PDA

View Full Version : Okey dokey, got the idea for a card game.

Harvest Moon
04-03-2005, 03:12 AM
It'll take some time so you all can do mes a big favor and pick out your monster. See, in rpgs there be many MANY monsters but only a handful of pcs. (Supposedly..) infact in most games the "heroes" are few and far between and the "villains" are nameless numbers sacrificing themselves to thier leader or so you told, why? And doesn't it strike you as odd that heroes get so damn powerful and all the best stuff like some kind of evil dictator? Heck even the guys in FF7 ADMITTED to being terrorists!

So in conjuction with that the card game will be based on my upcoming rpg but with a new twist, rather then fighting as you would as a "mage" or "fighter" or some other godly pc being, you're simply a monster, and you team up with other monsters for your political motivations. (Red and Blue States still apply.) and the only "progression" table is that you get somewhat tougher as you fight on and on and gain substatioal health in search of better magick items and equipment. But as a whole you don't swoop down vengance extravigantly on anything. I've seen entire batches of monsters beaten down in one attack in some games, that won't happen in this one. However back to the card game.. (Note: you may choose any 8 to 16-bit monster, boss, or npc monster like dragons and stuffs. You may even choose conjurations cause as we all know the "heroes" tame and eventualy use the monsters as pawns in thier little game..)
"Elements"
http://www.geocities.com/glamispokerrun/symbols.jpg
There are consecutively four (Five if you count colerless..) elements. Each reprensing a differant energy that cycles our universe. (Okay it's simple poker symbols, shutup. xP)
Spades are weak towards hearts. Their power striken armies and combat tactics fester greatly but pail to the passion that is a hearts..

Hearts answer to to clubs. Clubs know secrets that astound even the gods, and will use them to make tools of the already controlled puppet masses.

Clubs fail against spades. The spades sheer magnificant power proves brawn overpowers brains when it boils right down.

And diamonds are weak against other diamonds. If only they could put thier arrogrance and greed aside they could rule.

Colorless has no weakness, and to that extent nothing is weak against colorless. It's bleak but perpetual exsistance represents us all and the constant struggle for inner balance.

In gaming terms all attack damage done by your weakness is doubled. For instance if a clubs character dealt ten damage to a hearts, it's dealt twenty damage instead.

Run.
All characters have to know when to retreat. Cowardness is a sign of common sense. know when to hold'em, know when to fold'em..

In gaming terms when you attempt to "run" you have to discard the appropiate amount of energy cards attached to that character inorder to succesfuly run away. For instance say a character has a run cost of 2. I have to come up with two ENERGY to allow him to run away succesfuly. Not two energy cards, as there will be cards that supply multiple energies, but ENERGY..

The frontlines and the backrow.
You have an active character and the peoples in the backrow. The active character is the one who attacks, runs back to the backrow, takes the defending character's attacks, etc. The backrow is your army. You can still attatch things to them unless otherwise noted.. When your backrow is full you can no longer place characters from your hand into play or summon conjurations. You would have to have space inorder to do that. The character limit for your backrow is three. Three in the back, one in the front, however there will be cards to change this amount..

CARDS: Obviously can't have a card game without cards. Here's the main types of cards and what they do..

Characters.
Characters represent people, they have attacks, abilities, etc. They will be the main focus of your deck as they will center around your victory and or defeat.

On a differant level.
Each character has differant "levels". Levels 0-6 will be seen mostly. Represnting the power level of that character. When you defeat a character you gain points equal to the slain character's level. And when you reach 20 or more you win.

Sensies.
Sensies can be any character, they go at the side of the board and represent who your character's serve. At any time you can play the sensie. (Even if your backrow is full you can send one of your other character's to your hand and replace it with them, even the active one!) but if your sensie dies you immideatly lose the game so be careful. Sensies has a variety of effects outside the playing field. Your deck size is normaly limited to 60 but with a sensie you can increase the maxium allowerd cards depending on it's level. For example a level 6 character or conjuration would allow 66 cards in your deck. Sensie's level also determines how many extra cards you can have in the hand at the end of every given turn. (The default being four.)

