PDA

View Full Version : Strange phobias.

Social Moon Firesky
04-02-2005, 09:42 PM
I'm really scared of moths and butterflies. Until a few hours ago, I was convinced that moths landed on people and bit them... :D Also, I've freaked out in the shower a few times, after spotting the whirlpool at the plug-hole. Whirlpools scare me sh*tless. They really do. And yet I'm fascinated by them. I'm devoting a whole art project to whirlpools, which shows it's an irrational fear. Maybe. I can't have baths because I freak out. That's all because I went swimming once, and some little sod jumped on me and I almost drowned. Relating to that, I'm scared of swimming in deep water on my own ever since that. Jaws didn't help either. So, does anybody else have strange fears, or share any of mine?

boris no no
04-02-2005, 09:48 PM
needles and clowns
gods most horrible inventions
*shudders* :(

Chris
04-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Oh Boris...

http://www.scaryornot.com/scaries/img4008739b186b9.jpg
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh yeah my phobia has to be... Psy. :(

fire_of_avalon
04-02-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't like the ocean, and I don't like cockroaches, and I don't like the thought of eternity, but none of those are active phobias except the last one.

Levian
04-02-2005, 09:58 PM
I have a phobia against being dressed up as Dame Edna and being forced to perform "I will survive" on stage, while dancing with a pole.

Miriel
04-02-2005, 10:00 PM
Birds (or as I like to call them: 'Devil's spawn').

My Mom made me see a Psychologist about it in High School. Dude kept asking me about my childhood and stuff.

Charged a bucketload for the session, and yet here I am, still freaked out by birds.

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-02-2005, 10:35 PM
When I was younger I ran away from butterflies, And I am still afraid of the dark.

Rye
04-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Dark and the human like dolls, especially dummies. Clowns as well. :/

rubah
04-02-2005, 11:11 PM
the floor under recently moved heavy furniture.

Destai
04-02-2005, 11:28 PM
Now seems a good time to ask, Do earwigs really go in your ears as you sleep and burst your ear drum? :(

Ko Ko
04-02-2005, 11:54 PM
I am sun-phobic, thunderstorm-phobic and bedroom-phobic.
I hate bedrooms. You never know what goes on in there.

Apollo
04-02-2005, 11:55 PM
needles and clowns
gods most horrible inventions
*shudders* :(
Me too!

Aurey
04-02-2005, 11:57 PM
People.

And jellyfish.

Jojee
04-02-2005, 11:59 PM
I'm scared of spiders/bugs/cockroaches like crazy o_0 I FREAK out.

Also heights and stuff like that, too.

Psychotic
04-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Oh yeah my phobia has to be... Psy. :( You wouldn't be the first... :p

Dolls. Old-style dolls. Well, they're not so much a phobia as a thing that I find creepy but there you go :p

kikimm
04-03-2005, 12:12 AM
Guys who wear open-toed shoes/sandals. Really. From far away, they're just gross, but up close, it IS really scary.

I have a lot of other phobias (heights/spiders, etc) but these aren't what I would call strange.=/

:D

Rye
04-03-2005, 12:15 AM
Guys who wear open-toed shoes/sandals. Really. From far away, they're just gross, but up close, it IS really scary.

It's even worse when they wear socks with sandals. :/

Social Moon Firesky
04-03-2005, 12:29 AM
I forgot to metion that if I stare at a rainbow, it overwhelms me and I get really scared. I told my mum this and she was like: 'Okaaaaaaay then...' ^_^ My friends all think it's funny though. :bigbiggri

Ko Ko
04-03-2005, 12:31 AM
Think of thier hairy legs and tell me men should all wear shorts and open toed sandals... :skull4:

Social Moon Firesky
04-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Yuck! *Shivers*

Jojee
04-03-2005, 12:33 AM
Think of thier hairy legs and tell me men should all wear shorts and open toed sandals... :skull4: I think my boyfriend looks sexy when he wears shorts and sandals... <3 He has yummy hairy legs. ;x

Ko Ko
04-03-2005, 12:40 AM
... BECAUSE YOUR BOYFRIEND IS A MONKEY LIKE YOU.

Jojee
04-03-2005, 12:42 AM
No, he's a human ^_^ We're having an inter-special relationship.

Ko Ko
04-03-2005, 12:48 AM
No, he's a human ^_^ We're having an inter-special relationship.
How goes that?

