PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Resident Evil

Odaisé Gaelach
04-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Apart from Resident Evil 4, what was your favourite Resident Evil game and why?

Mine was RE2. I loved the way that you could play the game as Leon or Claire and then re-play the game with a different storyline. The Burkin monster and the Tyrant were brilliant.

Sepho
04-01-2005, 08:52 PM
It's always been Resident Evil 2, but after playing Code Veronica I almost changed my mind. I really, really like Code Veronica, but RE2 still holds the top spot for me.

Craig
04-01-2005, 09:52 PM
I never really got into 1, I have the GC remake but I'm just not that bothered. 2 was my favourite however, it was the first one I played and probably the only one I took any real interest in. 3 was very fun, but didn't seem like a survival horror to me. I rent CV for a week and it made me jump a couple of times. I haven't played 0.

Levian
04-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Hmm, tough question! I suck at picking a favourite RE. They're all so good :/ Ok, I'll use the elimination method.

Not 0, because Rebecca is icky and I didn't like the story, and not the dropping items anywhere thing. Playing as two people was good though, but not good enough to help this game.

Not Code Veronica X. Even though this was an entertaining and freaky game (Alexia and Alfed), it's just not my fauvorite. I didn't quite capture what had happened between RE 2 and this one. The weapons was pretty neat though, but the bowgun sucked.

NGH, these last three is hard to judge. However, I'm going to pick Resident Evil 1, mainly because I think resident evil should include an evil resident. And Resident Evil 1 had the most evil resident I've ever seen. This game horrified me through my childhood. Good job.

DMKA
04-01-2005, 10:30 PM
RE2 :<3:

Dr.K
04-01-2005, 10:57 PM
2 is the noodles.

Lindy
04-01-2005, 11:24 PM
Screw you, Resident Evil 4 is my favourite, it's still a part of the series and you can't discount it.

It's the best because, for once, the controller isn't your main enemy and you can actually SHOOT things rather than aiming in a vague direction and hoping the auto-aim works right.

Luc
04-02-2005, 12:10 AM
2. ^_^

Dreddz
04-02-2005, 09:22 AM
resi 2 by far

nik0tine
04-02-2005, 10:12 AM
It's a toss up between one and two, but I think im going to lean more towards two.

Wuggly Blight
04-02-2005, 01:55 PM
One, the original (and its remake) remain a classic. Code veronica 2nd, and all the others in third apart from the gun survivor series and 4 which dont even make the list.

Dreddz
04-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Played Resi 4 and that one is my fav but Resi 2 on this list

Black Mage FF1
04-02-2005, 06:35 PM
Resident Evil Outbreak is the best RE game there is. It has better replay value and more unlockables then any othere RE game which makes it a lot more fun. RE2 is my 2nd fav.

redxiiii
04-02-2005, 07:13 PM
I voted code Veronica, that resi made me s**t my pants, plus the battle mode was great!

cloud20747
04-03-2005, 03:32 AM
Resident Evil 3 favorite seeing as I played it 8 times through for the epiloges

XxSephirothxX
04-03-2005, 05:07 AM
I'm guessing RE4 wasn't included because virtually everyone would pick it as their favorite. I haven't played it, and have very limited experience with the rest of the series, but 4 does look amazing. Now, go play Eternal Darkness. :cool:

Odaisé Gaelach
04-03-2005, 08:17 PM
Screw you, Resident Evil 4 is my favourite, it's still a part of the series and you can't discount it.

I'm guessing RE4 wasn't included because virtually everyone would pick it as their favorite.

That was one of the reasons. The other one was that it was only released in Europe in March so not everyone would have had a chance to play it yet.

Did you all really think that Code Veronica was great? I thought that it was okay - it didn't scare me as much as RE2 did. What scared you in it?

Dreddz
04-03-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm guessing RE4 wasn't included because virtually everyone would pick it as their favorite. I haven't played it, and have very limited experience with the rest of the series, but 4 does look amazing. Now, go play Eternal Darkness. :cool:

I agree with you there. But OdaiseGaelach is also right because it was recently released over here and also the game is only for Gamecube so not alot of people used to the series can play it because most Resi's were on the Sony Platforms. But after borrowing ( well actually stealing ) my mates Gamecube and Resi 4. Resi 4 if by far the best game for the series.
Eternal Darkness was good but not a must-play I dont think. SH is probably better than any Resi game. But Resi 4 is very close due to its shear brilliance

Odaisé Gaelach
04-04-2005, 07:51 PM
But after borrowing ( well actually stealing ) my mates Gamecube and Resi 4...

How much do we get for turning you in? :D Do you think that he'll let us... borrow... his Gamecube for another few... err... days?

louby_4eva
04-04-2005, 08:08 PM
I've not played zero, but I watched my friend play it and it didn't seem quite right, don't know why, I think the leech man made me not like it a lot. My fave is possibly RECVX because Wesker was in it and he's my all time favourite character in the res evil games, I love RE2 as well. I don't have a favourite, I'm very indecisive. :love: I love ALL the books though, they're fantastical :love:

Shoeberto
04-05-2005, 03:03 AM
RE4 rocked it, straight up no doubt, but I still put 2 before it.

Zero was the sucks. Sorry, folks.

Yuffie514
04-05-2005, 06:17 AM
why does RE3 have the least votes :-/ ? it's the first RE i beat and if i can remember it correctly - also my first :mad: .

Dreddz
04-05-2005, 10:42 AM
why does RE3 have the least votes :-/ ? it's the first RE i beat and if i can remember it correctly - also my first :mad: .

It was my 3rd Resi to beat after 1 and 2.
It was a good game and Nemesis was a cool feature. But Resi 2 still beat it by story and atmospere. Resi 4 swoops them all

Sepho
04-05-2005, 12:00 PM
Did you all really think that Code Veronica was great? I thought that it was okay - it didn't scare me as much as RE2 did. What scared you in it?

The story - which I'll straight up tell you is the only reason I play the Resident Evil games. I can't stand the controls, regardless of whether or not your characters were intentionally programmed to be harder to control than rebellious teenagers.

Save the few in-your-face moments, the RE games don't really scare me too much. I loved the bandersnatches in Code Veronica, though. A few encounters had me tense up.

Dreddz
04-05-2005, 12:50 PM
Resi games arent scary to me either. Its the story and gameplay I was looking for. If im in for a scare I'd just play SH

Odaisé Gaelach
04-05-2005, 07:10 PM
I love ALL the books though, they're fantastical :love:

You're right there Louby. Brilliant stuff.

Shoeberto
04-05-2005, 08:42 PM
I read the books for RE2 and RE3 but I only really liked the RE2 book. It was a little short, though. I blasted through it my second time in a week.

Lenna
04-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Can I first of all ask why there is RE 0 1 2 3 And CVX on the poll? shouldn't it be 1 2 3 & CVX ;p anyway. I've played RE1, In the middle of RE3, and I've got CVX, but, I've played RE2 just not all the way through, as I was borrowing it off a mate n they wanted it back so *shrugs* but as far as I saw, RE2 Is better than any of them. and CVX comes a close 2nd.

Odaisé Gaelach
04-06-2005, 07:24 PM
Can I first of all ask why there is RE 0 1 2 3 And CVX on the poll? shouldn't it be 1 2 3 & CVX ;p anyway.

Well I didn't know if anyone prefered RE0 to any of the others. I haven't played it before, so I don't know if it was any good.

Dreddz
04-06-2005, 09:57 PM
He left out Resi Outbreak and the Gun Survivour games. And Dead Aim. Resi 0 was kinda weird but it was actually quite good. Storys a bit
silly but the gaming is top notch