PDA

View Full Version : Blitzball Help

NotAqUaKeRuSa
04-04-2005, 02:56 AM
Hey guys!

I'm relatively new at Blitzball even though I've had FFX for almost 2 years. I never really played it, but decided to give it a try. I don't understand how I'm supposed to win!

I've played League for almost 5 games and haven't won a single match.
The only team I do well against is Luca. The other teams either have incredible Endurance, Catching, or Attack.

Am I doing something critically wrong or are they supposed to be this hard?

Go easy I'm a newbie! :)

CaptRory
04-04-2005, 03:18 AM
The early games are hard. You need to teach your players techniques and quickly.

First, pass the ball around to build up everyone's level. At certain points you can choose to equip them with special skills.

Special Skills:

Everyone (except the goalie) should have at least one tackle. I always favored the Wither Tackles.

Most players should have a special passing skill.

The Forwards should have special shots.

Most players should have that skill that allows them to engage in challanges from further away (brawler?)

By the time you have those covered you should have a good idea of how Blitzball works and be able to fine tune your team to fit with your playstyle and what players you have.

rubah
04-04-2005, 03:46 AM
I'd recruit better players before I started playing^_^

Jumal in Luca is a decent goalie for a while. Myuu somewhere else is better I believe.

Brother makes a good midfielder

crazybayman
04-04-2005, 01:23 PM
I'd recruit better players before I started playing^_^

Jumal in Luca is a decent goalie for a while. Myuu somewhere else is better I believe.

Brother makes a good midfielder

Yes, sign other players who are free agents. Unfortunately, starting out the Besaid Auroch players are crap compared to other players.

if you walk through the docks at Luca, you'll notice a big Ronso standing up in the Ronso area. I think he should be a good pick-up early in the game.

Spammerman
04-04-2005, 10:25 PM
its easier for me to score then keep shootin.If u o this u might be abvle to get good scores and waste time.Also remember to press triangle when u got ball to put it on manual so u can control characters

NotAqUaKeRuSa
04-10-2005, 04:57 PM
How do you get players to learn new techniques?

I tried watching the Blitzball FAQ on the game, but found it slightly confusing.

P.S. - Thx for the help, I appreciate it.

zwijnstijn
04-10-2005, 05:36 PM
front 2 great shooters , at least tidus with his jecht shot(if you got it successfully early in the game on the ship else it gonna be hard to make goals) and another with preferable sphere shot
2 back with high pass and attack skills and as they're at the back they wont level fast.. keep passing balls to them/all. to fast level up.. put a weaker one in the middle. he gets the balls easyer, pass balls a lot to gain experience and use nap pass, it can disable players.. also use anti tackle technique on the mid and front players and elite defence on the mid and back players + back players brawler
The mid shouldnt have much troubles defending even if he's weak as the 2 back players will be near and help out

one good tackle skill and a pass skill for back + mid players
any good tackle skill for front players at least 2 different shots
Prefer napshot to the other player ( not tidus) , he can nap shot the keeper.. and put him asleep is successfull, whereafter any dumbo can make a goal as the keeper is asleep :D

CaptRory
04-10-2005, 06:03 PM
How do you get players to learn new techniques?

I tried watching the Blitzball FAQ on the game, but found it slightly confusing.

P.S. - Thx for the help, I appreciate it.

I haven't played in a year so I might be wrong on a few things.

Assign your players a player to watch. When that player uses a special skills pressing the "X" button with precise timing will teach your player the skill used.

One: Your player must be able to learn that skill. Level differences and non-proficiency in general with that skill will block the attempt.

Two: Each player has "Key Techniques" I never quite figured out their important but it says "Key" so they must have some importance.