PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Animee Anyone?

smittenkitten
04-03-2005, 04:44 PM
Wel do u? I have too many but I like Macross Plus, Akira, Tenchi Muyo and i also love Cowboy Beebop! :love: xXx

Armisael
04-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion,Ah!My Goddess!,S-cry-ED,Trigun,Escaflowne,Love Hina etc.

smittenkitten
04-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion,Ah!My Goddess!,S-cry-ED,Trigun,Escaflowne,Love Hina etc.
Cool Cool! :D

TheAbominatrix
04-03-2005, 04:55 PM
Kagaku Ninjatai Gatchaman, Bishoujo Senshi Sailormoon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Hana Yori Dango, Tonari no Totoro, Boogiepop Phantom

Apollo
04-03-2005, 05:02 PM
I love cowboy beebop too!!!

TheAbominatrix
04-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Cowboy BeBop.

smittenkitten
04-03-2005, 05:09 PM
Cowboy BeBop.
I like cowboy Beebop because i think ed is funny and i like the story :D

Zeldy
04-03-2005, 05:10 PM
Naruto! :D

XxSephirothxX
04-03-2005, 05:11 PM
Cowboy Bebop

Daryl
04-03-2005, 05:53 PM
Sailor Moon is my favorite. I've also enjoyed Trigun, Chobits, FLCL and Hellsing. I haven't seen many others.

eestlinc
04-03-2005, 06:08 PM
Cowboy Bebop > all

Spammerman
04-03-2005, 06:12 PM
my favorites are INuyasha,Fullmetal alchemist,Case Closed

lordblazer
04-03-2005, 06:18 PM
BECK

smittenkitten
04-03-2005, 06:59 PM
does't anyone like Akira or Macross Plus?Xx

Necronopticous
04-03-2005, 07:04 PM
Mahoromatic, BECK, FLCL, Blood, Great Teacher Onizuka, and Cardcaptor Sakura are on equal levels as best for me.

edit:: Oh, and Pokémon (episodes 1-81 only)

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-03-2005, 07:11 PM
I basically like all anime. I think they are all so cool!!! :D

Marshall Banana
04-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Definitely Inuyasha.

Perducci
04-03-2005, 07:37 PM
Naruto! :D

I also like .Hack//sign and Final Fantasy Unlimited (Nomatter how repetitive it can get... ^^)

Necronopticous
04-03-2005, 07:42 PM
Final Fantasy Unlimited (Nomatter how repetitive it can get... ^^)Agreed, there is something special about seeing nostalgic Final Fantasy trademarks through an anime medium, even if it's not the best one around.

MJN SEIFER
04-03-2005, 07:52 PM
Ham-ham

TidaRalique
04-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo own all.

Alice
04-03-2005, 09:01 PM
i really love:

Azumanga Daioh
Chobits
X
Love Hina
Digimon

All the abover in my list r soo good, you should all watch em! Azumanga is probably the best if your looking for comedy, while X would be best for seriousness.. :)

Oh I forgot! I loooove Gravitation, suichii *drool*

Khabal
04-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Ryth
04-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Full Metal Alchemist

smittenkitten
04-03-2005, 09:40 PM
I also like Ghost in the Shell and Metropolis oh i almost forgot about final fantasy unlimited i like lisa because she's caring and i love chobo i really want a CHOCOBO! :D xXx

Venom65437
04-03-2005, 09:48 PM
The only one I've ever really liked, Ronin Warriors. Yea I know you don't know what it is.

Cowboy BeBop isn't to bad thou.

Guess I'm just not a big anime guy.

Undecided
04-03-2005, 09:56 PM
With one exception I'll avoid listing any of the aforementioned animes, even though some of them deserves to get on my list of favorites.

In no particular order:

Neon Genesis Evangelion
Serial Experiments Lain
Ghost in the Shell - Standalone Complex
Mermaid Forest (OVA)
Nausica in the Valley of the Wind

As for the Final Fantasy animes, I thought Legend of the Crystals was better than Unlimited, though neither of them was any good.

EDIT: Forgot that there was a Mermaid Forest TV Series (which I haven't seen).

fire_of_avalon
04-03-2005, 10:33 PM
Cowboy BeBop is my current favorite, but Gundam Wing and Serial Experiments Lain are veeery close behind.

And Abominatrix, BoogiePop, or what I saw of it, was freaky. o_o

Spammerman
04-03-2005, 11:22 PM
i also like ruroini kenshin and yu-yu-hakusho

Sepho
04-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Naruto.

