PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Battle Front

TasteyPies
04-01-2005, 07:27 PM
Just rented it and its so awesome. Playing side by side with the Jedi, being a variety of droids, rebels, emperialists, the other group that was in starwars 1-3, is an awesome experiance. (those droids that roll around and have forcefields are playable). Piloting all those vehicles that alot of us have grown up loving is cool too. You know those emperial huge elephant-like things that were destroying the field generaters in hoth? Playable, I even had a dark trooper jetpack onto mine form a balcony and shoot guys out of the way for me. Do oyu remember the X and Y wings? Flyable (x-wings > y-wings) All the vehicles from star wars 1-6 are available.

So, the way the battles work is each side gets 200 men. The 200 men port down to the battlefield via teleporters in camps. You capture camps and men beam down. Or you can just battle it out and kill all 200 of their men before they kill your men, which will be less than 200 if you don't capture any camps. The camps let you out-flank and stratagize against oyur enemy which is a good move on the developers part.

Single player mode
You can either go thorugh the storylines of the Clone Wars or/and Rebelion. First you join the dark side then, because the dark side doesn't win, you join the good side of the force.

Multiplayer mode
I don'y have my ps2 online xD

The only part I don't like about Star Wars Battlefront is that you can't ascend through the ranks or become a Light/Dark Jedi no matter what oyu do "You killed 40 men and captured all the camps single handedly while darth vader killed 16 men and walked right by several camps? Good for you grunt, now get back to work!"

That aside even if you arn't a StarWars geek you should check this game out. If anytihng its a good 6-8 hours worth of gameplay. I was up till 4a.m. playing it cause I just plain lost track of time.

Going to go play it some more so see yall!

Spammerman
04-01-2005, 10:34 PM
sounds cool. It would be funny if they made another 1 that inclueded the troopers from the cartoonnetwork mini-series. And i like games where u can lay onsluahgt or just capture stuff.For some reason, it reminds me of the game Dynasty Warriors Empires.

Luc
04-01-2005, 10:53 PM
There is a game with the troopers from Star Wars: Clone Wars. It's called Republic Commando.

Battle Front is a pretty good game, but it got boring for me really fast. It's still fun playing on Live though. ;)

T-MaN
04-07-2005, 01:21 AM
I used to play it live, until my network adapter broke. :cry: Overall, it is still an awesome game, and I play it with my lil' bro all the time. Me and my bro', we always come up with some weird new mini-game for battlefront. For example, sometimes we play hide-and-seek or most of the time, we become "assasins" and see how many of our own guys we can kill. :D It's a great game to play when you have a great friend to play with :p

XxSephirothxX
04-07-2005, 09:08 PM
I enjoyed it when I rented it, but I'm not sure if I'd pay 50 bucks for it. I'd like to play it online sometime, too. There's a rumor that a sequel is in the works, I believe.

Az Lionheart
04-07-2005, 09:37 PM
wow....all i have to say.....

Old Manus
04-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Finally someone who shares my love for Battlefront! Tastey, you are God.

I bought this game on the day it came out, and have not stopped playing it (since september). I am still finding (endless) ways to win every battle. I have become the Zen Master of this and find Hard mode to be not challenging enough. But enough about me..

As better news, BATTLEFRONT 2 is coming out! (in a long time)

P.S: I agree T-Man, this game is at it's best when played with a friend(s).

Rye
04-07-2005, 10:18 PM
That game is so addictive and fun. :)

TasteyPies
04-07-2005, 10:53 PM
Old Manus, I supose you like playing snipers eh? The only way I can have fun playing them is on the Docks map.

Rye
04-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Playing as those robotic large things (AT-ATs?) is like the best ever. Also those really fast land bikes are so fun to ride to. CIS is the best to play as, imo.

Old Manus
04-07-2005, 11:12 PM
I am the kind of guy who thinks snipers suck. Especially if they're shooting AT you from a mile off, being covered by a team of 5 men, and a man in a turret.

