PDA

View Full Version : using ONLY MONSTERS!

conan
04-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Hello everyone, I challenge you all to beat the game using ONLY MONSTERS in your party, a project I am currently in the middle of. Has anyone here done it? If you undertake such a task, know that at all times you cannot use a single human in your quest, except of course for your main man and the guests, which you cannot rid of. This means you must kill the thieves in Gariland, the very first battle of the game, using only your main man and Delita!! I'm talking about a 2v5, 4 squires and a chemist, and you don't even get to use potions! And, you only control 1 of the 2 characters! Your only way of healing is crystallized dead bodies and wishing Delita, and Delita almost never wishes back. It is challenging, but very fun. The key is knowing what Delita will do, and watching the AT very carefully.

This fight depends entirely on what zodiac signs everyone turns out to be. I've made my main man an aquarius, and Delita of course is a Saggitarius. First move, Delita always moves up, next, the squire who talks /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif moves up and hits Delita. Watch his sign - If he is a Gemini, Virgo, or Pisces, you will not be able to kill him in 2 hits. And in my case, since my main man is Aquarius, you also wont be able to kill him if he is a Leo, Taurus or Scorpio. After he hits Delita, the other characters move, then Delita tells you not to rush, you tell him not to patronize you, blah blah blah, the bad ass lookin squire talks some more /xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif/xxx.gif, and says "buncha spoiled punks will never beat us!" buncha meaning just you and Delita. Anyway, this is your cue to run up and hit him in the side, provided of course he isn't an incompatible sign, in which case you should reset, because you need to be able to kill them off quickly in order to win.

Right after you hit him, Delita gets his AT, finishes him off, and runs away. At this he will have a little damage from being hit by the squire he just popped off. Anyways, the rest of the battle will go very well if they are aries or libras, since those are compatible with either Delita or your main man, and not incompatible with either. Luckily, my fight was against almost all Libras, so I took them down easily! heh. also, use dead bodies to your advantage. Stand next to them, and thats one space an enemy cant move to to hit you. This battle took me 2 and a half hours to beat, but it was fun. It's all about timing the ATs so that you and Delita can get 2 quick hits off on someone before the chemist gets a move to heal them. Also, if you move one space outside of the enemy's movement range, and they dont have any ranged attacks, they will only move 1 space closer to you, so n your next turn just move 1 space back, they will move 1 space closer, and so on. This is a great stalling tactic.

Anyways, the next fight on Mandalia Plains I made me and Delita chemists, so I could learn auto potion as quickly as possible. Apparently, any job points you earn, all other friendly characters also earn job points towards that job, so this is why you'll notice in some games your lancer is somehow a level 8 wizard....I don't mean this game of course, because you must use ONLY MONSTERS! So, back to the Beast Plains - This fight was easy, basically spent the entire time just dishing potions out to Algus, who proceeded to lay waste on every single enemy, mostly 2 hit KO's with his long sword, while me and Delita sat back and threw potions. Unfortunately, I still didnt have auto potion! Had about 336 job points, no point wasting it on phoenix down.

I knew I had to learn auto potion if I was to stand a chance in the random battles vs monsters, since I have no-one in my party at this point. I then went to Sweegy Woods, the cinema battle vs 2 bombs, 3 gobins and a panther. Keeping my main man a chemist, I made the other 2 squires, got enough JP for auto potion and phoenix down, made my man a priest, which is the next step towards mediator, so I can finally recruit some monsters in my party. So there it is! There's no way I can beat Dorter Trade City with just my man, Delita and Algus, (well I probably could because my skill is ridiculous in this game ;P) but still, I should spend one random fight as a priest, then an oracle, then a mediator, invite some monsters, run around until a bunch of eggs hatch, level up in the process learning train, and then make my guy into someone tough, like maybe a monk with monster skill.

Using ONLY MONSTERS, can you beat the game like I am attempting?? Also, my fastest time for beating it regularly with no restrictions imposed on myself is 18:10:18, see if anyone can beat that. That's my time when I saved it just before the final boss, so it's not actually the entire game, but since you can't know your time after the final boss.....