I've seen all of Full Metal Alchemist, most of Cowboy Bebop and Trigun, and a little of almost everything that's ever shown up on Cartoon Network at some point. A lot of what I've seen is movies, too.

Necronopticous
04-04-2005, 12:18 AM
Serial Experiments LainI really liked Lain but damn it could be slow sometimes. I like her style sense once she kind of goes crazy, I wish I could make my room look like she eventually makes hers.

TheAbominatrix
04-04-2005, 02:38 AM
The only one I've ever really liked, Ronin Warriors. Yea I know you don't know what it is.

Its called Yoroiden Samurai Troopers in Japan. It's an awesome show.

And Abominatrix, BoogiePop, or what I saw of it, was freaky. o_o

I know! I love it. There's supposed to be/have been a live action version of it, Im desperate to find it.

And about Akira... that anime is a flaming pile of garbage once you've read the manga. It's amazing that they got that nonsense from that wonderful manga series.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-04-2005, 02:44 AM
It's at least partially accountable to the fact that the Akira manga hadn't even been finished when the movie was made.

TheAbominatrix
04-04-2005, 02:54 AM
Ah, I didnt know that. Still, there's no contest as to which one is better.

Of course, I dont think I've ever found an anime series that's outshined it's manga counterpart.

edczxcvbnm
04-04-2005, 02:55 AM
.hack//SIGN is my favorite. Other notable Japanese Cartoons that I like are

Dragonball
Gundam(take your pick)
Fullmetal Alchemist
RahXephon

There are 2 things I am a sucker for. Stuido Bones and Gundam. My weaknesses. Studio Bones usually starts off really good what they try to do either collapses in on itself to an extent or finishes great. Gundam...well that is for the most part good with a few exceptions. Seed Destiny is really good right now.

Optium
04-04-2005, 03:22 AM
My favorite was Cowboy Bebop, just above Trigun. I didn't think anything
could top Bebop though. Then I saw the Vision of Escaflowne.

Holy crap.

.opt

PS, Abom: http://www.boxtorrents.com/download.php/11411/boogiepop%20and%20others.torrent

I've also been watching a lot of Full Metal Alchemist recently, up to like
episode 20. It's really good so far.

DarknessFromAbove
04-04-2005, 03:27 AM
Mmmmmmmm anime :love: I love them all so much, but lately I've really goten into Full Metal Alchemist

edczxcvbnm
04-04-2005, 03:41 AM
FMA is great all the way to the end. I can't wait for the movie.

TheAbominatrix
04-04-2005, 03:44 AM
Much love to Optium! Thanks man <3 <3

Speaking of live action series, Tawain is coming out with the best. They've done Hana Yori Dango (Meteor Garden), Mars, Tramps Like Us... tons of em. Most of em were just manga beforehand though.

Undecided
04-04-2005, 05:11 AM
And about Akira... that anime is a flaming pile of garbage once you've read the manga. It's amazing that they got that nonsense from that wonderful manga series.

I didn't think the anime was any good even before I read the manga.

Of course, I dont think I've ever found an anime series that's outshined it's manga counterpart.

Mostly true, though there is a few exceptions. I prefered the Hellsing anime to the manga, even though they are good for different reasons. Also, the Mermaid Forest OVA is better than the manga it's based on.

Rinen
04-04-2005, 07:02 AM
I love anime so much, I devoted all that I have made to buying anime. So now I have myself an eight foot tall mountain that continues to grow. I can't say what my favourite anime is, nor can I give a solid list. I love watching anime, and if I cant get a hold of anything to watch, I'll even watch the horrible butchered versions on tv.

The Boogiepop Phantom & Others, is out I hear. Animenation.com got it not too long ago. For a while you could pre-order it. I haven't been able to get a hold of that (I forgot to buy that when I ordered anime, I'm interested in seeing BP in live action form)

smittenkitten
04-04-2005, 08:05 AM
wel i really liked Gundam wing but still Beebop is one of the best!xXx

DMKA
04-04-2005, 11:41 AM
Puni Puni Poemi! :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/puni_shot.jpg

Sailor Moon!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/sm1.jpg

And Excel Saga!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v190/devilmaykickass/excel1.jpg

:<3::<3::<3:

Erdrick Holmes
04-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Street Fighter. I'm currently waiting for the Street Fighter Alpha 2 anime to be finished.

smittenkitten
04-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Street fighter is cool anyone here could you go to my other thread on eoeach other i really need people's help?x

DMKA
04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
Street Fighter. I'm currently waiting for the Street Fighter Alpha 2 anime to be finished.
Street Fighter II: Teh Animated Movie > the rest.

