PDA

View Full Version : Sidequest Help

Marshall Banana
04-01-2005, 07:03 PM
Well, I've looked at various walkthroughs and guides about the sidequests in Shumi Village and Winhill but I'm still having a little trouble and I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong...

In Shumi Village after you find the stones and talk to the elder you can return to Fisherman's Horizon and get the Moomba doll from Grease Monkey to take back to Artisan, correct? He won't give it to me. All he says is "You've been to Shumi Village? blah blah blah"

At Winhill when you're searching for the 4 vase pieces, one should be in the mansion where the figure of armor is, right? I can't seem to get it either...am I looking over something simple here or did I just not follow the steps correctly?

Does it even matter if I can't complete these sidequests? Do they hold any significance to the storyline?

SeeDRankLou
04-01-2005, 07:38 PM
In Shumi Village after you find the stones and talk to the elder you can return to Fisherman's Horizon and get the Moomba doll from Grease Monkey to take back to Artisan, correct? He won't give it to me. All he says is "You've been to Shumi Village? blah blah blah"
Before that, you need to exit and re-enter the Shumi Village (you've already exited). Then go talk to Sculptor and Assistant. Then go talk to Artisan. Then go talk to Elder again, and then you can go to FH and get the moomba from the Grease Monkey.

At Winhill when you're searching for the 4 vase pieces, one should be in the mansion where the figure of armor is, right? I can't seem to get it either...am I looking over something simple here or did I just not follow the steps correctly?
For some reason, this will only occur if you have Quistis or Irvine (I believe) in your party when you check the armor. You might also have to not have Rinoa in your party, I'm not sure. But definately the first part.

Does it even matter if I can't complete these sidequests? Do they hold any significance to the storyline?
You find out some stuff about Laguana and Raine if you do these sidequests, but they are not pertinent in any way. You can get a Holy Stone from the Winhill one, and a Pheonix Pinion and a Status Guard from the Shumi Village one.

Marshall Banana
04-01-2005, 08:13 PM
Thanks! You've been a lot of help. Now I can finally finish those. ^^;

rubah
04-02-2005, 06:03 AM
I never could get the grease monkey to believe that I went to the Shumi village, I don't think. But that's alright. He'll believe me eventually.