PDA

View Full Version : Xenosaga!?

ViVincent
04-01-2005, 04:15 AM
I recently started to play this game after about a full year of letting it sit. I thought it was boring and slow at the beginning but about 2 hours in it has become one of my fav. games in along time. KOS-MOS is sooooooooo goood. *drools

What say u about it?

Necronopticous
04-01-2005, 04:17 AM
I think you're right.

nik0tine
04-01-2005, 04:18 AM
I have to agree with you. Im busy playing it for my first time through right this very minute. It's a great game.

Sepho
04-01-2005, 04:28 AM
I think it's great. It does start slow, but nevertheless, I think the video:gameplay ratio is hugely overstated. Yeah, there's a lot of movies, but I didn't find it too overwhelming, and they all serve a purpose.

edczxcvbnm
04-01-2005, 05:22 AM
The video to gameplay gets to be the exact opposite near the end of the game.

DocFrance
04-01-2005, 06:50 AM
It's a good game, but it would be a lot better if Shion wasn't an overwhelmingly stupid ditz.

And be careful with chaos - he's packin' heat.

Vyk
04-01-2005, 07:49 AM
I enjoyed the game. But it was kind of a let down. I was expecting something really deep and confusing and epic and whatnot, as it was supposed to be related to Xenogears. (Rumored to be a prequel, but now it's merely set in the same universe). But I suppose that's kind of unfair. Even if it is a lot of the same people. I'm hugely bias towars Xenogears. But like I said, I did enjoy Xenosaga. Just not as much. And never really brought myself to beat it.. there's just nothing driving me unfortunately. And I'm like .. right at the last two bosses or something. I think anyway. I know I'm on that final place. A ship or space station with Albedo. It's been a long time... I should probably just get it over with just to say I've completed it.

Dreddz
04-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Wasnt released in the UK and pissed me off. A re-release of all episodes in a year of so

SeeDRankLou
04-01-2005, 06:18 PM
I'm currently at the Song of Nephilim. Knowing that it is part one of six, it is a really good intro game, and I like it. The battle system does tend to get a bit mundane, but I can live with that. I wish that someone would have mentioned the whole scene-skip feature, because sometimes there's like a thirty minute cut scene followed by a boss fight that I wasn't prepared for and thus I die. So I have to wade through the cut scene again, only to find out that I wasn't properly prepared for the boss fight, and I die again. And I have to wade through the cut scene again.

But it has been a good game, and it really makes me want to play the second.

Vyk
04-01-2005, 06:29 PM
One of six was just a proposition. A theory. Intending that it was originally meant as a prequel to Xenogears. But given the fact that Squeenix owns the rights to that game and all mention of anything in it, Monolith has to tread lightly around it. So it can't really be part of their series. I believe they still planned on making 6 games, and the last two would happen in/around the same time frame as XG. But then they lost (one of) the biggest script writer(s). Last I heard they're considering trimming down their schemes of granduer. So I wouldn't expect too many more games. But it is plausible. Though I have a bad feeling that the quality will just keep going down... I've heard bad things about 2. And now the team is handicapped. Doesn't look good...

Skystone
04-02-2005, 06:00 AM
I heard somewhere that either Namco or Monolith Soft bought back the rights to the Xeno series. Anybody know if that's at all true?

As for Xenosaga's plot; it's larger than it immediately appears. Some pieces are just subtle.

Anyway, the series is good.

Vyk
04-09-2005, 07:03 AM
I have hopes that they can re-capture whatever it was that made me fall so desperately in love with XG. But neither XS game really captured my attention. I couldn't even finish the first one. I hope they got the rights back and I hope it helps tremendously. But I still have my doubts :(

Shoeberto
04-09-2005, 07:30 PM
It was a neat game. I just really started to hate the lack of music and static camera angle by the end of the game.

Destai
04-09-2005, 09:10 PM
I just thought I should mention that I hate Namco. Thank you, that will be all.

CloudDragon
04-09-2005, 09:52 PM
Not as good as Xenogears, but still a solid game. I'm in the middle of Episode II.

Pouring Rain
04-13-2005, 01:02 AM
Um, the game is great and all. I hate Jr. and there is no one who can stop me. He is so playing MOMO. A bullet is a good luck charm. Sure, if you want to die!!!!!!! But whatever. I'm stuck in KOS-MOS, and I really need her. I don't mean the first time. I mean when you are ducking the searchlights and etc. Can someone give me a spoiler? I am itching to know whats next. I hate Nephilms voice. And she has a horrible world with is named after her singing? I hope she never sings the way her world looks.

Wiegrahf42
04-13-2005, 03:04 AM
It's a good game, but it would be a lot better if Shion wasn't an overwhelmingly stupid ditz.

I hear ya man I hear ya. All in all it is a good game. Albedo's an excellent villain, ranks up with Id and Grahf (my favorite RPG villains).
However I've stopped playing EPII the gameplay was dumbed down too much.

cloud20747
04-13-2005, 03:16 AM
I'm currently at the Song of Nephilim. Knowing that it is part one of six, it is a really good intro game, and I like it. The battle system does tend to get a bit mundane, but I can live with that. I wish that someone would have mentioned the whole scene-skip feature, because sometimes there's like a thirty minute cut scene followed by a boss fight that I wasn't prepared for and thus I die. So I have to wade through the cut scene again, only to find out that I wasn't properly prepared for the boss fight, and I die again. And I have to wade through the cut scene again.

