PDA

View Full Version : Disc 2: Owl Forest ->Black Mage Village

BackRoomKid
03-31-2005, 10:24 PM
What the FRICK!? I've played IX a few times before...but, lol...i'm actually stuck! I'm at the point of the Owl trail, you know "<-where there are owls/ where there are NO owls ->" But I read the sign where it SUPPOSED to say that and it just reads "this road leads to a dead end" and that's it...anything i need to do? I tried taking both trails and leaving the place but the owls still stay there and the sign reads the same thing...anybody got a clue what's up?

Sepho
03-31-2005, 10:35 PM
I believe the specific directions are Right, Right, Left, Right, or something close to that.

I know the very first path you're supposed to take is the right one. After you go off-screen, you'll notice that the owl flies from its stoop down one of the paths. Go down that path that the owl took. From there, just repeat the process: follow the owl. You should end up in the Black Mage Village before too long.

BackRoomKid
03-31-2005, 10:43 PM
i'll try that combo...anyone ever had the sign read "this road leads to a dead end" before? I don't remember the sign EVER reading that

eestlinc
03-31-2005, 11:20 PM
did you go to Conde Petie first and see the black mage run off toward the forest?

BackRoomKid
03-31-2005, 11:21 PM
^^^just about to say that...i neglected to go do Conde Petite....ah well...thanx...at least my characters have learned all the abilities and raised up the stats

eestlinc
03-31-2005, 11:30 PM
:D usually when you are stuck it's because you forgot to do something else that is supposed to come beforehand. I have this problem a lot when I replay games because I already know what to do so I try to do things too early.

Sepho
03-31-2005, 11:41 PM
Ah, well, yeah. Do that whole thing, too :p .

BackRoomKid
04-01-2005, 04:37 AM
:D usually when you are stuck it's because you forgot to do something else that is supposed to come beforehand. I have this problem a lot when I replay games because I already know what to do so I try to do things too early.

lol...seriously, i do have the strategy guide...but that's not really helpful "go to playOnline to find out how to beat this boss!" well...too bad it's not online anymore

Sepho
04-01-2005, 05:12 AM
I hear you on that one. The Brady Games FF9 guide was nothing short of horrible. Phrases like "Go to PlayOnline.com for the scoop" were prevalent in the majority of the guide. I wouldn't have a problem with that so much if that wasn't the reason I bought the guide :p.

Del Murder
04-03-2005, 03:22 AM
A similar topic can be found at this link, it might help:

http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58379

ruby_91
05-02-2005, 02:10 PM
What the FRICK!? I've played IX a few times before...but, lol...i'm actually stuck! I'm at the point of the Owl trail, you know "<-where there are owls/ where there are NO owls ->" But I read the sign where it SUPPOSED to say that and it just reads "this road leads to a dead end" and that's it...anything i need to do? I tried taking both trails and leaving the place but the owls still stay there and the sign reads the same thing...anybody got a clue what's up?
just continue to go down the road that the sign says has no owls. it might take some time, but just read the sign every time to make sure you're not going the wrong way. eventually the owls will fly away.