PDA

View Full Version : A decade's time...

Little Miss Awesome
04-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Im ten years time where do you imagine or hope you'll be?

I hope to be happily married, perhaps with children, probably with children. I would like a house by the quayside and I'd like to have seen a fair bit of the world by then, I'd like all the friends I have now, even though thats probably unlikely and I want to be free do to as I please :D

Meat Puppet
04-03-2005, 10:51 PM
I'll be the pope/rock god.

boris no no
04-03-2005, 10:55 PM
jeez. hopefully i'll be helping out with renewable power sourses and saving the world yada yada yada
married hopefully and kids.

Psychotic
04-03-2005, 10:57 PM
I'll probably be a billionaire and President of the Entire Universe. Or I might have been assassinated by crazed Armenians. Hmm.

Resha
04-03-2005, 10:58 PM
Married and kids. YOU KNOW WHAT? It happens to everyone. ;__________; and when I'm then school and uni and all would appear like a huge waste of time.

BUT MAYBE I'LL HAVE A CAREER. Maybe! xD

Chaos
04-03-2005, 10:59 PM
Married, hopefully.
Also a successful illustrator. I guess that would be nice.

I would also like to improve on my guitar playing a lot and be in a mildly successful band.

I would also like to of travelled a lot by then - seen many places in the world and had many good experiences.

:)

Chaos

Chris
04-03-2005, 11:12 PM
Hopefully I won't be slacking off like I'm doing now, but who knows?

:(

Leeza
04-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I hope to be happily married, perhaps with children, probably with children... and I want to be free do to as I please :D
Good luck with the <i>free to do as I please</i> part. I'm afraid it will be a little difficult with children. :)

Jojee
04-03-2005, 11:18 PM
Yeeeah. Ten years from now, I want to be out of uni, with a steady job that I hopefully like.

I want to be married but I don't want to have children. 30-35 is a good age to have a kid, and I'll only be 28 then. I want to be enjoying freedom :p

I want to be with my boy :)

Dr.K
04-03-2005, 11:26 PM
I want to have seen some nice places around the world, hopefully be in a long-term relationship that pretty much looks like it's going to be 'the one' and have a job that's going somewhere.

Apollo
04-03-2005, 11:39 PM
Married and kids. YOU KNOW WHAT? It happens to everyone. ;__________; and when I'm then school and uni and all would appear like a huge waste of time.

BUT MAYBE I'LL HAVE A CAREER. Maybe! xD
Actually Resha I picture you and me in a padded room in straight Jackets 10 years from now xD!!! :love:

Shlup
04-03-2005, 11:42 PM
Ten years from now I'll be married and probably have had all three of the children that I, at this point, plan no having. I hope to be a homemaker, but that depends on how well my husband is doing financially. If not, I'll be a school teacher, since that's what I'll be when I finish uni.

I also hope to live in a fairly small house with a big yard and have lots of pets. :D

Dking'squeen
04-03-2005, 11:48 PM
Hopefully, I'll have my vet place up and working and that I'll be getting money for my stories and such. And hopefully I'll be with <Adam> someone special...and out of college :P

Resha
04-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Actually Resha I picture you and me in a padded room in straight Jackets 10 years from now xD!!! :love:

Haha LOL. Yesh, of course. I will be married and have kids only if I'm noy locked away into a mental asylum first. xD

Craig
04-04-2005, 12:02 AM
Married, hopefully.
Also a successful illustrator. I guess that would be nice.

I would also like to improve on my guitar playing a lot and be in a mildly successful band.

I would also like to of travelled a lot by then - seen many places in the world and had many good experiences.

Chaos

Holy crap, replace guitar with drumkit and that's where I hope to be in 10 years.

Shlup
04-04-2005, 12:06 AM
Holy crap, replace guitar with drumkit and that's where I hope to be in 10 years.
I love drummers. You get a high five for that one. *high five*

Jojee
04-04-2005, 12:07 AM
I wanna be a drummer. krissy and I started an internet band! ;] *cough cough cough*

I'm the drummer. ^_^ He's the bass, Greg is the guitarist though he doesn't know it yet, Kishi's the singer, and Wezly's the dancer! Elyse is either flute and/or tambourine but she's greedy >=\

Edit: In ten years, we will be the most famous internet band ever!