Creeping Shadow
04-05-2005, 05:16 PM
i came close to doing that but the last boss was to friggin hard :mad2:

dodhungry
04-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Sounds like quite a challenge. I think I may have to go and create a new file now....... *hits reset button*

darkblade117
04-09-2005, 09:24 PM
...i can beat the first level with just ramza... that's no problem. but only monsters... that could be quite tough in the 1st chapter... ... nah... it's possible

Koryiaki
04-16-2005, 06:54 PM
*blinks* the very first time i played, i got up to sand rat celler (desert level) with just ramza, dont see why you needed to post so much about the first level, but uhm, all monsters, ive had to do a few levels like that on accedent (bar missions, sending away all my humans)when I first played. Plain and simple, 2 yellow chocobos (for healing purposes) and 2 red chocobos (excellent meteor damage). Then just as ramza, master squire and monk abilities, set his skills like this

class: Squire (guts)
second class ability: Monk (punch art)
reaction: Hp restore (monk)
aid ability: Attack UP (geomancer)
movement: move+3 (bard)

and in the battles where you can only have 4 people (including ramza)
you just use 2 red, since ramza can already heal/revive and for other battles. And somepeople may think it is impossible to get these abilities in the first part of the story, but it is not, after the battle with algus, you can fight on the mandalia plains, so make sure you save, get accumulate, after that, switch to monk and get hp restore, then from there become a mediator (dont wait to get a chocobo) and once you have a chocobo, it should be much easier, as he can heal you, and you can have your main guy sit around using accumulate. Once a creature gets close, you should be able to kill it in 1-2 hits, once, ur down to 1 enemy, accumulate and heal to get needed jp and lvl up. Once you have ramza with these abilities, which you can easaly get most of the rest, but make sure you note importance, like Chakra, HP restore, Revive, and stigma magic are the only monk abilities you NEED. As for gear, you basicaly just need to buy whatever the best is until you can use Power Sleeve, Twist Headband, and Bracer, to provide maximized monk abilities and extremely good damage. Attack up can also be replaced with two sword abilities. It honestly isnt as hard as you would think, because if you choose to mix it up, you could make ramza an oracle, and have a couple vampire cats and (cant remember the name) the red birds with feather bomb, simply cast faith and petrify everything, however, that wont work against bosses, but theres no limit to the combos to make it easier. So it is harder than regular play, but to make it harder, dont accept ANY people into your group, keep it as ramza and 17 (i think theres 18 slots) monsters, as to restrict you from excalibur and saves the queen and such items, make it that much harder. (another fun idea is 2 fire dragons [i think they have those] and ghosts who can use the move that makes enemy 50% more succeptable to fire dmg)

Nakor TheBlue Rider
04-25-2005, 05:20 AM
hmm... once you get far enough... would it still be possible to get Hydra's or Timate's Before the last streatch o fthe game....

I think you need some of the other optional humans to open up the deep dungeon... and without Mustadio you cant go to the temple whare the 1st Hydras are... hmm

Anyways.. I love Timate's... best monster ever.

Vod
05-01-2005, 01:37 AM
Wow...after reading this i'm feeling pretty good about myself, I always beat the game using only monsters, I mean I get mustadio (oops, I'd remembered how to spell it correctly but I made a typo, it used to say mustafio lol) so I can do the sidequests for fun but I never use them in battle. This was the team I used to beat the final boss

Ramza-Currently a master archer with a second ability of mastered geomancer,
Beserker(Bull Demon),
Zoidberg(Mindflair...or however you spell it),
Worker8*, &
...I forget his name but one of those birds that can petrify people

*according to the naming thing Worker8 is counted as a monster

MushroomZOMBIE
05-01-2005, 04:09 AM
Vod-Mustadio.

Tatics Master
05-12-2005, 11:37 AM
Thats not a bad idea. A new challenge for FFT. But instead of doing this all the way from level 1 I would get to the 3rd or 4th chapter before turning my whole crew into monsters. I just have to get the secrets and stuff. :D
If I did this(and I just might)this would be my Monster Mash crew.

Vampire,of course...Blackie!
Red Chocobo
Yellow Chocobo
Black Chocobo
Sacred
Tiamat
Red Dragon
Blue Dragon
Mind Flare
Cocatoris
Steel Hawk
Skeleton
Dark Behemoth
King Behemoth
Taiju
Ramza
But then how will you get the monsters secret abilities to shine. You could keep Reis who was at 1 time a monster and has auto monster skill. But I have to drop a monster from the team.

Rioxo
05-13-2005, 08:26 PM
I have already done it, no big challenge.

It was simple, 4 red chocobo.

And for ppl saying chocobo suck, your totally wrong.

With their movement and choco meteor, they are all dead before they can catch me.
And for the all monster challenge, think about it, you level one, make egg and get infinite number of monster of that level. O.o

Talking about challenge, I have a better one.
Take all battle with 3 characters, no monster, no special character.
To add to the fun, make new strange combo.
3 guy from the start till the end. Im curently doing that, im in chapter 3.
Kinda stopped but i know ill finish it with that setting someday.
Some battle was really hard, like when your group is separated, and you have 2 of your team again 6 enemies.

