PDA

View Full Version : KH question, late game spoilers.

Psychotic
04-01-2005, 05:56 PM
OK, I spent the past few days replaying KH, and I beat it today, and I noticed this oddity. After leaving Hollow Bastion, you have to go get a special Navi-G piece which Cid hid in order to return, right? Cid says he hid it 9 years ago when he first got to Traverse Town. Nothing wrong there, right?

Well, as you all know there are barriers to all worlds which were destroyed by Ansem, as recorded in his report. Ansem discovered a secret door and opened it, and he then noticed a "meteor shower" made up of gummi blocks - this was obviously a Gummi ship landing, able to do so as Ansem had broken the barrier to other worlds. The next entry in his report says he spoke to a King who arrived in a Gummi Ship about the Keyblade (Obviously King Mickey). And we all know what happened the day after Mickey disappeared: Donald and Goofy set out on their adventure, and thus do the events of KH begin.

So if the world barriers broke one day before the proper adventure of KH began (Or presumably when Ansem appeared to Sora in the Destiny Islands and then later when the Heartless attacked), how in the heck did Cid arrive at Traverse Town 9 years previously? :)

Jack - Blademaster
04-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Traverse town is not an ordinary world.It is the home for those whose worlds fell prey to Heartless.Since the Hollow Bastion world was destroyed, there was no barrier anymore and Cid could fly away.

agrudis
04-01-2005, 06:32 PM
Don't forget Kairi got to Destiny Island from Hollow Bastion probably nine years ago, too!

Jack - Blademaster
04-01-2005, 06:36 PM
Oh, right.I almost forgot about that.She could be the princess of this world.

Destai
04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
The world barriers didnt all break at once. Destiny Islands was broken far later than other worlds. There was always a gummi ship in disney castle. Chip and Dale took care ot them. Mickey was just on a trip or so then.
I never realised Psy actually played FF games.

Jack - Blademaster
04-01-2005, 06:46 PM
I always wondered how it got there.Maybe Gyro?

agrudis
04-01-2005, 06:46 PM
I have never played any FFs! Just Kingdom Hearts!

Jack - Blademaster
04-01-2005, 06:58 PM
I have never played any FFs! Just Kingdom Hearts!

And don't want to?

Psychotic
04-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Ah, that explains it. Thanks guys.

I never realised Psy actually played FF games.If it matters, I have beaten all the FF's from FFI-FFX, as well as FFX-2 and FFTA, but I'm not so much into RPG's these days :p

Jack - Blademaster
04-01-2005, 07:16 PM

If it matters, I have beaten all the FF's from FFI-FFX, as well as FFX-2 and FFTA, but I'm not so much into RPG's these days :p

Respect.Same problem with me.But this is only because I can't find a good RPG in the stores. :D
By the way, didn't you play other Square games like Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, FFT, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Mana?

Destai
04-01-2005, 07:25 PM

If it matters, I have beaten all the FF's from FFI-FFX, as well as FFX-2 and FFTA, but I'm not so much into RPG's these days :p :p I dont think Ive ever seen you outside general chat. Once in eyes on each other but that was a once off event.

Psychotic
04-01-2005, 07:33 PM
By the way, didn't you play other Square games like Vagrant Story, Chrono Cross, FFT, Chrono Trigger, Legend of Mana?I live in Europe, so CC, CT and FFT have not been released here, but I have always meant to beat CT on a ROM. As for VS and LoM, I think finding copies of them would be extremely hard but heh, I'll maybe try that some time.
I dont think Ive ever seen you outside general chat. Once in eyes on each other but that was a once off event.Check The Lounge and Gen Gaming once in a while :p Plus occasionally World Events and EoEO. And Feedback, which has now gone.

But I used to post exclusively in the FF forums back in 2002/3 and I had a most awesome chocobo avatar. :D

Destai
04-01-2005, 07:40 PM
I had a most awesome chocobo avatar. The present ones the best. It roxors.