Attacks.
Regardless of conjuration or character, all things have attacks, like a turn based rpg if you have the required energy you can call the attack you want to call on that character and have him peform it. However you can only attatch one energy card per turn and only during your turn (Unless a card states otherwise.) so be weary.. There's also special abilities in which you can activate, most character's special abilities only work while active but some work in the backrow or are constant.

=Ailments=
Some attacks can introduce an ailment onto the defending character. Here is the ailments and what they do.

POISEN: At the end of every turn deal 10 damage to a poisend character. This effect countinues even while in the backrow.

SLEEP: At the end of every turn your opponent flips a coin, if tails he or she is still asleep. Sleeping characters cannot attack nor run. But if somehow they manage to get into the back row they wakeup.

PARALYZED: Paralyzation only lasts for a turn but during that turn they cannot attack nor run, much like sleep if they can get to the backrow somehow the paralysis fades away.

FEAR: As long as a character is infected with FEAR he or she cannot attack, this status lasts even while in the backrow.

DISEASED: Though your character doesn't particularly react towards being diseased, it remains while even in the backrow. If at anytime ALL your characters are infected with the diseased ailment.. you lose bucko..

CONFUSED: When your character becomes confused and you go to attack flip a coin, if tails you have to attack either yourself or someone in your back row. If you go to run while confused pay the appropiate energy and flip a coin, if tails the run was unsuccesful. Once sent to the backrow a character is no longer confused.

Artifacts.
There are many of items in our universe, and artifacts represent these. Artifacts serve as your "virtual attack". They have a colorless energy cost always to activate said effect, and after you use them you can then attack. You can even activate an artifact's skill during your opponent's turn! However only ONCE per turn.

Artifact=Equipments.
These are attached to characters or conjurations and have a variety of effects.

Action cards.
Actions can be played only during your turn before you attack.

Event cards.
Events can be played at any given time.

Land cards.
Only one land can be in play at a time, when a new land is played discard the old one to it's owner's graveyard.

How do i win?
as i explained earlier, either by gathering enough points through victory, slaying the sensie, your opponent having NO characters in play, them all being infected with the disease ailment, or waiting for your opponent to "deckout". (When he or she can't draw anymore cards.)

Okay so i can have no more then 60 unless i have a sensie, how little can i have?
30 card minimum.

During the start?
At the beggening of the duel each player draws 7 cards, puts on an active character and some in the backrow if he or she chooses, and that's about it untill you know who gos first. If you have no characters in hand you can call time-out. You shuffle your hand back into your deck and draw a new hand with one less card. Keep doing this till you have a character in hand. If by the last uno card you do not have a character, they judge may select a character from your deck and put it into play as your active character and you start off with no cards in the hand.

How do we find out who gos first?
A little process i like to call "keep it pure". You and your opponent choose an element (Even colorless.) and count the number of characters in your deck, whomever has the most of the chosen element gets to go first. This encourages mono-color decks i know, hence keeping it pure.

How will boosters be distrubuted?
I can make 200 card sets each expansion. And sense you need cards as well as energy i will make a special "elemental booster" which consists of nothing but energy cards. (Still randomly generated.) You can choose to have in any combination 5 boosters from elemental or a regular booster. Sense there is no gold system on here like the pokemon leagues, you earn points through playing, winning, and losing. And can buy based off your point amount. But keep a record of more then just your points, i'll be awarding promotionals to both the best and the worst amongst you..

Just post here which monster yous guys wants to be. It's obvious which one i'm being from my av. Orange Wizzrobes were differant from blue ones, they were less agressive, teleported in a chess formation instead of wherever link was lasting standing and sometimes dissapeared completely rather then sticking around for link to kill them. And they call the blue wizzrobes the smarter ones.. HAH!

If you're wondering what gave me this idea i saw a gas station named Super Mario Bros Gas. And sense gas is so damn expensive and pollutes our air i can honostly say that sounds more like a badguy. Besides if you notice super mario himself in super mario bros replaces King Koopa's peace sign with a red star flag. (Commie bastard!!!)

