PDA

View Full Version : The End-Time Prophercy

The Shoeless Hobo
04-02-2005, 10:17 AM
There is a lot of talk within certain religious organizations about things yet to be.

Most people have come across some kind of prophecy message from magazines, bible, Nostradamus's writings and etc.

Apparently, these events will begin with more acts of terrorism, along with natural disasters, that will far exceed the devastation of 9/11. The magnitude of these events will lead to the demise of the United States and the United Kingdom, which will lead to World War III. Some people even think the end will be in 2060. Which I don't fiind that hard to believe.

What are you feelings about the End-Time Prophecy?

Nod
04-02-2005, 10:21 AM
i heard the world will end in 2012 according to what the Mayans wrote.

Also Nostradamus predicted many things, but hasnt he accurately predicted every pope there has been, and on his list he has only predicted two more?

As far as my thoughts on the end-time prophecy goes, im not too concerned. whatever happens, happens, i'll deal with it when it does. :roll:

Meat Puppet
04-02-2005, 10:28 AM
I hope dinosaurs suddenly come back alive and put an end to modern life.

The Shoeless Hobo
04-02-2005, 10:31 AM
Anyway, out of curiousity, how was the first antichrist Napolean? I can understand how Hitler was the second...

DMKA
04-02-2005, 12:00 PM
I think we'll all be burned up when the sun expands.

eestlinc
04-02-2005, 12:01 PM
since the end of the world is night it doesn't matter if we ruin the environment!!

Ko Ko
04-02-2005, 12:29 PM
This... is frightening.
Most of you will not understand the situation he is describing. But I have lived in 5 seperate countries, and trust me, this is becoming closer to evident every day.
In the country I am in now, it is growing rapidly. The US dollar and UK Pounds are going down and protests are becoming more common. Being a foreigner is getting more dangerous, and people will spit on your shoes and call you names. US flags are regularly burned.
In London, a place I also lived in, there are protests held, and large masses of people go on long walks with US flags underneath thier feet, posters claiming death to the USA and screams of defiance.

Now, I look just a little asian, as I am half Japanese. So I don't really look American in most circumstances.
But at some protests, if they had seen my passport...
I might be dead.

Jebus
04-02-2005, 12:35 PM
There's not going to be an 'end' to anything, cause it never started. Sure there could be an apocalyptic disaster wiping out all life on the planet, life will just develop again. That's not my point.

My point is on the nature of existance itself. It's always been, and it'll always be. Everything dies and happens again. Animals, plants, stars, galaxies. Just look around you. It happens all the time on different scales. Why should something like that worry you?

*suddenly realizes that this is GC, and he got too serious*

*Spam*

DoomAntenna
04-02-2005, 02:19 PM
Iri Valentine, where did you go where people treated Americans so badly? I just finished wandering about Western Europe and everyone was nice and polite. I came up in the center of a political rally once... and walked through a few more accidentally... but nobody really gave me any trouble at all, and I'm not even sure if the rallies were anti-American in nature. Granted, apparently I look European, cause I think I was mistaken for Spanish, French, Dutch, and (repeatedly) German and different points during the trip, but I never hid my nationality. And honestly, the American standard of living has not declined. I didn't even notice the economy wasn't doing so well until I left and noticed the horrid exchange rate. But economies go up and down, I don't think its heralding the death of the US. And especially not the UK. I think their money is the most valuable in the world or something right now. It's worth a whole lot more than the euro anyhow. And well, if the world ends, I don't think I'm likely to be able to stop it, so why worry?

Ko Ko
04-02-2005, 02:22 PM
Iri Valentine, where did you go where people treated Americans so badly? I just finished wandering about Western Europe and everyone was nice and polite. I came up in the center of a political rally once... and walked through a few more accidentally... but nobody really gave me any trouble at all, and I'm not even sure if the rallies were anti-American in nature. Granted, apparently I look European, cause I think I was mistaken for Spanish, French, Dutch, and (repeatedly) German and different points during the trip, but I never hid my nationality. And honestly, the American standard of living has not declined. I didn't even notice the economy wasn't doing so well until I left and noticed the horrid exchange rate. But economies go up and down, I don't think its heralding the death of the US. And especially not the UK. I think their money is the most valuable in the world or something right now. It's worth a whole lot more than the euro anyhow. And well, if the world ends, I don't think I'm likely to be able to stop it, so why worry?

China. Not a European minority.

Yuzuki130
04-02-2005, 02:26 PM
When my Great Grandma was a little girl, she said that she read a prophecy from Our Lady of Fatima that said once Pope John Paul II died, the world was going to end soon. And keep in mind that this was before he even became Pope and chose the name. If you're brave enough, you might wanna look up "Our Lady of Fatima" on a search engine. A bunch of things she prophesized have come true... It's quite scary... :(

eestlinc
04-02-2005, 02:40 PM
on the off chance the world is going to end soon we won't have any control over it, so why worry about it?

Yamaneko
04-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Let the good times roll...

Resha
04-02-2005, 02:50 PM
I won't be around when the world ends, hoepfully. So I just bestow the problem on my descendants. Happy ending, great great great great great great great great great great great great great grandchild of mine! :D

Meat Puppet
04-02-2005, 02:55 PM
So if the US ends, the world ends?

