PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Blades => Crimson Squad?

TheSpoonyBard
04-03-2005, 08:52 PM
In FFX Tidus is told by Gatta that the Crimson Blades were formed 200 years after the Machina War, and their purpose was to combat Sin. As their ranks grew and their numbers swelled they changed their name to the Crusaders, a name which they still hold today.

Is the Crimson Squad (Nooj, Gippal, Baralai, Paine) any relation to the Crimson Blades? I've never understood why Spira was in need of an 'elite fighting force' seeing as though it had just embarked on the Eternal Calm. This has always confused me. Any thoughts?

I've been trying to hold back the notion that Gatta and Yaibal are one and the same. I've mentioned it before somewhere in the forum and people said that as either Luzzu or Gatta die after Operation Mi'ihen it would not be very consistent if Gatta had died and then reappeared in the sequel

Gelatinous
04-03-2005, 09:39 PM
I don't think the Crimson Squad and the Crimson Blades are the same group. It's been awhile since I last played this game, but, as I recall, the Crimson Squad was a secret Yevon unit whose purpose was to guard Yevon's black projects, such as Vegnagun. Also, you can see a few of them guarding Vegnagun in a movie sphere that was made before Sin's appearance, therefore they couldn't have been formed to combat Sin.

Now that I think about it, weren't Lenne and Shuyin gunned down by the Crimson Squad during the Machina War? Well, I guess that proves it.

Blitzer Lionheart
04-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Of course, it's all speculation. Perhaps some 'omnipotent force' had foreseen the imminent outbreak of war caused by the 'search for truth' ignited by the Eternal Calm and created the Blades to stop fragile information from reaching unsafe hands?

Strange. In the game Vagrant Story (SE, of course), there are a group called the Crimson Blades. I cannot remember their purpose, but that was their title. An in-out game reference, maybe?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-06-2005, 12:22 PM
Yaibal is Yaibal. He first met Yuna in the Eternal Calm story that was released with FFXInternational and served as an in-between story to link FFX to FFX-2. Check it (http://www.ffshrine.org/ffx2/ffx2_ec.php).

SeeDRankLou
04-06-2005, 05:07 PM
I've never understood why Spira was in need of an 'elite fighting force' seeing as though it had just embarked on the Eternal Calm. This has always confused me. Any thoughts?
The Crimson Squad was formed right before the Eternal Calm. In one of the Crimson Spheres, someone talks about the Operation Mi'ihen that is about to happen. So the Crimson Squad was being formed as Yuna was making her pilgrimage. However, it was all done before Seymour died (the first time), because in Barali's Sphere (I'm assuming it took place after the Crimson Squad incidents), Seymour is still alive in Guadosalam and takes him in.

Gnostic Yevon
04-06-2005, 08:17 PM
The Crimson Squad was formed right before the Eternal Calm. In one of the Crimson Spheres, someone talks about the Operation Mi'ihen that is about to happen. So the Crimson Squad was being formed as Yuna was making her pilgrimage. However, it was all done before Seymour died (the first time), because in Barali's Sphere (I'm assuming it took place after the Crimson Squad incidents), Seymour is still alive in Guadosalam and takes him in.

I remember that sphere, but only because Seymour suddenly loses his Biritsh-like accent. The only thing that would have made it wose was if the guy would have suddenly sounded like a Southern redneck. Something like "Y'all get ready for Yuna. I'm gonna git hitched with her."

Squall of SeeD
04-06-2005, 10:58 PM
Now that I think about it, weren't Lenne and Shuyin gunned down by the Crimson Squad during the Machina War? Well, I guess that proves it.

No. Those were just random Bevelle soldiers.

Anyway, as has been pointed out, the Crimson Squad and the Crusaders/Crimson Blades are not one and the same. The Crusaders are the Crusaders, and the Crimson Squad is the Crimson Squad, an elite fighting force being developed before Yuna's pilgrimage, and with its candidates receiving their final test just as Operation: Mi'hen was about to get underway, not after the Eternal Calm began.