PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star

wuglendei
04-04-2005, 03:49 AM
Ok im collecting all the phantasy stars. And Im not a Huge fan of it and thats not because i dont like them its because i never really got into them. Now instead of actualy going out and buying all the catriges for the GENESIS(ill do that later) im downloadin emulators and Roms.

Now I kno that PS2,3,4 is on the GENESIS

but wtf is the first one ON!?

I tried lookin it up and got nothing

and i never knew that sega made a console before the genesis!

could somone tell me what the first PS was on

Erdrick Holmes
04-04-2005, 04:47 AM
The first one is on the Sega Master system.

wuglendei
04-04-2005, 11:46 PM
ok thanks...i found a emulator and all that..

another QUestion

wtf r those other PS on the SMS? there liek PS ADVENTURE and PS then this weird symbol

are they like offical PS games? they aint like weird spinoffs?

Super Christ
04-05-2005, 12:44 AM
They're gaidens, and they're actually for the Game Gear. It's just that the SMS and Game Gear run off the same basic programming so an emulator for one will run games for the other.

Erdrick Holmes
04-05-2005, 01:44 AM
The game gear had PS Adventure and the text based game PS Gaiden.

wuglendei
04-05-2005, 03:00 AM
o ok..
the last question

wtf is a gaiden!? lol

Well let me ask you this

are they worth playin? will i learn more about the ps universe? will i have fun? Should i play them after ps1?

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-05-2005, 03:00 AM
Gaiden is the Japanese word for "side-story." It's usually left untranslated because it sounds better that way.

Erdrick Holmes
04-05-2005, 04:21 AM
You can download a translated/hacked rom of it from http://www.algol-star-system.net/index.shtml

PS Universe will be a prequel game, takes place 18 years after the events of PSI on the Graal star system. It's kind of two games in one, a single player RPG and a seperate MMORPG game.

Dreddz
04-05-2005, 10:55 AM
is PS Universe worth getting

Sepho
04-05-2005, 12:02 PM
Too early to tell, but it looks great. I've had my eye on it for some time. The only bad thing I see with it is that you no doubt have to play the MMORPG side of it to get the most out of it. And I just aint down with that.

Gaiden is used a lot as a placeholder in working titles of some franchise sequels (depending on the nature of the story), I've noticed.

Dreddz
04-05-2005, 12:55 PM
Im all up for that

Erdrick Holmes
04-05-2005, 04:22 PM
is PS Universe worth getting

Judging by the amount of time Sega is using to putin the storyline and the game content it's looking pretty promising.

Super Christ
04-05-2005, 11:03 PM
I'm glad that it will have an honest to god storyline in it; but if it doesn't take place in Algo, I have no idea what it could possibly have to do with the rest of the series. Also not sure how newmans are supposed to exist only 18 years after PS1, given that Nei, the first newman, wasn't created until about 1000 years after PS1.