But it has been a good game, and it really makes me want to play the second.
I know what you mean I'm fighting Albedo(Second to last boss) in the Song of Nephilim. But there it's like cutscene, Fight Albedo then final Boss without save or healing. The final boss is fairly easy he just caught me with a cheap move. I still like the movie I mean game

Trumpet Thief
04-13-2005, 04:41 AM
chaos: It was a very good game indeed. I liked the many long movies, as some of them had scenes of action, or important parts to the story. Gameplay wise, it was alright. When I reached the final level, things really did start to heat up. :D

ughhis
04-13-2005, 02:29 PM
Great.
Except the sometimes icky voice-acting. Albedo, Rubedo and Nigredo are sooo cute. :)

Pouring Rain
04-13-2005, 10:34 PM
Uhh, I have only seen Albedo once so forgive me if I'm wrong. Albedo has white hair? WTF is going on with the Fing world?? And I think MOMO is so cute and that KOS-MOS should teach MOMO how to be a more sensitive her. MOMO looks up to her as a role model, you know? chaos is a video game Michael Jackson. Creepy.

Wiegrahf42
04-14-2005, 12:17 AM
Oh you think Chaos acts like Micheal Jackson? You haven't seen anything yet. *shiver* I've said too much.

Destai
04-16-2005, 01:49 PM
Im possibly the largest Xenosaga fan whos never played either game :D
Can I ask, Is there a link between Chaos and MOMO? They look very similar except for chaos's tan and white hair and I read a character discription of Albedo saying hes often seen in the company of *insert random species* looking similarto Momo except for of course, Skin and hair colour.

Sepho
04-16-2005, 02:05 PM
There's more a link between Chaos and the other character you mentioned than there is with Momo. I can't think of a good way to answer your question without potential spoilers.

Dreddz
04-16-2005, 03:26 PM
I just thought I should mention that I hate Namco. Thank you, that will be all.

Me too

square_is_the_best
04-17-2005, 03:06 AM
Xenosaga is awesome. I was an instant convert. Its worth it just to see the impressive storyline. Yes, I like it more than Final Fantasy...did I just say that? Anyways, can't wait for the nest one.

By the way, there is background music in the 2nd one and in ONE area of the first. Its in Proto Merkabah. Quite an enchanting tune, I think.

Destai
04-17-2005, 11:39 PM
You see, I was just gonna give in and read the script over gamefaq's but then I saw this trailer http://www.namco.com/games/xenosaga/
Now Im determined to get a mod chip or flip cover or something! Ive already ordered the soundtrack for II after burning episode I's.

Monol
04-18-2005, 01:24 AM
I thought that game was pretty kewl...i only played a little bit though (chaos is my favorite character so far...which freightens me in a sort cause of all the things im hearing about the guy...(he IS a guy right?! do i smell a strange unimportant twist?! :eek: ) but anyways it was pretty kewl...im currently playing xenogears to see what all the hubbub is about and i gotta say i was real disappointed for awhile...BUT now things are starting to look good...really...really good.. :cool: i like them both so far...and can somone explain to me how xenogears tyes in with xenosagas? I heard it was like the 5th in the series or somthing like that :mad: o well...i think its a kewl game...yea :D

CloudDragon
04-18-2005, 01:36 AM
The only relations Xenosaga has with Xenogears are minor such as the Zohar existing in both universes. In reality, the world of Xenosaga and Xenogears are not the same and Xenogears is not Episode 5 of the Xenosaga series.

square_is_the_best
04-18-2005, 03:21 AM
The connection is the "Xeno-" in both names. Duh. Thats all I know.

Skystone
04-18-2005, 04:48 AM
The only relations Xenosaga has with Xenogears are minor such as the Zohar existing in both universes. In reality, the world of Xenosaga and Xenogears are not the same and Xenogears is not Episode 5 of the Xenosaga series.
Xenogears is Episode Five of Six of the Xenogears series! :tongue:

(The other five just never got made.)

In any case, Xenosaga has potential but it's difficult for me to give it a true rating without playing an entire story arc. And as for it's relation to Xenogears It does take place in the year that Perfect Works says the Eldridge was launched with Deus, so I'd be surprised if there's no link.

Pouring Rain
04-23-2005, 02:44 AM
Lost here.

Mercen-X
04-27-2005, 08:21 PM
You could also say that Xenosaga was related to the SaGa series.

Destai
04-27-2005, 08:24 PM
not really, Saga is a dictionary word unlike xeno.

Pouring Rain
05-22-2005, 08:00 PM
What does Saga mean?

Ashi
05-26-2005, 10:20 PM
I tried to find Xenogears years back but I guess it was just never released around here. Tried online retailers but they would either be out of stock or just don't deliver. Anyways, in Xenosaga I gave up trying to follow the stories. The long cut scenes bored me so I kept skipping them and just playing for battles. I'm playing Xenosaga II now and found myself bored to death of all this going back and forth during certain quests. I almost feel like quitting and playing another game because at this point I'm just forcing myself to play.