Strangely enough, the faction I go as the least is the CIS. They have poor vehicles and I hate the robotic voices. I usually go the rebels.

Try this, go on Endor (preferably with someone else), and do what I call the 'Gauntlet'. You go as the rebels, and immediately both get on a speeder at the Outpost, and bomb it around the map, avoiding the trees and AT-ST's. It's harder than it looks.

Rye
04-07-2005, 11:18 PM
Is that the forest level? It's so hard to go around with it there. xD

TasteyPies
04-07-2005, 11:55 PM
I am the kind of guy who thinks snipers suck.

Then whats with the Avatar? xD

T-MaN
04-08-2005, 02:24 AM
Try this, go on Endor (preferably with someone else), and do what I call the 'Gauntlet'. You go as the rebels, and immediately both get on a speeder at the Outpost, and bomb it around the map, avoiding the trees and AT-ST's. It's harder than it looks.
Sweet, I shalt try this method :D

Az Lionheart
04-08-2005, 09:39 AM
I am the kind of guy who thinks snipers suck. Especially if they're shooting AT you from a mile off, being covered by a team of 5 men, and a man in a turret.

Strangely enough, the faction I go as the least is the CIS. They have poor vehicles and I hate the robotic voices. I usually go the rebels.

yes...that is very hard. but out of all the levels i think endor and genosis are the worst.

best unit has to be the ordinary "grunt".

talking about snipers, apart from the docks they are great on Kamino(sp) there is a small ledge near a flashing light where you can see nearly the whole field and kill pritty much any one =)

Old Manus
04-08-2005, 10:54 AM

Erm, I forgot about that.

Snipers are annoying on Kamino. Unless you play as them.

Az Lionheart
04-08-2005, 08:45 PM
:D

Erm, I forgot about that.

Snipers are annoying on Kamino. Unless you play as them.

lol, i know. i only do it when i am playing with mates, they never know where i am.....so funny. (clone troopers are the best side btw) signle player was a bit to easy though....my only problem with the game. but that may have been because i played it to much, lol.

Old Manus
04-08-2005, 10:50 PM
Try hard mode. It's the closest you'll get to playing against a real person without multiplayer.

Az Lionheart
04-09-2005, 05:39 PM
ya, i did that, atr first it caursed a little trouble but after the first 2 levels it was easy lol

T-MaN
04-11-2005, 05:08 PM
The Clone Trooper Sharpshooters are the best! I kik royal @$$ with him. The best thing for a sniper is its recon droid. I mean c'mon, you can sneak in places, and go up to an enemy and blow 'em up with its self-destruct,total-annihilation program. (Basically four lasers shoot out from the sky to where you're recon droid is at) :D WooT!

Az Lionheart
04-18-2005, 01:17 PM
using a recon droid kicks so major a$$.

the normal trooper does it for me, so much better than the rest

Old Manus
04-18-2005, 04:07 PM
I had a look at the applications for testing SWBF2 and it said something along the lines of "To get in, we want ultimate hardcore players who can annihilate the whole enemy with a recon droid from halfway across the map".

P.S The republic Jet Trooper kicks ass.

Az Lionheart
04-18-2005, 05:07 PM
lol, with the jet trooper i could get on the highest buildings in tattooine and rhen varn etc.... :D

Dreddz
04-18-2005, 05:54 PM
I was pretty disappointed by the game
Why cant they make a game with you playing as a jedi and not be bad.
Randomly
Anyone played the Lego Star wars game.
It actually looks good and got OK reviews
Lego's made a break-through

Psychotic
04-18-2005, 05:55 PM
Oh, oh, oh! We played this at the EoFF Meet-up and I beat amratis and she cried her eyes out. I'm getting it very soon. :D

Old Manus
04-18-2005, 06:07 PM
It's a good game.

T-MaN
04-18-2005, 09:14 PM
I'll go try out Lego SW if people say that it is a good game.