Venom65437
04-04-2005, 12:14 AM
I'll be 31... gosh....

Hopefully I'll be with the girl of my dreams in our house, and maybe have some kids or at least be thinking about it by then.

I also hope I have a good job writing, or in sports somewhere.

Nod
04-04-2005, 12:20 AM
In 10 years i'll either be the front man of a rock band.
Or, a famous DJ, having started mixing trance or hard house or breakbeat, before moving on to 2 many dj's style stuff:p
or just ten years older. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Faris
04-04-2005, 12:24 AM
I hope to be a University graduate with a nice certificate on my wall, I hope to have a good job, and perhaps a boyfriend. *shrug* but for the most part, I won't know until I get there.

Cybele
04-04-2005, 12:27 AM
I hope to have graduated from college and just getting my career going (I'm still not sure what I want to be yet though...maybe a writer or a proffesional computer graphics artist). No marriage or kids for me though! :p I like having the freedom to do what I want.

Yamaneko
04-04-2005, 12:52 AM
I'll probably end up being a troll under a bridge.

Little Miss Awesome
04-04-2005, 12:55 AM
Good luck with the <i>free to do as I please</i> part. I'm afraid it will be a little difficult with children. :)
Not with a maid it won't :tongue:
I'd also love to be able to play the guitar and the piano!

Jojee
04-04-2005, 01:35 AM
Dude, you can't have kids and then just get a maid to take care of them and run around free! That's totally not the purpose of having kids. ;) Having kids purpose = to chain you down and control your life. Most people still do it, though :p

Rye
04-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Hmmm... singing or doing something with computer graphics. Preferably singing. In ten years, I'll be real close to 25. I'd like to be engaged or married around the age of 25.

Yamaneko
04-04-2005, 01:40 AM
You need to have sex to have children.

Miriel
04-04-2005, 01:42 AM
You need to have sex to have children.
:eek:

In 10 years, I just hope to God that I'm finished with school.

Little Miss Awesome
04-04-2005, 01:57 AM
Dude, you can't have kids and then just get a maid to take care of them and run around free! That's totally not the purpose of having kids. ;) Having kids purpose = to chain you down and control your life. Most people still do it, though :p
Hmmm, I'll have them then be free :D

Fuzakeru
04-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Wife'd, College'd, Mother'd, etc.

nik0tine
04-04-2005, 02:05 AM
In ten years I hope to be composing music for movies and/or video games.

Ryth
04-04-2005, 02:05 AM
10 years I'll be 22....I hope I'll be in College and still with me current girlfriend.

DragonflyLex
04-04-2005, 05:53 AM

I'd be 29...happily married...happily have 2 children(at least one boy named Trent)...happily hopefully have a decent job...and also....live somewhere that I like...and is roomy for my family...also have my turtle, my bird, and a golden retriever!

Can't think of anything else...but that's my goal!

Sephex
04-04-2005, 05:58 AM
I'll be 32...oh my god...

Anyway, yeah, I better have a good life, kind of like DragonflyLex described.

The Captain
04-04-2005, 06:04 AM
In ten years, I hope to in a position where I can help other people and contribute to the world in a positive way. I've been contemplating joining the Peace Corp in a few years, once my studies cool down a bit and I have more time to devote myself.

Perhaps eventually a family too, but I would be just as happy to be married and able to travel the world with just the person I love.

Take care all.

fire_of_avalon
04-04-2005, 06:16 AM
I'm not thinking that far ahead, you crazies.

The Captain
04-04-2005, 06:17 AM
That's probably a good approach as well.

Though, in this day and age, sometimes we need to plan WAY in advance if we want to actually tackle all the goals we have in mind.

Take care all.

Gollum
04-04-2005, 10:14 AM
Hopefully somewhere else

Ko Ko
04-04-2005, 10:22 AM
Eeep! I'll be ... 28! So old!
I figure I'll be dead in a gutter somewhere... slowly rotting.

Blackmageboi
04-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Eeep! I'll be ... 28! So old!
I figure I'll be dead in a gutter somewhere... slowly rotting.
my life long dream......

hmm...23 eh? mehh ill be happy with some kind of job to do with maths or science

Polaris
04-04-2005, 11:34 AM
In ten years I'll be 26 so... I hope to be graduated, married, singing or teaching and living in Uk.... :) yep I'd really love that...