Sasquatch
04-03-2005, 05:29 AM
I'm afraid of needles and spiders, to an extent. I can't even watch somebody get a shot, even if it's on TV, but I've never fainted or anything from getting 'em. I've even given blood, twice. But the first time, the guy that was doing it wasn't very good and missed my vein, then pulled the bigass needle out (or is it a catheter? I think those are just for IVs) and tried to hit it again and missed, and when he pulled it back out I knocked it out of his hand and grabbed his collar and told him if he jabs that thing into me again without hitting what it's supposed to, he's the one that's gonna be laying on the table. Yeah, I don't like needles much.

And I wasn't really too afraid of spiders until I went to Iraq, where they have Camel Spiders, which for some reason are attracted to me and like to run up my arms. Two ran up my arm, and one ran over my hand (at different times), and they all scared the hell out of me. By the way, Camel Spiders get bigger than your hand--I've seen 'em with bodies bigger than my fist, and I've got good size hands.

Luc
04-03-2005, 06:05 AM

Also heights and stuff like that, too.

Necronopticous
04-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Bugs.

Yuzuki130
04-03-2005, 06:13 AM
I can't sleep with my bedroom door closed unless my boyfriend is their... I always seem to let my imagination run away with me... :sweatdrop

Seemore
04-03-2005, 06:47 AM
Right now Im a little meat puppet and iri valentine phobia.

Leeza
04-03-2005, 06:50 AM
Now seems a good time to ask, Do earwigs really go in your ears as you sleep and burst your ear drum? :(
I'd have to say "No" to that.

There are a lot of things that I don't like, but heights would have to be a phobia for me.

Jojee
04-03-2005, 06:52 AM
How goes that? Pretty well, actually ^_^

And I wasn't really too afraid of spiders until I went to Iraq, where they have Camel Spiders, which for some reason are attracted to me and like to run up my arms. Two ran up my arm, and one ran over my hand (at different times), and they all scared the hell out of me. By the way, Camel Spiders get bigger than your hand--I've seen 'em with bodies bigger than my fist, and I've got good size hands. ....Holy alksjdhfkljh *freaks out* T____T I'm never going to Iraq, thanks. asfljhjah./// argh. *Freaks out some more*

I can't sleep with my bedroom door closed unless my boyfriend is their... I always seem to let my imagination run away with me... :sweatdrop Hah, I can't sleep with my door open unless my boyfriend is there. I keep imagining that evil scary things are going to come in through the hallway and stuff. ._.

Right now Im a little meat puppet and iri valentine phobia. No worries, Monkey is here to save you! ;)

Edit: Omg the earwigs thing... my cousin scared me SO much with that when I was younger... T_T;;

Ko Ko
04-03-2005, 06:55 AM
Right now Im a little meat puppet and iri valentine phobia.
:skull3:

kikimm
04-03-2005, 08:47 AM
Hah, I can't sleep with my door open

Yep. Ever since two or three years ago, it's been impossible. The level of my paranoia has escalated, greatly. Unfortunately.

Shlup
04-03-2005, 10:49 AM
A thread at FG reminded me, I'm scared pissless of the movie Happily Ever After (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099733/). I honest to God can't think of anything that scares me more.

nik0tine
04-03-2005, 10:51 AM
Bugs do happen to scare me.

Nod
04-03-2005, 11:17 AM
i knew someone once who was pogonophobic :p

Chemical
04-04-2005, 08:03 PM
I have the fear of:

Having an old man dressed up in a pirate costume tie me down and force feed me centipedes.

Misfit
04-04-2005, 08:09 PM
What she said, except just add EVERY SINGLE INSECT ALIVE EVER there.

I swear, I'll die of a heart attack someday 'cause a bug landed on me.

agrudis
04-04-2005, 08:43 PM
There are 3 things I'm scared of! Darkness, Mr Blobby, and Ronald McDonald!

Anyone ever heard of hippotomonstrosesquipadeliaphobia? It's the fear of long words! Quite ironic, eh?

Jojee
04-04-2005, 08:44 PM
What she said, except just add EVERY SINGLE INSECT ALIVE EVER there.

I swear, I'll die of a heart attack someday 'cause a bug landed on me. Hahah yeah seriously :p :p We should get all us bug phobia people together sometime and then someone evil could release a bug into the room and we'll all freak out and die.

I can imagine it.

It will be funny. :love: :p

Psychotic
04-04-2005, 08:45 PM
Hahah yeah seriously :p :p We should get all us bug phobia people together sometime and then someone evil could release a bug into the room and we'll all freak out and die.

I can imagine it.

It will be funny. :love: :pA chance to annoy both Jojo and Misfit? I VOLUNTEER!

