PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Star Ocean Team

Dreddz
04-03-2005, 10:04 PM
Ive just started the game and have just finished the war where you face Vox. Just wanna know what is your favourite team of people.
Adray sucks and that little axe kid also sucks. Any good characters to look forward to. ATM ive just finished the war and Faght is level 23
Cliff, 23 and Nel, 21. Am I doing ok?

Cybele
04-03-2005, 10:16 PM
Yeah, you're doing good. A great character for you to look forward to getting is Albel. You've fought him numerous times I'm sure, but he will eventually join your party. There's also Maria, who has really fast attacks, but her running speed is really slow. Sophia is the best mage of the game, but you won't get her back until disc 2. There's also Peppita, who's pretty good. My party is Fayt, Sophia, and Albel or Fayt, Maria, and Peppita, or Fayt, Maria, and Nel.

Destai
04-03-2005, 10:26 PM
I normally use Fayt, Maria and Cliff.

Dreddz
04-03-2005, 10:39 PM
Cool. Abel looks pretty good but im eager for a mage and Sophia sounds good. Does Fayt have to be in your team

Cybele
04-03-2005, 10:46 PM
Cool. Abel looks pretty good but im eager for a mage and Sophia sounds good. Does Fayt have to be in your team

Albel is probably one of the best fighters. Definitely a good choice to use. Adray's a mage as well, but Sophia's probably the best (even though the game controls her stupidly, I control her and she works really well. She starts at level 1, but she levels up really fast to catch up with everyone else, same for Peppita). I'm not really sure if Fayt has to be in your team or not. I don't think he does, just try switching him out.

Luc
04-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Albel, Nel, and Fayt.

Or sometimes..
Albel, Sophia, Fayt.

Dreddz
04-03-2005, 11:16 PM
but Sophia's probably the best (even though the game controls her stupidly, I control her and she works really well. She starts at level 1, but she levels up really fast to catch up with everyone else, same for Peppita)

OMG she starts at level 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And you said you get her on Disc 2 as well.

* has nervous breakdown and faints *

Cybele
04-03-2005, 11:55 PM
OMG she starts at level 1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And you said you get her on Disc 2 as well.

* has nervous breakdown and faints *

It's not that bad! She levels up fast! Your characters will only be about level 30 at that point anyway. The place where you get to level her up at is really good and characters level up fast there.

Dreddz
04-04-2005, 12:16 AM
Im on level 23 atm and theres alot to do before I get to Disc 2. I enjoy leveling in this game and when I get triple EXP on my Bonus gaugeI level up so fast. I was trying to get to level 50 or sumin by Disc 2

Raven Nox
04-16-2005, 10:45 PM
I normally have Nel, Albel and Sophia, but I try to train everyone, but I use this party of bosses and stuff. Nel and Albel do alot of damage and Sophia is a much better healer then Adray, Sophia really does level fast, Adray doesn't, I've tried using him, I just can't, he's level 15 and the rest are like 50-60, I just can't use him... but yeah, Nel, Albel and Sophia is my party team, I don't like using Fayt, and was very glad to find you didn't need to.

Alice
04-16-2005, 10:48 PM
I think i finished with cliff and Sophia, ofcourse with Fayt, but my fave throughout most the game was cliff and nel :) but once sophia started learning mass magics she was my fave

sephiroth9006
04-17-2005, 01:46 AM
Fayt,Albel/mirage and adray/cliff.
i'll tell you why now.

Fayt-Right i'll start at the fact that he's the fastest character in the game and has the highest defence at lvl255 somewhere in the 1,000 mark dimension door and ethereal blast are incredably powerful as well. The best way to have fayt equipped is like this.
Weapon-vienslay:ATK+30%&DEF+30%x8
Armour-either refelcting plate or that armour you get in sphere left as you got them.
Accessory-Tri-emblum(NOt the crappy one with no abilities i mean the one you get off the santa merchent for 6,500,000odd as it is amazing.
Accessory2-boots of prowess:atk+30%/def+30%.
that setup should take fayt to at least 5,000DEF or close to it now on galaxy level and some of universe level fayt cannot be damage even by freya,the only thing that can hit him for damage is symbology and AAAs.with his battle skills i would recomend this setup.

Xshort-Side kick
Xlong-none
Oshort-Side kick
Olong-Air raid/dimension door/ethereal blast.
support1-No gaurd
suppoer2-common support symbols
then set him to act in a well balanced manner then let the computer use fayt.
And yes i do notice that with the abilities for fayt you can't have everything on that list but the support abilities are crucial though i woyld recomend taking off the Oshort side kick and putting ethereal blast there to cancel bonus the ethereal blast off the side kick making them both devestating.

Albel-Yes very good for mainly attack have him set roughly the same as fayt for weaps and armour and accessories he will be powerful but should have 9,999atk thats where vampiric flash comes in as it deals loads and heals albel by loads.

adray-He may be slow but he has quite abit of power he is accredited with symbology and sirroco makes the day complete,with berserk and being able to cancel bonus it he can become very powerful.

cliff-Yeah everyone likes this guy and i'm no exeption as his later skills make most enemies just fall and die hammer of might into fists of fury or max shockwave is pretty devestating.

mirage-OMG BLAZING CANNON RULES!!!! anywho although she does not start with it just wait till you get it, it is the most godly move in the game if used right it can keep even the fabled freya juggled in the air until death as it knocks your enemy into the air and you keep them in the air with the other energy blasts cheap maybe but it's one of the best moves in the game. and when her attack hits the 9,999 mark she is just GOD!!

Yes i did go against half the recomended party strats for all the bosses and even did abit of unorthadox party mixing but with a team like fayt,albel and mirage you just sit back and go to sleep even against freya as it is impossable for you to loose any matches although you probably did not want to know any of this i'm just giving you some advice for the future good luck with the rest of the game.

Ultima Shadow
04-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Albel, Maria and Cliff/Nel/Fayth/Sophia. :greenie:

TurkSlayer
04-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Wow. I think I'm the only one who actually LIKES Roger. I got him on accident because I accidently had the scene with him and the bullies after Albel's scene at the Inn where he asks if you hate him. I found that I actually really liked him. He's not a bad figter, in fact if you level him he kicks major ass. That and hes kinda funny. But my normal team is Fayt/Maria/Roger, Fayt/Nel/Roger, or Fayt/Albel/Roger (I have two files)

sephiroth9006
04-23-2005, 04:37 PM
i like rodger too but i just don't use him that ofetn just because i can't be bothered to level him up but he is good with the levels with a rageing helmet and firey fury combo.
(I have a save where i have leveled him up.)

Mercen-X
05-01-2005, 08:40 AM
I equp Fayt with that Holy Sword or whatever it's called (I rented), and then statifying it with a ton of att+.

I don't prefer Roger, Adray, Peppita, or Maria. I like Fayt, Albel, Nel and Cliff, in that order. I don't think I've played as Mirage yet. I also do not prefer Sophia.