The Captain
04-04-2005, 02:14 PM
I think it's very encouraging that so many people aspire to be teachers as good and passionate teachers can shape the future for the best. Best of luck to you all, and to everyone.

Take care all.

Loony BoB
04-04-2005, 03:32 PM
Married. Maybe children. Hopefully children, actually, because I don't want to be too old for my kids, and 31 for me would be pushing it. Probably living in NZ, maybe with a house in the UK or US as well. Yeah, I'd be well off. I almost expect that nowadays. Kids might change that depending on how early they come into my life, but we'll see.

Also. Still posting at EoFF. Haha. *shot*

CaptRory
04-04-2005, 05:43 PM
In 10 years and 15 days I'll be 30. By then I'll either be a rich business owner or dead. There's a joke that describes how I always imagined my death:

A man reaches the gates of heaven, and St. Peter says "Have you ever done anything really spectacular? Anything really good or heroic? My list here doesn't list anything that makes you worthy of entering heaven." The man says "Once there were these 6 big bikers picking on this woman. And I stepped in and tried to stop them." St. Peter says "That's what I'm talking about! When did this happen?!?" The man replies "Oh, about five minutes ago."

I always figured I'd die getting way in over my head trying to save someone else. So if I'm still alive in 10 years I'm sure I'll be rich.

Ko Ko
04-05-2005, 10:34 AM
Alright, to be serious, I suppose I'll probably be somewhere in Southern California. Don't ask me why. I've never even been to California.

CaptRory
04-05-2005, 05:06 PM
There are worse places then California and oddly enough many people wind up there at some point in their lives.

Ko Ko
04-05-2005, 06:33 PM
I still have no idea why I said California.
Actually, I'll be Shanghai's no.1 assassin. And rich.

CaptRory
04-05-2005, 06:53 PM
If you're ever contracted to kill people who write spyware/adware let me know, I'll give you a hefty bonus.

Ko Ko
04-05-2005, 06:56 PM
If you're ever contracted to kill people who write spyware/adware let me know, I'll give you a hefty bonus.
Oh. I guess you didnt know!
When I was a kid in school, I got a below average grade in ICT so I hacked into the schools' <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=computer%20system" :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:over="window.status='computer system'; return true;" :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:out="window.status=''; return true;">computer system</a> and changed it.
But I got caught completely by accident. I forget to erase the history and alteration.
But you know what? I got an A+ because I knew enough about ICT to hack!
So I'll hack then away hahaha.

Amarant Odinson
04-05-2005, 07:00 PM
In 10 years, I'll be 36 and I don't plan on making it that long. Too much effort.

CaptRory
04-05-2005, 07:05 PM
Oh. I guess you didnt know!
When I was a kid in school, I got a below average grade in ICT so I hacked into the schools' <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=22&k=computer%20system" :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:over="window.status='computer system'; return true;" :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:out="window.status=''; return true;">computer system</a> and changed it.
But I got caught completely by accident. I forget to erase the history and alteration.
But you know what? I got an A+ because I knew enough about ICT to hack!
So I'll hack then away hahaha.

That's great! :lol: *Laughs Heartily* :lol: Great story! I can just picture you doing it too.

Ko Ko
04-05-2005, 07:08 PM
That's great! :lol: *Laughs Heartily* :lol: Great story! I can just picture you doing it too.
Yep. Because of me, now they print all thier official documents on special marked paper.

CaptRory
04-05-2005, 07:10 PM
Yep. Because of me, now they print all thier official documents on special marked paper.

There's nothing quite as satisfying as having policies created specifically to deal with you. :D

Ko Ko
04-05-2005, 07:13 PM
There's nothing quite as satisfying as having policies created specifically to deal with you. :D
I know. Isn't it great?
They also made all the glass windows and doors plexiglass and plastic because of me, too.
We should start a thread on this.

CaptRory
04-05-2005, 07:54 PM
I know. Isn't it great?
They also made all the glass windows and doors plexiglass and plastic because of me, too.
We should start a thread on this.

I think someone allready has. And since you've allready posted in it I'd say you know about it. :bigbiggri

Leeza
04-05-2005, 08:03 PM
CaptRory and Iri: As I said in another thread...do not have your conversations in-thread.