DMKA
04-02-2005, 02:57 PM
So if the US ends, the world ends?
The US is the world....isn't it? O__o

Resha
04-02-2005, 04:05 PM
Ze End of Ze World? (http://funnyjunk.com) <- Go find Ze End of Ze World on the left hand side. :)

EDIT// GO SEE IT! :D

Lindy
04-02-2005, 04:17 PM
This... is frightening.
Most of you will not understand the situation he is describing. But I have lived in 5 seperate countries, and trust me, this is becoming closer to evident every day.
In the country I am in now, it is growing rapidly. The US dollar and UK Pounds are going down and protests are becoming more common. Being a foreigner is getting more dangerous, and people will spit on your shoes and call you names. US flags are regularly burned.
In London, a place I also lived in, there are protests held, and large masses of people go on long walks with US flags underneath thier feet, posters claiming death to the USA and screams of defiance.

Now, I look just a little asian, as I am half Japanese. So I don't really look American in most circumstances.
But at some protests, if they had seen my passport...
I might be dead.

1. The US dollar and British Sterling being HIGH is a bad thing, since it butchers the ability of a country to export at a cost-effective price, so currency devaluation is a good thing.
2. Not every hates foreigners, I don't see people treating people from foreign countries terribly, it's not EVERYWHERE.
3. I live in London, there are no constant protests, there are no regular US flag burnings, people don't walk with US flags under their feet or proclaim death to the USA. People in London have better things to do that complain about the US, and if anyone does, they'd spend more time complaining at the government of either the UK or the US rather than the country itself.

You're a victim of the mass political scare-mongering that's going on, nobody really cares that much to kill you for your nationality, and if anyone IS killed because of such it'd be a relatively isolated incident.

DMKA
04-02-2005, 04:38 PM
According to The Bible Code, the end of the world will be in 2006.
Sweet.

Chris
04-02-2005, 05:02 PM
I think we'll all be burned up when the sun expands.

Me too, :( .

Jojee
04-02-2005, 05:29 PM
I intern for a representative and one of things that he's trying to pass is to install computer chips into cows to keep track of them, for health reasons ^^ That way it would be easier to see which cows have say, Mad Cow disease and crap.

Tons and TONS of Amish people have been writing in about how marking the cows will signal the end of the world and they want to be exempt from it @_@; Quoting Revelations something and all.

Skystone
04-02-2005, 05:30 PM
The world was supposed to end in 2000. And in at least one or two of the years between 2001-2003 And in 2004. And in 2005 And next year. And probably the year after.

But I'm still truckin' after four or five prophecized apocalypses, so I've ceased to be worried. Mankind's going down eight minutes after the sun goes boom.

XxSephirothxX
04-02-2005, 05:40 PM
The word is going to end July 34th, 2016.

Lindy
04-02-2005, 05:56 PM
I intern for a representative and one of things that he's trying to pass is to install computer chips into cows to keep track of them, for health reasons ^^ That way it would be easier to see which cows have say, Mad Cow disease and crap.

Tons and TONS of Amish people have been writing in about how marking the cows will signal the end of the world and they want to be exempt from it @_@; Quoting Revelations something and all.
And God said unto Moses, thou shalt implant ye no cows with microchips.

Harvest Moon
04-03-2005, 03:47 AM
As a psychic myself i predicted the world will end (as we know it..) in the year 2015. Have been saying that as a child.

Alot of the things i say make mom bulge her eyes and she tells me "that's what whats her face said!" what's her face is that woman on montel williams i forget her name, i don't care.. sometimes i think she's simply a mind reader and reads the rest of us real psychic's mom and is getting money for OUR scrying.. the bitch.. :mad:

ANYWAYS.. yeah, i predict either two outcomes to Americas eventual fall amongst other countries. Just ask yourself which you'd rather win, a communist China or Koriea, or an Impiriliast Pakistain or Iran. Sorry if my prophecys are a little vain but they all look alike!!! >_<

That's why i voted for bush, to get the concluded results I personaly want to happen, cause either way it's going to happen..

Another note and sense that psychic psycho said it too you should trust me on this one..

Stop asking about Osama Bin Laden liberals, he's dead, he's been dead, those tapes? Pre-recorded, it's just like 1985.. LAME!!

Bush'es war with Iraq? He made a deal with Iran, if you want to be a real villain in today's soceity you don't rape and pillage, you sell out, which he did. If you notice gas prices are cheaper in this country then anywhere else. he's working for iran and thier mighty oil reserves. What a quincidence iran didn't like iraq none either..

I just thank God Kerry didn't win or else we'd have ninja leaping at terrorists with kattana blades and them suicidie bombing our statue of liberty and John Edwards be running stark naked as Heinz Kerry sprays Febreeze in everybody's eyes and tells them to shove it while mecha-dinosaurs eat and stomp on cathidreals that are being remote controled by the ACLU! Pandimodium I tell you! Pandimodium!!

Naww i'm just kidding about the last part if kerry were our U.S. president instead of Bush..

Edwards would be wearing boxers. :tongue: