PDA

View Full Version : ::DefeATinG ShinRa::

silent_ultima
04-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Anyone got any tips in beating shinra in SphereBreak Tournament? I only manage to get up to 48/50 quota when my turns runs up... damn i hate to restart 2 spherebreak game..

Cuchulainn
04-02-2005, 11:46 AM
if you can, get a coin with Quota x 4 Skill, you can get them at the new Youth League HQ if you've been looking through the telescope. Also, just keep getting those consequtive 2 coin Echos & you'll do it.

Nod
04-02-2005, 12:02 PM
i didnt bother to beat him. silly i know but my maths isn't v.quick at all!

Emily52
04-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Or try and use three coins in each round.

CaptRory
04-02-2005, 03:26 PM
That's hard. But you can win using only the coins Rin provides.

1) Keep chaining together three coin combinations.
2) As a rule of thumb, try and use your highest value coins (7's, 8's, and 9's) because they will be disappearing soon.
3) Don't worry about the special properties of the coins. This match is too hard to take into account whether you're losing 50 gil or not.
4)Pray to whatever god you worship he doesn't produce a lot of 1's.

Cuchulainn
04-03-2005, 03:14 AM
Some slight disagrement with that otherwise great post, it pays you to have Quota x4, which is a special trait, if you have it, use it when you can, as long as you keep building on 2 coin breaks & using that coin you can do it with a few rounds left, it IS hard & when that 1 comes in you want to throw the controller, but just keep reseting as you don't want to keep losing your coins. Its easier the first time you play him, on a side note, if you see a yellow 'Item' in a boarder coin, it's the Treasure Hunt GG, an added bonus if you can use it.

Bomber
04-03-2005, 03:24 AM
Multiplier Echo is really useful. As a general rule of thumb, I use 3 as a common multiplier. Just make sure you have an entry coin with a value of 3, and you can continue to link up a chain of echos, even if a 1 appears as the multiplicand.

silent_ultima
04-03-2005, 05:11 AM
i've beat that masked b*st*rd!! hehhe thanx for help me guys! i only used the 3 echo thingie u guys have been talking about, and yes i prayed hard to my God so that Shinra won't produce 1's, and he didn't!! yay! horray to Lady Luck sphere grid!!

abrojtm
04-03-2005, 07:00 AM
I didn't have too much trouble beating him, it was just getting that damn Treasure Hunt Grid that took me so long.

CaptRory
04-03-2005, 06:11 PM
The Lady Luck job is ok by itself, but having all three girls equip it means you get a LOT of extra items. If you would have gotten 1 potion ordinarily you'd get 1x2x2x2=8. If you would've gotten 2 items normally you'd end up with 16. As you can see, you stand to gather a lot of junk. When leveling up, try and be near a store so you can sell when you get 99 of whatever item is dropping from what you're fighting. I also think the money bonus stacks but I don't recall exactly. But I know as a fact the item doubline skill stacks.

There's an optional dungeon, I think it's called the Hive, the enemies drop bombs. Three Lady Lucks means you won't have to worry about running out of explosives.

fahadalhasan
04-10-2005, 01:07 PM
I just used geoparella(sp?) coins given by the children at the Youth Leage HQ in kilika! i got five and then raised my coin count to 23 and then challenged shinra! It took me bout 5 mins to beat him! :D

ruby_91
05-02-2005, 06:02 PM
i'm having a really hard time defeating shinra!! man, i suck at sphere break.... ^_^

FFfan
05-02-2005, 08:01 PM
The best way to beat shinra is to use the same amount of coins every round so your score goes up and up but the bad thing is when you get 1 as your multiple that sucks. Shinra says "My goggles fogged up" when you win and thats probably why hes so crap at blitzball.

Lady_luck_lulu
05-03-2005, 06:38 PM
I still haven't defeated him at Sphere Break. I kept going back to a save point before the competition. I really want to try Lady Luck out.