PDA

View Full Version : Remember the noob days?

Fullmonty
04-03-2005, 08:44 AM
I know some people are high lvl like me, like Lionx for example. well i was going through my friends list and looking at people i added when i was a noob, some i couldnt remember and some i remembered helping me or something when i was new, and some i passed in lvl like 2 times lol. I dunno why i am posting this, but since i started a new char i realized just how much in this game i have completed, and it is LOTS! When i play my new char i have to party with some noobs and i see things i used to do when i was a noob, anyone have funny stories from what they did when they were a noob plz share :D

Miriel
04-03-2005, 09:01 AM
I'm still a n00b. =)

The first day I logged on, I couldn't figure out how to make my moogle shut up. So I was trapped in my Mog House for ages. ;_;

But Levian did the same thing when he first started and I laughed cause he's dense like me!

zoti
04-03-2005, 10:42 AM
first time i logged inn i didn't know how to logout >.< so i just restarted my pc lol ;P

Miriel
04-03-2005, 11:20 AM
first time i logged inn i didn't know how to logout >.< so i just restarted my pc lol ;P
Hahahahahaha. xD

Destai
04-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Im lv11. and Ive bought new equipment more than once and Ive got lots of munnies.. Am I still a n00b?

zoti
04-03-2005, 12:11 PM
most ppl are n00bs until they get they'r sub-job

Levian
04-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Ha, yes, first time I was there, I didn't know how to log out either, so also just restarted. I actually didn't know there was a second page of the menu for ages. I just used the /logout command since someone told me when I asked them.

I also got stuck in the mog house like Miriel said, yes. >:/ I said "How do I make people shut up?" in the linkshell, and she actually figured out what the problem was. Go Miriel!

chionos
04-03-2005, 07:52 PM
nOOb = any level character that exhibits a lack of understanding about the basics of FFXI in general. In other words they're stupid.

newb = a low level person.

I'm still a newb @ 45 I feel. But i stopped being a nOOb around lvl 25 or so.
I remember when I first got on it took me a while to get down the difference between /tell, /shout, and /say. I was in Windurst Woods /shout-ing to my friend in East Sarutabaruta.

/shout Kenoa why won't you answer me you prick!

Lionx
04-04-2005, 01:19 AM
Yeah :x i remember some people but some were lost on me..and some never go online ever again..=/

I stopped being a n00b once i was out of the beta testing period. Funny thing is, i got the right SJ on my WHM during beta, only it was underleveled. XD But i remember going omg would mobs pop out of bushes? Omg Tahrongi...ima get lost *Scared and runs back to Saruta* and dying to endless ammounts of Cardians and going back with a taru friend for more XD Fun times.

lordblazer
04-04-2005, 03:09 AM
I remember my noob days,Most of all my friends are people i met when i was a noob.ME and Erikorn and Iife has a great partnership going on since we were lvl 1 literally.WE wer ethe type of noobs that would just jump out and do things that are highly dangerous and suicidal.Like PT in Tahrongi Canyons at lvl 7.Ahh those were the good days. I remember when Zaleah a tarutaru he was using his monk.He tried to tank a MM it was hilarious.We called him Rambo ever since.Ahhh those were the days.Before everyone just started to goto valkrum.

Misfit
04-04-2005, 12:46 PM
I used to drop Beastmen Seals when I was new 'cause I thought they were worthless. :x

Vaprice
04-04-2005, 10:48 PM
To be honest Im still a n00b at heart ^^

For instance I dont know all the lingo that eevryone on my ls talks about...like the BCNM, and AF armor (But I now know what that is!!!) etc....it was rather funny =P

Though still do it

Fullmonty
04-05-2005, 12:39 AM
heh, that is cool that i got a lot of posts on this one. I thrw away like 40 beastman seals b4 i figured out they were awesome, lvled my 1st chars WAR to 30 with a lvl 8 MNK sub lol, also it took me a while b4 i knew you could push CNTRL+"R" to respond to people lol, looking back i have made some good RL friends from meeting them outside FFXI also and have had a LOT of fun playing FFXI, i am like Lionx, i have been playing since beta, and have 2 lvl 75 chars on 2 different servers, for anyone that may ask, this game is WELL WORTH THE PRICE!!!! It will be hard when you first start, but when you gee the flow of the game and get the hang of things it gets a lot better, the game is pretty fun from lvl 1-70, but when you break 70 and can do all the things in sky and dynamis and such, you will have a ball. Mobs that take 64 people to kill are fun, i dont care what you say lol