Jojee
04-04-2005, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I was thinking of you when I said someone evil ;)

Zeldy
04-04-2005, 08:49 PM
I used to be afraid of the dark, im not anymore.
I say im afraid of..Daddy longs legs..*squirms*

Dr.K
04-04-2005, 08:52 PM
I don't like moths. At all. The sound they make as they flutter around the light is just...*shudders*

Zeldy
04-04-2005, 08:53 PM
I once got attacked by a moth, It started flying at my neck.. :eek:

CaptRory
04-04-2005, 09:08 PM
I'm not "afraid" of bugs, they just make my skin crawl. When I was little I was at the beach with my mom and somehow I got turned upside down with my head underwater smacking against the bottom. To this day having my head underwater bothers me, or if something covers my head real quick, like if someone were to toss a blanket over me I'd freak out a little til I got it off. I can prepare myself and it won't bother me but suddenly finding my head covered really freaks me out.

Boosk
04-04-2005, 09:48 PM
I had a dream where a circus lady stabbed me in the back with a knife.....Ive been scared of anybody standing behind me since. makes me shudder! and shaddows...
Kagga :love:

Emily52
04-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Bananas and feet.
*shudders*
(And creepy-crawlies)

louby_4eva
04-04-2005, 10:19 PM
I'm sure there was a thread like this about a month ago, nevermind, I'm scared of the lil, round, green, plant things, that stick to clothes *shudders* if one gets stuck to me, I end up screaming, they are very scary. :( but I'll get over it :love: eventually.

Lankyman
04-04-2005, 10:28 PM
Skegness

Sasquatch
04-05-2005, 02:27 AM
I'm also somewhat claustrophobic...didn't mention that. I'm fine, unless I can't move my arms. I can crawl through tunnels and such just fine, but if I'm put in a situation where my arms are against my body and I can't move 'em, I go nuts.

Dignified Pauper
04-05-2005, 02:33 AM
homophobia.... what a worthless fear

Gollum
04-05-2005, 10:17 AM
I used to be scared of earwigs...
When I was smaller I saw some cartoon and this earwig went into a guys ear when he was sleping and at the end of the episode he looked up and you could see the sun glint through his ears and I was scared of earwigs for years

Pheesh
04-05-2005, 11:51 AM
i'm absolutely freaked about getting paper cuts. That may sound really wierd but they just freak me out.

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Blackmageboi
04-05-2005, 01:28 PM
autophobia...the fear of oneself...(not really)
im afraid of getting old but not of dying

The Summoner of Leviathan
04-06-2005, 01:52 AM
Think of thier hairy legs and tell me men should all wear shorts and open toed sandals... :skull4:

*sighs* But I wear shorts and sandals in the summer, I love wearing them. I hate sneakers, I rather go bare footed.

Ko Ko
04-06-2005, 10:09 AM
Haha, whoops. Wherever I go I offend somebody.
Another phobia of mine is kissing. I'm scared sh*tless of it.
When odd men come near me I back up...

Cuchulainn
04-06-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm afraid of biscuits.

Loony BoB
04-06-2005, 11:58 AM
I used to be scared of ants, I haven't seen them for so long now than I don't know if I still am. I'm afraid of love, if that's strange.

Lenna
04-06-2005, 12:20 PM
The only thing I'm scared of is Wasps....And Mike Myers from the Halloween films :D. Me = Horror Freak. I LOVE horror movies, yet the Halloween series are the only film that make me scared when i turn the light off at night.. I mean.. One minute he's there.. and you're like legging it round the corner.. you look back and hes at the corner... WALKING!!!! I mean, how freaky is that.. I just imaging him either doing the same thing as Samara does in the Ring (The video tape fast forwarding thing) or when you're not looking he sprints like a maniac then walks when you look lmfao. But that would just be funny!!!

Social Moon Firesky
04-10-2005, 09:19 PM
While I was in Spain, there were these massive ants, and I was like WHOA! OMSMFG! They were HUGE! And my little bro and dad kicked up their nests and they went crazy and but my little bro *Evil laugh* I thought we were all gonna get eaten alive. Also, I'm now scared of dying in pain, 'cos when we flew back from Spain today, it was really windy and everyone thought we were gonna crash. I'm not scared of the dying bit, just the pain leading up to it...:D Whoever said moths are scary is right. I swear my friend was bitten by a moth. We were at school and a moth swooped down from the ceiling and landed in my hair. I freaked out (I hate moths) and ran out the classroom crying :laugh: and then it landed on my friend's shoulder and she said it bit her. She had this big red lump on her collar-bone...*Shivers*