Lankyman
04-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Anime. Yay... :p Just gives me WAFF

Anyhow, faves have to be;

Naruto
Evangelion
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell

I have too much anime to pick really, there's loads of stuff I love.

Dreddz
04-04-2005, 10:39 PM
Akira, Black Jack, Fist Of The North Star, Full Metal Alchemist and Legend Of The Four Kings.
About Box Torrents. I downloaded Fatal Fury but cant get it to work. You do play them on Real player dont you

About the Box torrents thing. When I try opening it on Real player it says requires following software but nothing comes up. When I look at the top it says requires OGM. What the hell is that. Please Help !!!!

<b>Edit by Kishi: Don't double-post.</b>

Spammerman
04-04-2005, 11:12 PM
not many ppl here watch case closed

Dreddz
04-04-2005, 11:25 PM
I cant download that Videolan thing. What the hell is OGM. It keeps saying Requires OGM. What the hell is OGM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nod
04-04-2005, 11:30 PM
Fist of The North Star (the series)- awesome
Ninja Scroll- also totally awesome
Urotsukidoji- Weird, but totally amusing and awesome! :D
:D

Gwelenguchenkus
04-04-2005, 11:56 PM
Angel Sanctuary and Samurai X > all

TheAbominatrix
04-05-2005, 02:46 AM
not many ppl here watch case closed

Cause it sucks.

And I've yet to see a Street Fighter anime that was the least bit good, save for the one movie (the one where Chun Li fights Vega in her apartment). The rest of them are non-sensical garbage.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-05-2005, 02:54 AM
I like Detective Conan's combination of cutesy character designs, violent bloody murder, and completely ridiculous plot devices. I actually explained to some people once the bit where Conan shoots an authority figure with a tranquilizer dart, then speaks into his bowtie, causing him to sound exactly like the person he shot, and solves the mystery, and even though everyone's attention is on the person supposedly doing the talking, they never notice that that person isn't moving his or her mouth and is completely unconscious. Got a lot of "Now wait a MINUTE here" comments. Good times.

Shoeberto
04-05-2005, 03:01 AM
Bebop, obviously, is brilliant. Hellsing is great for mindless, engaging action. Escaflowne is a really great multi-tiered story that has appeal for everyone. Lain is weird as hell but is a really engaging watch.

Fullmetal Alchemist really has me drawn in, though. There's just so many levels to that story and so much being covered that I can't help but be in love with it.

Dreddz
04-05-2005, 11:02 AM
Cause it sucks.

And I've yet to see a Street Fighter anime that was the least bit good, save for the one movie (the one where Chun Li fights Vega in her apartment). The rest of them are non-sensical garbage.

That fight was great and best in the movie. E.hondas fight with
Dhalsim ( dunno how to spell his name ) was just as good but to short

smittenkitten
04-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Akira, Black Jack, Fist Of The North Star, Full Metal Alchemist and Legend Of The Four Kings.
:D FINALLY someone actually likes AKIRA!you know this animee inspired them to make the Matrix!xXx

DMKA
04-05-2005, 11:44 AM
Yep! That's Street Fighter II: Teh Animated Movie! :D

Sepho
04-05-2005, 12:31 PM
I cant download that Videolan thing. What the hell is OGM. It keeps saying Requires OGM. What the hell is OGM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A video file format that's supposed to be an alternative to AVI. It's not as popular, but since the audio is in OGG format (which compresses better), there's supposed to be room left for a higher video quality. Or something. My Cowboy Bebop is in OGM format and it looks and sounds great. You'll have to find a media player that is OGM-compatible. I use the Core Media Player, which is buggy as heck, but it's convenient in that you don't have to mess with subtitle files.

Dreddz
04-05-2005, 01:05 PM
Thanks to Sepho

I didnt know Akira inspired the Matrix before but thinking about it I can inderstand

Dreddz
04-05-2005, 01:07 PM
Anyone know any Media Player that have an OGM format that work on Macintosh thanks

boris no no
04-05-2005, 01:26 PM
Neon genesis evangelion
spirited away
ghost in a sheel
akira
castle in the sky
digimon

thats all for now. the list could go on forever! but i cannot be bothered! :tongue:

Shoeberto
04-05-2005, 08:37 PM
A video file format that's supposed to be an alternative to AVI. It's not as popular, but since the audio is in OGG format (which compresses better), there's supposed to be room left for a higher video quality. Or something. My Cowboy Bebop is in OGM format and it looks and sounds great. You'll have to find a media player that is OGM-compatible. I use the Core Media Player, which is buggy as heck, but it's convenient in that you don't have to mess with subtitle files.
Media Player Classic is also very OGM friendly, as well as open source and roxor.