UltimateSpamGrover
04-05-2005, 12:47 AM
I used to drop Beastmen Seals when I was new 'cause I thought they were worthless. :x

I didnt use the AH until level 8, I subbed RDM for my WAR until level 45, yeah..., and I dont have Ninja unlocked yet. (as of the date this was posted)

Vaprice
04-05-2005, 02:14 AM
You know I havent gotten to the 60 something people killing a mob yet but Im sure its priceless when you beat it and everyone dies except for one......lol....and all of the whm's dont have raise =P

Thats like car insurance...

"Deeds whats that big dent in your car for?"

"Well I was chasing down this rarab in sarutabaruta right and this yagudo comes out of nowhere and sprays me down with PANTENE PRO-V!!!!! What yagudo does that?!?!?!?! Its herbal essence all the way!"

"That still doesn't explain the dent..."

"Yeah yeah you have the gills"

Ouch!
04-05-2005, 03:24 AM
"Deeds whats that big dent in your car for?"

"Well I was chasing down this rarab in sarutabaruta right and this yagudo comes out of nowhere and sprays me down with PANTENE PRO-V!!!!! What yagudo does that?!?!?!?! Its herbal essence all the way!"

"That still doesn't explain the dent..."

"Yeah yeah you have the gills"
Seriously man, what the crap?

I remember the newb days. The only thing that I can remember was trying to point and click to move around everywhere instead of using the number pad. I was so relieved when I found out I could ditch the mouse.

Lionx
04-05-2005, 04:03 AM
Real men dont use instruction booklets. :)

zoti
04-05-2005, 01:54 PM
also it took me a while b4 i knew you could push CNTRL+"R" to respond to people lol

lol i found this thingie a week ago and was like "OMFG found something cool!!!" in my LS then i told them what it was and they were like "Lol" ;P >.<

Miriel
04-05-2005, 05:54 PM
Yeah, Mik told me about the Ctrl + R thing in my first 5 minutes of playing. I think that's the most useful thing the silly Taru ever taught me. :)

One of the first few days I was in Windy, I kept hearing shouts for Teleports and I thought it'd be fun to go, so I found a white mage, paid the 500 gil and then...nothing.

The white mage was like, "What the hell? You DO have your crystal right?!"

I bet I gave him a good laugh.

Fullmonty
04-06-2005, 01:02 AM
I remember another story about my noob days, i was traveling with a friend from selbina to mhuara going to get my mea crystal FINALLY! i was trying to fish on the boat and my friend was higher lvl killing when i caught a monster. Then Sea Horror popped, my friend told me "MOVE NOW!" but i didnt listen, i was like "Hes been there for like 10 seconds and hasnt aggroed me", obviously i didnt know that it takes a few seconds before mobs aggro yet, you can imagine my suprise when i casted my line @ lvl 20 and got one shotted. My friend always makes fun of me for that....even to this day and i am lvl 75 now lol, hope you enjoyed

Renegade135
04-06-2005, 11:05 AM
I'm still a n00b. I've only had the game since yesterday. And when I first played I didn't know how to log out either so I ended the games's process.

Misfit
04-06-2005, 12:34 PM
One of the first few days I was in Windy, I kept hearing shouts for Teleports and I thought it'd be fun to go, so I found a white mage, paid the 500 gil and then...nothing.

The white mage was like, "What the hell? You DO have your crystal right?!"

I bet I gave him a good laugh.
Hahahahahaha, that is gooood.

lordblazer
04-06-2005, 09:38 PM
I'm still a n00b. I've only had the game since yesterday. And when I first played I didn't know how to log out either so I ended the games's process.
lol luckily i watched my cousin play this game on his PS2 before i started playing the game and i just typed /logout like my cousin does.