Harvest Moon-Orange Wizzrobe/Legend of Zelda.(whichever elemt is needed to create better game balance.)
Foos-Stalfo/Legend of Zelda.(Diamonds.)
Psychotic-Gator/FF1.(Hearts)
Iri Valentine-Blue Wizzrobe/Legend of Zelda. (colorless.)

Psychotic
04-03-2005, 03:13 AM
Will it have crocodiles in it?

Pheesh
04-03-2005, 03:17 AM
woooo! crocodiles!!!

Peace out and :rock:
EE

Harvest Moon
04-03-2005, 03:26 AM
oh another thing i forgot is you get to pick your element.

diamond, clubs, hearts, spades, or colorless.

there's no point in picking your level as i use that as a game mechanism, the more original your monster selection though the more inclined your card will be to be more likeable probably, but the level system was designed to bring balance to the game.

Harvest Moon
04-03-2005, 04:05 AM
if you got any questions about the card game feel free to ask.

crashNUMBERS
04-03-2005, 04:09 AM
Your always creating stuff harvest...

Harvest Moon
04-03-2005, 04:17 AM
Your always creating stuff harvest...
Wouldn't that be something if I turned out to be God..
But am always making meation of the devil like he's cool and stuffs..
But God created the devil so in-turn I created my own idol..
Who exsisted before me thus the devil must've created I God..
But then that would mean God and the devil are one in the same on a differant axis of the much more meak spell being I..

Just be glad I didn't bring Jesus into the picture. :tongue:

Ko Ko
04-03-2005, 04:21 AM
I wish I could play it.

Harvest Moon
04-03-2005, 04:25 AM
I wish I could play it.
why wouldn't you be able to? It'll be avaliable to everyone. :)

all you gotta do is think about which game sprite monster yous want to be and what element. (diamond, spades, clubs, hearts, or colorless..)

Ko Ko
04-03-2005, 04:59 AM
Agh... I'm not really intelligent enough. There are too many open factors and my brain would phizzle.
Your card game determines who's smart and who's stupid. :skull3:

Harvest Moon
04-03-2005, 07:20 PM
it's okay, being cute beats thinking anyday. ^_--

the funny part is this is one of my simpler card-game ideas, the full original one used four differant stats in an attempt to gain points by putting peoples on terrain but the characters never "attacked" even though they has "health" and could put on "equipemt". thier goal was to either destory or complete lands. Yeah, that card-game wouldn't have flown for the sheer fact that everything would come down to who had the best of diamond or spade stat. The other two stats were only useful under very limited circumstances.. :mad:

Ko Ko
04-03-2005, 07:27 PM
it's okay, being cute beats thinking anyday. ^_--

the funny part is this is one of my simpler card-game ideas
THANKS HARVEST. Now I feel REALLY intellectual.
And besides.. you have NO idea what I look like! :confused:

Harvest Moon
04-03-2005, 07:29 PM
I could get into how i have scry pools, crystals, and tarot decks.. but i won't.. :tongue:

Ko Ko
04-03-2005, 07:35 PM
I could get into how i have scry pools, crystals, and tarot decks.. but i won't.. :tongue:
.... I am mortified.
OH NOW I GET IT. My sig, right?
Right...? :confused:

Harvest Moon
04-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Yes your sig.. ofcourse.. >_>

By the way, you should wear your blue PJs more often.. :tongue:

Ko Ko
04-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Yes your sig.. ofcourse.. >_>

By the way, you should wear your blue PJs more often.. :tongue:

Eep. !!
Now I'm really mortified. He knows I wear blue PJ's.
But then! (AHA , clever Iri!) I'm not cute! So he can't see me! HA.
Back on topic!!

Harvest Moon
04-03-2005, 08:38 PM
Note to self: Make Blue PJ equipment card and Hello Kitty.. >: D

ANYWAYS, you're right you're not cute..
You're adorable. ^.^