Nakor TheBlue Rider
05-25-2005, 08:15 PM
Personaly, i thought the very 1st fight with only Ramza and Delita as a guest was very difficult.

Thats the 1st time iv ever done that fight without a full team. I had to Restart like...10-20 times. (Somewhare between)

Right now im trying to get Mediater as quickly as possible.... this isnt really so hard since i had gotten Yell and Accumulate when i was a squire, so now i just have Guts as my 2nd Job abilities.

However this has made me realize why I dont ever use Oracle.... I find them uterlly useless.... Any good Status effects they do is neglidgable compared to having another healer or Dmg Dealer.

What Can i say... Im a Dmg Dealer whore. Normally my team is 4 Dmg dealers and 1 healer, or else 5 Dmg Dealers.

Eternal Dark Night
06-09-2005, 01:24 AM
i well havn't used all monsters but i did use all chocobols like i called them team boco might as well name it after boco. well i had 2 red chocobols, 1 black one, and 2 yellow for healling they were good till well no one new how to review one onother so thats how we die.

Ramza-Chemist
06-16-2005, 02:34 PM
However this has made me realize why I dont ever use Oracle.... I find them uterlly useless.... Any good Status effects they do is neglidgable compared to having another healer or Dmg Dealer.

well dang im gonna have to disagree...i at one time believed the oracle was useless but after using him alot and not just for a little while i had. Paralyze, Dont Move, Petrify, Blind and a couple others. i then gave him some speed items and shortened CT (time mage) he would always go first thus hitting 2-4 characters with one spell usually petrifying/paralyzing/dont moving up to 3 characters....and if you have math skill as his second skill....WELL. Then he is just the best person in the game...recentley at the execution site i dont moved Gaffy, and all 3 knights on my first turn and ended up turning one of the time mages into a frog...so yeah....hes kinda the man....just my opinion and thats just yours....just pointing out the goodies

Nakor TheBlue Rider
06-17-2005, 08:19 PM
I do fully understand that the Oracle has its uses, but for my playing stlye Oracle doesnt work very well.

I'd Rather have a Damage Dealer than someone who just kinda Stalls for time by dont moving ppl or paralyzing them.

Especialy if your doing this All monster Challange at the beggining when all you can use is Ramza and your trying to get mediator... Lvling Oracle is like the hardest Part because You have to Solo like 5-6 Random bad guys with an Oracle with no Skills, and no Stick, only a Rod. My Oracle Only Has Paralyze and his Rod and im having a lot of trouble killing 5-6 random guys so i can lvl him up and go on to Mediator....

The closest I came was Subjob Guts and Use Yell & Accumulate a lot Until I get many turns in a row and do Good Dmg. But then i always get hit a few times and with Oracle / Guts theres no way to heal myself... I even Put on Auto-Potion.... but somtimes it doesnt activate and eventually i still get too low hp to take another hit....

Ramza-Chemist
06-23-2005, 02:44 AM
ohhhhh...my apalogies...i didnt understand what you were saying...but yes he is hard to use with monsters and such...though my monster game is gone cause my bro let the memory card go through the wash...killed it... i had

Red Dragon
Blue Dragon
2 Red Chocobos
1 Mediator (he was like the caretaker of the beasts! healed and tamed new ones)

so i didnt have a completley monster team but it was close

oh and on a side not THE GAME IS SO MUCH EASIER WITH MONSTERS

Reasons?

1) Monsters tend to be a few Lvl's higher then your normal people
2) Chocobos and the such move VERY far making them very good
3) With Red Chocos Meteor had a wide range and NEVER missed
4) Cause of higher lvl they have more hp
5) All attacks happen instantly

yeah

Vod
07-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Here's one really really really really hard thing that me and my friends did once, it took all the 3 others to stop the one who was playing from destroying the playstation, but this is a touch challenge, you can only use ramza and guest characters in battle, no monsters, no special characters, no custom characters, impossible and not on the point of the faq you say? not quite, the one rule was there were 2 characters we were allowed to use other than ramza and guests, you can only use Reis (dragon form) and Byblos,basically only the monster special characters, so I suppose you could use Worker8 if you wanted, but we didn't, this took us about a week and a half to do but we really only played for so long each day, I suppose over all it took us a little more than 5 full days to do this, it got easier after Reis and super easier after Byblos because trust me, if you do this Ramza will probably have mastered several classes and gotten really strong by mid chapter 2 try it...I dare you :cool: PS. I'm sure this is obvious but you can get any character you want or need, but just can't use them in battle...and I just thought of this but I could have used Boco, he counts as a special monster...AH CRAP!!1 THAT WOULD HAVE MADE THINGS SO MUCH EASIER!!1