PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to Live with Me?

Chemical
04-01-2005, 08:12 PM
I seem to be cursed. It's quite frustrating. All of my room mates are just.. terrible. Terrible.

Here are a few encounters:

1) A guy. Messy as a pig. He must have mistaken me for his maid. He never did dishes, never cleaned, always left his crap around the house, wasn't very hygenic... ugh. He also had a thing for me, which was unfortunate because he would attempt to play footsies... -__-

2) A girl. Cleaner-ish... but she's still lazy, again. Never does dishes, never takes out the garbage. blah blah blah. She eats my food!! MY FOOD!

I just... need to find a normal, respective person.

Any bad encounters? Let us share the frustration!

Yew-Yevon
04-01-2005, 08:17 PM
my grandmother lets her dogs all over the house and they shed thier hair evrywere arrrrg!!

Miriel
04-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Posted this in my Livejournal:

On a side note, I continue to supply my roommate with bottle after bottle of Fabreeze. But I still don't think she gets it. I know that I would get the hint, but she and I have trouble communicating. Literally.

Poor thing can barely muster a sentence in English. Makes me wonder how in the hell she ended up here.
I live in suite-style dorms, so I'm sharing a room with one other girl, but a living room and bathroom with seven other girls. Seven girls, one bathroom. So. Not. Fun.

Meh, I suppose it's the typical Freshman experience. And I only have to live with these people for one more month. =D

Citizen Bleys
04-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Did you intentionally capitalize the "Me" as if to claim godhood?

Rainecloud
04-01-2005, 08:45 PM
And people criticise others for living alone. Pfft. With disgusting room mates like the ones you've mentioned, I'm not surprised so many people choose to live a life of total solitude. It sounds like the best way of living to me.

kikimm
04-01-2005, 09:45 PM

Don't tell me you're looking to find that here.

But in all seriousness, were these people your friends before, or did you put out an ad? Maybe you should try the other, whichever that is. Or, like Rainecloud said, try living alone. Unless you can't afford, or something, that would be the best way to go. I know that's what I would do.

:D

Spammerman
04-01-2005, 10:42 PM
Did you intentionally capitalize the "Me" as if to claim godhood?

did u use big wrds to make yourself sound smart?

Sephex
04-02-2005, 12:34 AM
did u use big wrds to make yourself sound smart?

What "big words" did he use?

eestlinc
04-02-2005, 12:37 AM
xD let's be friends everyone!

I had a roommate that randomly moved out on me during spring break and left me with about $1000 in unpaid bills and rent that I had to foot. Very not cool.

Jojee
04-02-2005, 12:50 AM
My roommate's boyfriend lives with us :(

...Yes, in our tiny one room dorm room.

And when my boy comes over to visit, it gets a BIT crowded. As if it isn't already ^^

Del Murder
04-02-2005, 03:10 AM
I'm done with roommates.

Yamaneko
04-02-2005, 03:17 AM
I have my own room and my own bathroom, suckas! :cool:

Venom65437
04-02-2005, 04:53 AM
Heh just pick an entry in my LJ from Fall 2003, to Spring 2004 and see how mine were. I hated them...

Apollo
04-02-2005, 05:31 AM
I seem to be cursed. It's quite frustrating. All of my room mates are just.. terrible. Terrible.

1) A guy. Messy as a pig. He must have mistaken me for his maid. He never did dishes, never cleaned, always left his crap around the house, wasn't very hygenic... ugh. He also had a thing for me, which was unfortunate because he would attempt to play footsies... -__-

2) A girl. Cleaner-ish... but she's still lazy, again. Never does dishes, never takes out the garbage. blah blah blah. She eats my food!! MY FOOD!

My brother is like both of those people combined!!!!
He's in his 20s and his friend keeps offering him to split the rent at this
really nice and really cheep apartment but he won't LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Breaks down and cries*

black orb
04-02-2005, 06:39 AM

>>> Come on, they are just lazy so what..
atleast they dont steal your stuff, deal with drugs and punch you on your face..
believe me, it could be much worse..

DMKA
04-02-2005, 11:58 AM
I had a roommate last semester. He was better than my family, for sure, aside of his thing against black people.

Ko Ko
04-02-2005, 12:13 PM
Jeebus. My room mate is a pain, too (whenever she is here - rarely)
She isn't a proper room mate. It's my apartment, she just boards occasionally. And uses my MSN account. Arg.

Loony BoB
04-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Ashley, you know I'd be your roommate. <3

I don't have any bad experiences. The only flatmate I've had is my Mum, and she cooked some awesome meals. There were some downsides, such as when she had her boyfriends around during stressful times for myself that only made life more stressful, but otherwise she was an awesome flatmate and we never had any major problems. We made the transition from mother/son to flatmates quite smoothly.

Since she moved out, I've just had two bedrooms, so if any friend of mine wants to move to Scotland, let me know. :p

Chemical
04-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Yeah they are all people I met on www.roommates.ca

It was hard to find friends to move in with since I never lived here before. Now I'm stuck with a 9 month lease with a food stealer. =(

But byu September I'll have found some cool people or a hot boyfriend to move in with...

And Yes Bleys. I am Godlike.