PDA

View Full Version : FFTA of FFX-2

Irvine78
04-04-2005, 02:17 AM
well, should i get FFTA or FFX-2? any suggestions or bias opinions are welcome.

Mittopotahis
04-04-2005, 04:29 AM
Well seeming that this is a FFTA thread, most people will probably say FFTA

I think FFTA, mainly because it's addicting, and FFX-2 is too fast for me (maybe I should get a PS2 and buy it so I get use to it!)

Have you played FFX? That will help understand X-2. But if you haven't played X I would suggest FFTA....

Anyway its up to you

CaptRory
04-04-2005, 04:39 AM
They're two different games. FFTA Focuses more on large party dynamics and battle strategy, and FFX-2 is more traditional FF with a focus on small parties and close combat and RPG elements.

Both games are very good (IMO) and both are good RPG's but their styles are very different.

My name is...something..?
04-04-2005, 05:51 AM
Well, like CaptRory said the games aren't anything alike, so it's difficult to tell you which one to get, but I'll try to help out.

If you have a lot of time to kill, get FFTA because that easily took more than 100 hours of my life away.

Get FF X-2, if you want a fast paced game that's more like other FF's.

I wouldn't know what to pick either, so good luck making a decision
I"d hate to be in your position right now

Irvine78
04-04-2005, 07:45 AM
sounds like i win either way...ive heard good and bad things about both so i think i will save until i can get both. i have X and tactics and they are both very good (ok X isnt mindblowing), also have dawn of souls, IV, V, VI (roms) VII and VIII.

tailz
04-04-2005, 08:16 AM
i would say ffx-2 is better but thats because i like the traditional ff concept and it has a very high replay value ffta is good also but i rather replay x-2 again than ta and you can also take a very long time into x-2 the time me and a friend are currently busy with X were over 400 hours and where nor even at yunalesca so thats doable with every ff to play monsteres times cause my last X save whas uhm 865 hours

Blitzer Lionheart
04-06-2005, 11:19 AM
I got Tactics Advance first but I held it in little regard because of the linear gameplay (missions dried up right before a boss battle) and the law concept.

FF X-2 is mainly of value if you enjoyed X and really enjoy mini-games. It holds an amazing potential for replay. If anything it is a little too short.

Creeping Shadow
04-06-2005, 05:19 PM
ffta is in my opion better it gives you like 300 missions to complete and a whole bunch of hidden characters and its got a cool story

Blackmageboi
04-06-2005, 06:24 PM
download FFTA i have a program that you can run it on:shifty: then buy FFX-2

Vaprice
04-06-2005, 10:48 PM
The one thing I ddin't like about FFX-2 was that it was just too fast....but not only that...was also easy. It really for me didn't compare to any of the other FF's out there. But it was an okay game. It was fun for the first time and then the music got really annoying.

But FFTA is a great game. It'[s fun and enjoyable and still holds up SE's reputation.

abrojtm
04-07-2005, 03:34 AM
I think FFX-2 is actually better if you include replayablity as a factor. *nods*

Fireblade13
04-08-2005, 08:41 PM
Descisions Descisions.
I said FFTA because I've beeten 128 misions, have 3 semi secret characters, and I just beet the final boss[first ending]. FFx-2 I have not yet owned but I played it at my friends. I really want to get X-2 because X is starting to get boring after mastering it.

MoonZapdos
04-17-2005, 06:28 PM
FFX-2 is really entertaining because of its ATB but I would go for FFTA.

Skyblade
04-18-2005, 04:55 AM
FFTA. It gives you a lot more, and it's cheaper, too.