Blackmageboi
04-10-2005, 09:26 PM
mwahahahha more weapon to use agianst you next time mwahahahaha
im have an irational phoia of woodlice

Social Moon Firesky
04-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Arghhh my God! You creep! Stop sneaking up on me like that! Anyways, next time you come down, I'll fill your socks with wood-lice, so there! Hah! :D

Blackmageboi
04-10-2005, 09:35 PM
hmmm.....then maybe there wont be a naxt time i also have scriptergohobai the fer of writng work...(not really)

ffrinoa8
04-10-2005, 09:36 PM
i guess i should really start reading the whole thread 'cuase i just missed something that went on huh! well strange phobias ...hmm i guess would be speed y'know going really fast on or in something unless it's a rollercoster!

Blackmageboi
04-10-2005, 09:39 PM
i guess i should really start reading the whole thread 'cuase i just missed something that went on huh! well strange phobias ...hmm i guess would be speed y'know going really fast on or in something unless it's a rollercoster!
i and social moon are old frends thats all
i have never been afraid of going too fast cuz if i did i would just leap of or out the viechle

Social Moon Firesky
04-11-2005, 02:53 PM
I love going fast! I don't like rollercoasters though, 'cos they make me barf.

Swordicanus
04-16-2005, 11:02 PM
I find heights freaky...........yeah

Social Moon Firesky
04-17-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm scared of falling. I can go as high as you like, but if I have to jump, I panic.

Project G
04-18-2005, 02:41 PM
I'm afraid of speed and rollercoasters and Cactuars

Jack Skellington
04-18-2005, 02:54 PM
I am scared of sharp edges.
Please don't laugh. They are really evil.
:(

Social Moon Firesky
04-18-2005, 07:52 PM
I know what you mean. I have a friend who is terrified of paper-clips, in case she pokes her eye out with one.

Cuchulainn
04-18-2005, 08:36 PM
I am now afraid of people who are afraid of paper-clips.

Social Moon Firesky
04-18-2005, 08:48 PM
You must be afraid of the majority then, lol.

Cuchulainn
04-18-2005, 08:56 PM
I am now afraid of people who are afraid of paper-clips and are convinced the world is too.

Vyk
04-18-2005, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure I have a phobia... Except like... reasonable insane things. Like I don't want to be set on fire (duh). I have vertigo (high places make me dizzy, but I'm not afraid of them). I can't swim so I have a natural hydrophobia, especially looking out on huge bodies of water. It's kinda overwhelming. But it's not something I can't control. I actually like playing in water.

Whats the word for things that make your skin crawl and your spine tingle... Like what people have with nails on the chalk board. I know that's not a phobia, but I have stuff like that. Not the chalkboard thing, but there are things that just make me sick and squirmy... But not in a phobic sense

Perducci
04-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Coleslaw scares me.

And Insects, and heights. That's pretty much it.

DMKA
04-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Republicanaphobia.

Social Moon Firesky
04-19-2005, 01:15 PM
I am now afraid of people who are afraid of paper-clips and are convinced the world is too.

Well, go up to someone with a paper-clip, and offer to take their eye out with it. If they don't run away scared, start to move the paper-clip towards their eye, and then they will run away, unless they think they're hard and try to beat you up. It's a natural fear! :D

Ko Ko
04-19-2005, 02:02 PM
Phobic person here. Yes.
What Vyk said, I have certain things that aren't phobias, but I'd rather them not happen. :skull4: Like, as common example, when a man runs his finger over my wrists. GOD I hate that. I just want to slap him and say STOP. It sends shivers down my spine, just like when other people play with the veins in thier wrists. Or spit when I look at them. Or piss by the road. Or eat salad with THE WRONG FORK.
I am phobic of these people, wherever and whoever you are. KEEP BACK.

Cuchulainn
04-19-2005, 02:12 PM

Well, go up to someone with a paper-clip, and offer to take their eye out with it. If they don't run away scared, start to move the paper-clip towards their eye, and then they will run away, unless they think they're hard and try to beat you up. It's a natural fear! :D

You could substitute the word 'paperclip' for anything else. What your phobia is, is infact an overwhelming fear of people suddenly getting the urge to gauge your eye out. This reminds me of the Stone Soup story..

Social Moon Firesky
04-19-2005, 06:57 PM
I like to threaten to gauge people's eyes out with spoons. 'Tis great fun to watch their shocked reaction. Oh, and I'm really scared of performing in my Drama exam tomorrow.