PDA

View Full Version : Light vs. Dark

strawberryman
03-31-2005, 11:55 PM
If you were in a book, video game, or whatever kind of fictional story you can think of, what side would you be on?

I say i'd be on the fencesitter kind of position. Although I hate people who do so. :p

Rye
03-31-2005, 11:56 PM
I'd be one of those annoying people who go from one side to the other conquering their inner demons that usually end up dissapearing. Kinda like that weird guy from Transformers.

Dr.K
03-31-2005, 11:57 PM
I'd be someone who was on the light side, but the sun wouldn't shine out of my backside. Kind of a cold, mysterious goodie-goodie.

Meat Puppet
03-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Why is light good and dark evil?

Apollo
03-31-2005, 11:58 PM
I would be on the good side! :catsmile:

strawberryman
03-31-2005, 11:59 PM
It's just a general consensus of what people think.
They like the light, hate the dark.

Sepho
03-31-2005, 11:59 PM
I say i'd be on the fencesitter kind of position. Although I hate people who do so. :p

That's where I'm at on most issues.

I don't think one is more fun than the other. To use KOTOR as an example, I've went through the game with both a Light- and Dark Side character, and neither was more enjoyable than the other.

If I had to choose, though, being the bad guy would be pretty nifty. Having no boundaries has to be a lot of fun.

Psychotic
04-01-2005, 12:01 AM
I'd be the good guy who gets a spell cast on him or captured by fairy elf philosophical goblins or bribed with a large waffle or something and then turns evil, but then I'd fall off somewhere high, bump my head and inexplicably become good again.

strawberryman
04-01-2005, 12:04 AM
If I had to choose, though, being the bad guy would be pretty nifty. Having no boundaries has to be a lot of fun.
Meh. I probably would be, knowing me.Unfortunately, regardless of the seething evil I have underneath my psyche, I still have quite a positive demeanor.
Let's just say I'm the most negative positive person ever.

ShunNakamura
04-01-2005, 12:05 AM

Read The Magic of Recluce and The Death of Chaos by L.E. Modesitt JR. It has the opposite being true.. and makes a very good explanation of why.. I mean I know see dark/black as good and light/white as bad... I mean those books make it very reasonable.

Now onto the topic at hand(*fanfare*)-

I would be nuetral. I would help people if they were hurt and in trouble no matter if they were good or bad... And I would always help the good.. cause even good people may bring about bad things. I would balance the scale.

Caspian
04-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Well, in books, video games, and other fictional stories, I always enjoy reading about the archetypal warriors with huge, shiny plate mail swinging gigantic swords at the archetypal warlocks who shoot pestilence from their eyes and whatnot.

However, if I were actually inserted into one of these stories, I would most likely be on the evil side of the fence, because I am apathetic about a lot of things, and apathy is usually viewed as a bad thing as far as good and bad psyches.

Del Murder
04-01-2005, 01:50 AM
I try to be good. It's hard sometimes.

Yamaneko
04-01-2005, 01:59 AM
Being good or evil requires work. A fencesitter can post at a messageboard.

WildRaubtier
04-01-2005, 02:28 AM
I post, what does that mean?

Rase
04-01-2005, 03:54 AM
Good guys always win!

StarlightAngel
04-01-2005, 04:02 AM
I'd be a fallen angel who was actually good :cool:

Shlup
04-01-2005, 04:22 AM
I love the characters that aren't necessarily neutral, but you're not really sure what side they're on. Muahaha.

Jebus
04-01-2005, 04:31 AM
I'd be one of those people go between the sides, because things aren't black and white good/evil. Sometimes doing a bad thing is necessary.

KuRt
04-01-2005, 04:57 AM
Evil all the way

Dolentrean
04-01-2005, 04:59 AM
I would be one of those guys who is very dark, a person people try to avoid, yet is a good guy and a good person doing what he knows is right. People around would probably sometimes have trouble seeing who he is.

I have always seen light and dark as entirely different than good or evil. I think the reason people see dark as evil is people use darkness to there advantage yet if the darkness becomes to strong you can become lost and lose yourself. But people often don’t realize that light is the same, light is used as darkness is used, yet if it becomes to strong one can lose his way and become blinded. People are often afraid of darkness because it holds the unknown and people often fear or misperceive something that they don’t understand.

Looking at in in a physical way though, in the darkness, if a person cant see, there other senses will become stronger in its place, yet if light becomes to powerful it burns your eyes and hurts you permanently, leaving you blinded.

I have always found peoples views on dark/light evil/good interesting, and I have never perceived it as such. Those are some of my views on the light-dark issue.

Jebus
04-01-2005, 05:15 AM
Light and dark are the same thing. Dark is just the absence of light. You can't just see things in two perspectives. You must see the entire spectrum.

strawberryman
04-01-2005, 05:18 AM
Light and dark are the same thing. Dark is just the absence of light. You can't just see things in two perspectives. You must see the entire spectrum.
Hmm... Mods, feel free to change the thread name, if you want.
Not to fall in the minds of various Squenix villians, but darkness pretty much is unremovable.
Light causes shadows... If you know what I mean.

Kirobaito
04-01-2005, 05:21 AM
Cowboys have to be good.

nik0tine
04-01-2005, 06:25 AM
And Texas Rangers have to be even better!

CloudSquallandZidane
04-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Im between Evil and Twilight, but closer to evil.

Quina
04-01-2005, 06:37 AM
If you leave the switch in the middle sparks come out of it.

FallenSilence
04-01-2005, 07:34 AM
I'd be evil. Or an evil good guy.

**ShadowZone**
04-01-2005, 07:35 AM
I would have to go with Evil. :hot:

Chocobointraining
04-01-2005, 07:51 AM
Neutral that tends to lead more towards good, but if bad has a good outcome for me, I might consider it instead. :D