^
And while at level 100 it gets a lot easier, their limits are still very useful imho

Cybele
04-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Yeah. My party is Squall, Quistis, and Selphie. Squall is the main fighter, Quistis is the support fighter, and Selphie is the mage. It actually was an okay party.

Heath
04-01-2005, 04:43 PM
I generally used a party of Squall, Zell and Irvine, as has been said earlier in the thread, they have limit breaks that hit multiple times.

I've never been fond of Selphie, probably the character I've used least in FFVIII, as generally I used Quistis or Rinoa if I wanted a female. I have seen The End though, when a friend used a cheat disc to make it a magic anyone could use and have 99 of.

SeeDRankLou
04-01-2005, 06:24 PM
I use Selphie every once in a while. Her Full-Cure comes up quite often, and it's always very helpful. Not to mention that she does have some pretty awesome spells in her Slots. Rapture is like a Degenerator on all enemies, and it comes up fairly regularly. Once I got Meteor x 27, and BGH251F2 went down like a rock in a pond. Not to mention that he has a decent strength stat, and her weapons have pretty good Hit%.

Sepho
04-01-2005, 06:30 PM
It's been said multiple times that the Junction system more or less puts everyone on an equal plane as far as statistics go, so I round out my party by choosing characters whose limit breaks I like.

I usually have a party of Squall, Irvine, and Rinoa. I like Irvine's shot especially, but I've never really been a fan of Zell's limit breaks. They're too interactive for my tastes. :p

Social Moon Firesky
04-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Ya, I use Selphie, like, all the time. She rocks! Also, she's got the highest speed stats than any of the other characters, which is useful.

Sweet Beloved
04-01-2005, 07:46 PM
Nah. I never use Selphie. Not that i don't like her or anything, i just never use her.
My party is Squall, Zell, and Rinoa. I don't care too much for Irvine or Quistis. But i hear Quistis' limit breaks are pretty cool. I dunno

rubah
04-02-2005, 05:53 AM
and Rinoa's multiple-hit attack is rare and unpredictable.

You never saw the value in getting rid of all her offensive and status magic except meteor did you.

Slade
04-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Selphie is great! I use her quite alot. Her slots are really helpfull, specially when your magic stat is on 255 (same with Quistis). It seems like everyone here uses the same party every time they play. I cycle thru the charcters i didnt use as my main party on the last game. So if i used Selphie and Quistis on my last game i would pick a different 2 for my next game and so on...... :D

Zante
04-02-2005, 10:36 AM
I started using her when Rinoa went in the coma , and as it took me a lot of time before finding the seed ship, I got her leveled up a lot and continued using her.

Nod
04-02-2005, 11:59 AM
in a word, NO. :D

Rusty
04-02-2005, 03:26 PM
I like to use her sometimes, she's a good fighter is you spend time building up her stats and her level. True, she is weak at the start of the game, but like I said, when you build her stats and level and junction the right GF to her, she's pretty good.

nik0tine
04-02-2005, 03:33 PM
I use her all the time. My main party consists of Rinoa, Selphie, and Squall.

Shoden
04-02-2005, 04:04 PM
my Main party is Squall Irvine and Rinoa

Rinoa is a good caster get her defence up (which aint easy) and she can save you

but the junction system can make everyone god like if you use it properly

Irvine well get the right bullets and timing and you have an awesome attack

Squall his limit break is cool but his lion heart is so rare to happen for me

Del Murder
04-02-2005, 06:16 PM
All the time. Full-Cure is a lifesaver.

kikimm
04-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Well, yeah. I made sure I had everybody levelled up to 100, for some silly reason (perhaps I just wanted to spend more time with the game), so she was in it at one point or another. If I had to choose, though, I'd only have Squall, Rinoa, and Irvine in my party. They were my three favorite characters from that game, and all of their limit breaks I like, so voila! :bigsmile:

:D

BackRoomKid
04-03-2005, 09:16 AM
her full cure rocks...comes in handy a lot!

Rinen
04-03-2005, 10:20 AM
Throughout most of the game, I never use any character moreso than any other (except for squall since you can't really get rid of him), so all my characters were great. I always take Selphie in a boss fight because you never know what might happen to you. But as I near the end of the game, it usually ends up sticking to Squall, Rinoa, and Quistis/Zell.

fahadalhasan
04-10-2005, 07:49 PM
I used her she was an okay character! :D

Moerae
04-11-2005, 06:36 AM
she's not too bad... rapture and full-cure are great... but if i have to chose one of the female characters... it would have to be rinoa. no idea why. just more useful maybe. *shrugs*

HybridFan
04-12-2005, 12:03 AM
whoa she was good "The End" is the strongest attack in the game, it will kill anything even bosses. It had a pretty cool animation too.

Faris
04-12-2005, 04:07 AM
Yes, I did. She was a big help near the end of the game when the battles got harder, because of her limit break "Cure All" (is that what it's called?). She was more like a white mage for me, rather than a fighter.

nirojan
04-13-2005, 12:11 AM
No, really she wasn't that good!!!!

Xaven
04-13-2005, 06:02 AM
Yup. My party always consists of Squall (duh), Quistis, and Selphie.

Luc
04-13-2005, 06:32 AM
Yeah, I actually used her quite a lot toward the end.

Ultima Shadow
04-13-2005, 07:02 AM
Nope, I don't use her. :greenie:

nik0tine
04-13-2005, 08:21 AM
I like to scan Selphie so I can look up her skirt. That's why she is always in my party.

**ShadowZone**
04-13-2005, 08:38 AM
I only used Selphie sometimes because I thought she was hot, thats it...

Swordicanus
04-16-2005, 11:59 PM
Do you like to use Selphie in your party?
NO

DestinyGundam
04-17-2005, 03:45 AM
I user her sometimes, but I mostly use Squall, Zell and Irvine.

SilverPhoenix42
04-17-2005, 04:09 AM
I might have used her more at the end, but I always liked Rinoa better. I used Squall, Zell, and Rinoa, but I guess I could have used Selphie more, 'cause those limits are really cool...

Social Moon Firesky
04-17-2005, 12:47 PM
I like Selphie 'cos she's funny. And I look like her. Almost.

ehsteve
04-17-2005, 08:53 PM
Selphie was ok early game when she could cast powerful spells like Firaga, but whe was kind of useless late game when everybody could cast powerful spells at any time.

fire_of_avalon
04-17-2005, 09:23 PM
Well, I'm a bad person because I've only played FFVIII through once, and during that one time I leveled Rinoa, Squall and Irvine into the lower seventies and Zell, Quistis and Selphie remained in.... the twenties.

So no, I didn't use her that much. However, I did think she was decent early in the game when I used her more often.

Shrub
04-23-2005, 05:39 PM
when i defeated ultimecia selphie was only lv10 yet squall and rinoa were at lv100 and zell at lv92

Social Moon Firesky
04-23-2005, 07:01 PM
Squall, Rinoa and Zell were my main party for a while, but I changed after being lead to believe that Selphie died in the explosion. I was sooooo happy when I found out she was alive, I instantly put her in my party.

sayen
04-23-2005, 11:18 PM
sephie and squall + one random namless and gf less char usaly zell cause of long limit = reaky hard for bosses to beat i attack and let there hp go yellow then set up resnuken deul and full cure and start again diablos is realy realy realy easy if you do that even if you only do 50 damage a hit

Hearts
04-24-2005, 11:56 PM
I don't really enjoy having Selphie because she's too happy and Hyper. She's kind of annoying if you ask me. Lol, but I enjoy having Squall, Rinoa, and Zell together as my party the most.