PDA

View Full Version : I made it into the local newspaper!

Caspian
04-04-2005, 08:31 PM
More specifically, the police reports. =)

Have you ever been in the local paper?

Old Manus
04-04-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't read the local paper, but I may have been. *orders back issues*

Psychotic
04-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Yes. I think I've had my photo in 4 times and my name mentioned 10 or so times.

Dr.K
04-04-2005, 08:35 PM
Once for winning some kind of young people's award.

boris no no
04-04-2005, 08:35 PM
many a time.
for various plays i've been in and dancing events.
plus my dad is an artist. sometimes they have things to do with him in.

Jojee
04-04-2005, 08:36 PM
Yeah, they keep saying something about, Monkey sighting, wild monkey on loose, beware of rabies, blahblahblah....

louby_4eva
04-04-2005, 08:44 PM
Yeah, they keep saying something about, Monkey sighting, wild monkey on loose, beware of rabies, blahblahblah....

Wow, I've been reading about that Monkey, sounds evil and scary, I'm sure it's just pink and fluffy though :love:

I've only been in the paper once and that was when I did my GCSE's and they printed the results.

gokufusionss1
04-04-2005, 08:48 PM
it's quite easy to get into the black moore vale because there is only a certain number of times they can write a story about the same horse.

Rye
04-04-2005, 08:50 PM
No, which is embarassing, considering how small my town is.

Faris
04-04-2005, 08:51 PM
No, I'm unimportant.

Little Miss Awesome
04-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Just a class photo from my primary school, nothing important :(

Khaotic
04-04-2005, 09:10 PM
Yes, when I was about 11 years old, I got accused of lifting a young girls shirt up, which later proved in court I did not do, which was the truth. Annoying being accused for something you didn't do and have it put in the news paper when you're so young, ruins your future. :mad:

Meat Puppet
04-04-2005, 09:12 PM
When I was at school, I was in it just about every second time it came out. It was the same article over and over again but different photos.

DMKA
04-04-2005, 09:18 PM
My name has been in it twice, but my pic was only in it one of the times. Once for me being interviewed at some stupid career day thing and the other because I was the sole person from my school attending Boys State...so something. o__O

Sasquatch
04-05-2005, 02:40 AM
I have a couple times. I used to play football and run track, so I was in there a couple times for that. Twice, maybe more for school-related stuff, like getting into certain "leagues" because of high national test scores, or doing well at certain state-competition club events. And then once when I went to Iraq, and once when I came back.

YukiKiro
04-05-2005, 02:46 AM
local paper, local news, interviewed. all together i'd say i've appeared in public braudcasts and publications 7 times, i'm no more popular

Rase
04-05-2005, 02:56 AM
In the current town I'm living in, once, for winning in wrestling.

Shoeberto
04-05-2005, 03:06 AM
The TAG program I was in during the fourth grade put on a play, something titled along the lines of "The Trial of the Big Bad Wolf." It was to learn a bit about court and to have some fun, too. I played, I think, the cousin of the Big Bad Wolf, and a photo of me seated on the stand was on the front page.

It was embarassing as hell, as you can imagine.

Kirobaito
04-05-2005, 03:27 AM
I think my name has been mentioned a few times for generic reasons (mostly for doing well in school and stuff). My photo will probably be in it this fall for being National Merit Semifinalist.

rubah
04-05-2005, 03:31 AM
I get in for All-Region, 4.0 Honor Roll, and winning math competitions.

Nothing so interesting as anything interesting.

Shlup
04-05-2005, 03:35 AM
I was in the local paper a few times when I was a kid, but that's it. I would've been in it in high school for a prank/crime, but I was busy that day so only my friends are in it. Heh.

kikimm
04-05-2005, 03:36 AM
Yeah. I don't appreciate it, because of the effects it has on my parents.

:D

Masamune·1600
04-05-2005, 08:10 AM
I've been in a few times for academic reasons--high school salutatorian; National Merit Scholar; AP Scholar with Distinction. I even was on the front page when I scored 1600 on the SAT. If I've done anything else newspaper-worthy, I certainly can't think of it at the moment.

Ko Ko
04-05-2005, 11:52 AM
I was in the Shanghai Daily for being a model linguist... :skull4:
Oh, and I was also in That's Shanghai! for being a 'talented, young. gorgeous and hoplessly romantic' art and clothes designer.
That's about it.... (I suck!)

Nod
04-05-2005, 11:57 AM
I was in the Shanghai Daily for being a model linguist... :skull4:
Oh, and I was also in That's Shanghai! for being a 'talented, young. gorgeous and hoplessly romantic' art and clothes designer.
That's about it.... (I suck!)

Im sorry, but how can you say 'i suck'. You made it into the paper for being good at certain things! I mean, come on, there's being self-deprecating and then there is being just plain silly. :p

I don't think i've ever been in the paper for anything, and surprisingly I'm not too worried about it :D

Ko Ko
04-05-2005, 12:01 PM
No, no, no I have a good argument here!
EVERYONE ELSE gets into the newpaper for being incredibly intelligent!
As I have not achieved any of this sort of thing... I obviously have no brainpower!
But I DO have awesome finger power! I got in the news for making 1,000 paper cranes for my friend single-handedly.

Heath
04-05-2005, 12:04 PM
I was in the local paper last week or the week before when my maths class had our pictures taken for doing this maths thing.

Nod
04-05-2005, 12:23 PM
No, no, no I have a good argument here!
EVERYONE ELSE gets into the newpaper for being incredibly intelligent!
As I have not achieved any of this sort of thing... I obviously have no brainpower!
But I DO have awesome finger power! I got in the news for making 1,000 paper cranes for my friend single-handedly.

well, no you dont have a good argument. Caspian got into the paper for being in a police report, and Rase got in for Wrestling, not for being, as you put it, incredibly intelligent.
Be proud of what you have achieved! 1'000 paper cranes is no mean feat. :D Besides, if everyone else is getting in the paper for being really intelligent, then getting mentioned for something else is much more interesting! :D :D :D

Ko Ko
04-05-2005, 12:29 PM
well, no you dont have a good argument. Caspian got into the paper for being in a police report, and Rase got in for Wrestling, not for being, as you put it, incredibly intelligent.
Be proud of what you have achieved! 1'000 paper cranes is no mean feat. :D Besides, if everyone else is getting in the paper for being really intelligent, then getting mentioned for something else is much more interesting! :D :D :D
Caspian was intelligent because they didn't find him out!
HAH. I am the BEST at arguing.

Nod
04-05-2005, 12:32 PM
of course you are. and cute too. :p

Ko Ko
04-05-2005, 12:34 PM
I choose to ignore that and spare you from a hideous dismembering.