You'll still need to set up the codecs properly, though, which is fixed simply with a google search.

rubah
04-07-2005, 01:01 AM
I like the two I've seen much of-- Trigun and Sailor Moon.

If I remembered anything about it, I'd probably like digimon too:D

withered
04-07-2005, 01:42 AM
3x3 Eyes, it is the best I have ever seen.
Appleseed, Akira, Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky and Mimi's Postal Serviceare all very good.

Razo
04-07-2005, 05:30 AM
Love Hina
It's the only one i've seen

AkiraMakie
04-07-2005, 08:38 AM
I can never really say what my favorite anime is. It all depends on what im into at the moment. Like right now, i think my favoite would be BubbleGum Crisis 2040. But i also like Scrapped Princess too.

Other anime that i really liike are, in no particular order:

Furi Kuri
Ghost in teh SHell
GTO
Love Hina
Gunslinger Girls
Kenshin
Kiki's Delivery Service
Speed Racer (classic anime, you gotta love it)
Akira
Eva
Azumanga

Im sure theres many more, but those are the ones i can think of right off hand.

Edit: I dont know how i left out Samurai Champloo. This is a great new series.

Drift
04-07-2005, 05:58 PM
Naruto, Bleach, Samurai 7 and Gundam SeeD Destiny and mebbe Melody Of Oblivion if i can find it again

FiragaBreak
04-07-2005, 06:17 PM
My favorite shows would be Cowboy Bebop, Cased Closed, Dragonball, Z, and GT, Speed Racer, and Hiraku No Go.

Spiffing Cheese
04-11-2005, 09:44 PM
Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT (obsessive) are my favourites :D
Buu is the best!

Mercen-X
04-11-2005, 10:12 PM
Will Trigun ever make a return to television? I don't like shopping for animes. I get dizzy. It's like shopping for lingerie for your girlfriend when you know that her father will kill you if he finds out.

Also, InuYasha, R.O.D the TV, FLCL (even though it's weird and confusing), Gad Guard, I'm not a huge fan of Cowboy Bebop but any fight scene involving heavy use of guns and swords and fists is worth watching.
I don't really have time to watch anime, I'm too busy trying turn the world into one huge anime production.

Samurai: Champloo and Deeper Kyo and X
Saiyuki Reload
Rurouni Kenshin

Rinen
04-13-2005, 10:26 AM
All my anime in my closet. I have all the shelves dedicated to it. It's a shame, I'm too addicted to anime. I'm a fan of all anime. If I cant get my hands to watch any anime, I'll even watch Hamtaro or any other butchered stuff on tv.

Yew-Yevon
04-13-2005, 04:14 PM
Love Hina will do it for me............i'v never seen it or any realy *cries* but the net helps me with knowing whats out there.

Camanche
04-13-2005, 04:46 PM
While I have only seen a few animes, out of them my favourites are:

Cowboy Bebop
Inu Yasha (Or however the fudge it's correctly written)
and so far .hack//SIGN is pretty cool, though I haven't seen a lot of it.

Anyone have any channels recommendations for anime? I can never seem to find anime on TV. It's expensive, renting from the video store all the time dammit.

Samuraid
04-13-2005, 05:45 PM
Rurouni Kenshin
Samurai X
Cowboy Bebop
Excel Saga
Fullmetal Alchemist
Trigun
Witch Hunter Robin
Naruto
Inuyasha

...Record of Lodoss war was pretty good as well.

TheAbominatrix
04-13-2005, 05:57 PM
While I have only seen a few animes, out of them my favourites are:

Cowboy Bebop
Inu Yasha (Or however the fudge it's correctly written)
and so far .hack//SIGN is pretty cool, though I haven't seen a lot of it.

Anyone have any channels recommendations for anime? I can never seem to find anime on TV. It's expensive, renting from the video store all the time dammit.

I recommend just downloading them. BoxTorrents is a good place for anime.

Anyway, I just watched the first episode of Beck and it's wonderful. I cant wait to see more.

Camanche
04-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Downloading isn't really an option for me. I have a 56K dial-up connection. XD