PDA

View Full Version : Twisted Metal

Flamethrower
04-02-2005, 02:45 AM
Anyone here a fan of the series? Well, I should rephrase that, since half of the games were crap. However, Twisted Metal 1 was decent, and in my opinion, Twisted Metal 2 was one of the best game the Playstation had. It was insanely fun, and the endings amused me to no end. I am dying to get Twisted Metal Black. I heard that it was the best one yet, but it's currently out of stock everywhere I've looked.

Warthog and Thumper were my favorites.

krissy
04-02-2005, 02:51 AM
got tm2 when i was like 13
turned out fineeeee

nik0tine
04-02-2005, 07:17 AM
I like them, yes. I never played the first twisted metal, but I played the others. My favorite is probably Twisted Metal 3, but 2 was really good. Four pretty much sucked, and Twisted Metal black was alright. In my opinion it wasn't as good because the story was different, but the way it focused on insanity was pretty cool.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-02-2005, 07:21 AM
The first one was really good for its time, plus it invented a genre. Not a genre that ever really went anywhere, but still.

ShunNakamura
04-02-2005, 07:28 AM
TW1 was a great game.. But I lost my copy somewhere.. that or my sisters let one of thier friends borrow it or.. Well it was a great game lets just leave it at that.

I didn't like TW2&3 much.. but then again I never played them much either. I had rented them at one point. they were neat, but I still like TW1 more.

TW Black I have never played, although I have heard good things about it.

TW4 is the only one I still own that isn't broken... I play it a bit, but I still miss TW1. However TW4 is fun, my favorite lvl being Tic-Tac Toast.

Oh yes before I forget out of the first one Thumper and Spector(is that the guys name? it has been a while) were my faves. Although Hammerhead(I think that is the big monster truck) was also pretty cool.

Zell's Fists of Fury
04-02-2005, 07:39 AM
I've only played Twisted Metal Black and that was insanely fun. I think I'll go buy another copy of it.

Dr.K
04-02-2005, 09:42 AM
The first one was really good for its time, plus it invented a genre. Not a genre that ever really went anywhere, but still.

Seifer
04-02-2005, 03:18 PM
Mr. Grimm pwned in the original...until you got hit by something.

The second one just seemed extremely hard once you got to the rooftop level, and I never beat two without cheating because Dark Tooth is probably the most insane end boss for any Twisted Metal game considering he's actually two bosses of the same insane difficulty. It might be different now since I wasn't too good at games back when I played it. I think this one was the best though.

In three I would use Auger most of the time, and that would do. I usually didn't have a hard time in this game unless the level had spots where you took damage other than from your opponents or were instantly killed if you fell into something.

Four, I've never played.

Black...I've played breifly, but I wasn't too interested.

Dreddz
04-02-2005, 05:48 PM
Im not a massive fan of the series. Played Twisted Metal Black and thought it was ok but it has its flaws. Borrowed Twisted Metal for the PSP and it wasnt baiscally was the same.

Navydav
04-02-2005, 06:03 PM
I own all six PSX/PS2 Twisted Metal games and I say that 1,2, and Black where the best ones. The only thing about Black I didn't care for were some of those FMVs. Good thing by the time it come out I was in my late 20s. Twisted Metal 3 had few nice things like a good selection of cars, but thats about it. Twisted Metal 4 is an improvement over 3, but most of the classics were gone. Small Brawl wasn't as great as I was lead to believe, but it was better than either 3 or 4 for sure.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-03-2005, 04:11 AM
For the record, Singletrac made the original Twisted Metal, Twisted Metal 2, Small Brawl, Black, and Head-On. For a while the series was taken over by 989 Studios, during which time TM3 and TM4 were made. That's why those games are so dismal compared to the rest.

Flamethrower
04-03-2005, 04:26 AM
I didn't know that, but yeah, that explains a lot. Three was terrible, and Four sucked because they replaced all of the old cast except for Mr. Grimm, Sweet Tooth, and Warthog. Never played Small Brawl, but I don't like the premise of how all the characters are now children who battle with remote control cars. I ordered Black online tonight. I can't wait, I just wish that they brought Mr. Slam. He was one of my favorites.

-N-
04-04-2005, 06:38 AM
Yeah, 989 messed up the series pretty badly. TMB is really amazing, in my opinion. I love some of the character's backstories, esp. Roadkill, Mr. Grimm, Sweet Tooth, and Outlaw. The rest are standard revenge stories.