PDA

View Full Version : What do you recommend?

Eternal Repose
04-03-2005, 01:12 AM
This might be kind of a stupid thread, but what Square Enix game do you think I should try next? The only ones I've played are Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, and Parasite Eve.

Yeah, I suck, because that's hardly enough. ;) But with the ones I told you, what do you think I'd like the most?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Final Fantasy I-VII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy Tactics
Secret of Mana
Live A Live
Chrono Trigger
Seiken Densetsu 3
Romancing SaGa 3
Super Mario RPG
Xenogears
Chrono Cross
Kingdom Hearts

Jojee
04-03-2005, 03:07 AM
Final Fantasy VII next ^_^

DJZen
04-03-2005, 04:35 AM
Well.... that's only covering the Square half of the equation.

Act Raiser
Soul Blazer
Star Ocean

Uh.....

Actually, most of their games that I've played are on the difficult end of the spectrum... you might want to get more acquainted with RPGs before taking on the 7th Saga :D

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-03-2005, 04:49 AM
For Enix,
Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia
Terranigma
Star Ocean
Star Ocean: The Second Story

DJZen
04-03-2005, 06:05 AM
Surely there's more good Enix games than that....

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-03-2005, 06:23 AM
I haven't finished compiling the list of every game Enix has ever made, but those are the only good ones I can think of. There's also Mischief Makers, but that was made by Treasure. It's not any more an Enix game than Alcahest is a Square game.

Masamuneˇ1600
04-03-2005, 06:57 AM
I would definitely also recommend Chrono Cross for Square games. The only reason I can think of that it wasn't immediately included is the fact that it follows Chrono Trigger. I would recommend playing those games in order, just like it's preferable to play FFX before FFX-2.

I noticed that Dragon Quest/Warrior wasn't included for Enix titles. I'm not a big fan of the franchise myself, but I suppose it's worth noting that they're out there. Go play FF, Chrono, and Xenogears first, though.

DJZen
04-03-2005, 03:32 PM
The reason I personally didn't include it is that, even though I like the series, I can see why a lot of people wouldn't. It's kind of the antithesis of FFVII (at least, the games I've played, which were only DWI-III) in that it's based more on dungeons crawls, long leveling up stretches, and getting lost a ton. In DWI there aren't even any bosses to fight other than Dragonlord (and arguably the green dragon), and most of the plot revolves around saving the princess. It pretty much proves that not all RPGs are plot driven. Someone whose first RPG was FFVII would HATE DWI. Someone whose first RPG was FFVIII or later would probably turn it off without a second thought as soon as the game started.

Personally I like the series, but I have a hard time reccomending it.

Dreddz
04-04-2005, 05:56 PM
Star Ocean Till the End Of Time !
and those other ones

DocFrance
04-04-2005, 07:51 PM
XENOGEARS!

Or, you could go for something that isn't S-E and try the Suikoden series. In fact, I'd highly recommend Suikoden II or III.

youk
04-04-2005, 08:15 PM
i would do FF VII next front missoin or draken gaurd
those are 3 totally difrent game's but there all good

Palindrome
04-04-2005, 09:16 PM
go old school and play Final Fantasy.

Dreddz
04-04-2005, 10:34 PM
yer go for the original 2D Final Fantasys. I recommend I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Oh wait thats all of them

kikimm
04-05-2005, 01:35 AM
Well, you played all of thsoe games, but did you LIKE them? That's more important.

But I say play Drakengard. >=O! And then, of course, play the other FFs. They're all worth a look from you.

:D

Azure Chrysanthemum
04-05-2005, 04:51 AM
Xenogears, hands down. Best darn storyline of any RPG I've ever played, although I hear Suikoden II rivals it.

Tonepoet
04-05-2005, 06:57 AM
Considering that all of those are playstation games, I'd reccomend a package deal. You're twice as likely to like what you get if you get twice as much afterall. I personally would reccomend trying Final Fantasy Anthology out for size. It includes both FF V and VI and while I haven't played much of V, VI is superb. FF VI has fourteen differnt playable characters, a wonderful plot, a flowing battle system and plenty of freedom in the second half of the game. The music isn't half bad either and infact, I'd have to say that is indeed an understatment.

However, you might want to steer clear of it if you don't like 16 bit, 2D graphics because that's exactly what both games in Anthology are. The reason for that is of course that both games originally came out on the SNES so they had to conform to SNES standards. (Anthology itself is for the playstation of course so you don't have to worry about compatibility issues.)

For a 3D game, I'd reccomend FF VII. Logically it's one of the only 3D Playstation game left in the FF series and has plenty of touching moments. Materia is interesting and the plot can be quite involving. It's been a while since I played though so I can't say much more about it though. . . Oh well, I doubt you'd regret getting it.

Well, those are my recomendations. I hope they help you come to a decision.

nik0tine
04-05-2005, 08:47 AM
I recommend any and all of the Final Fantasy games (Except X-2). I also would recommend Kingdom Hearts.

...However, I demand that you go out and buy Xenogears right now!!! It's truly an incredible game. One of the best ever made in my opinion.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Oh, man, I totally forgot about E.V.O.: Search for Eden. It's phenomenal, really.