PDA

View Full Version : Really Random - Conde Petie

Lenna
04-04-2005, 11:41 PM
Right I know most people on here are probably American or not from the UK. But for those that are from the UK. Don't you think that the Conde Petie language is a typical stereotype of the Scottish :D being a born scot I feel quite proud that there's a stereotype of us lol in an FF game lol. quite cool actually :D

eestlinc
04-05-2005, 12:08 AM
Yea, I thought that was the point.

Lenna
04-05-2005, 01:53 AM
It feels good to be mentioned in such a thing hehe. "Proud Scots Lass!"

boris no no
04-05-2005, 01:37 PM
rally ho!

Gwelenguchenkus
04-06-2005, 02:29 AM
Maybe thingfish sounds like a Dwarf? He has a scottish accent :D

Lenna
04-06-2005, 02:34 AM
Lmfao!!! I don't :( I live here, and I have partly a Scottish accent, I was born here, but I moved to Wales for a few years. Came back n everyone hated me :( just cause I sounded "English" bleh. Oh well. I've got a big bit of Scottish in my voice now lol. Just sometimes I change from Scottish into Welsh and I don't realise it ... So I've been told :S

Gwelenguchenkus
04-06-2005, 03:08 AM
Lmfao!!! I don't :( I live here, and I have partly a Scottish accent, I was born here, but I moved to Wales for a few years. Came back n everyone hated me :( just cause I sounded "English" bleh. Oh well. I've got a big bit of Scottish in my voice now lol. Just sometimes I change from Scottish into Welsh and I don't realise it ... So I've been told :S

Wow, they hated you? :( that's rough. Scottish, English... they all sound cool to me. Sometimes I wonder whether my american accent sounds 'good' or 'bad' to someone from the UK? I sometimes try to sound english or scottish and... I fail miserably. But it's funny :spin:

Lenna
04-06-2005, 03:12 AM
LOL! I love the american accent, I've watched too many american movies and because I've got a mixed accent I can do one of the "popular girls" in many teen flicks accents. like uh so Typical! lol yeah what-everrrrrr lmfao. I get praised for that. I think americans are cool tho, I'm mates with someone from america n have spoken to him loads of times over the phone. he's from a small town in new york lol. he's a bit loud tho :O

And the scottish tend to dislike/hate the english because of all the past history thats between them, with the wars and stuff. lol, I really couldn't care less, It's how a person treats me that I judge them on. Not by what they do/how they look/how they sound.

DJZen
04-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Yeah, it's "Scottish", like how Fat Bastard is "Scottish". I can't for the life of me read the new Dwarf accent, but I can understand a Scottish accent pretty well. The "hae" threw me at first. It took several tries to figure that word out.

Lenna
04-07-2005, 04:14 AM
Ya cannae sae the scots language hisna ony type o' cleverness tae it! :D, It aw soonds funny!!! an a'bide here! I just wish ah did hae a broad scots accent! lol ok enough lol. :D

abrojtm
04-07-2005, 04:43 AM
Yea, they went a littel overboard in FFI:DoS.

Blitzer Lionheart
04-24-2005, 10:51 AM
Rally ho! o.O__^

In case you misunderstood, that emoticon has his left hand up.

I thought that the Scottish was funny, and reasonably easy tae understand. It actually had a bit a ye olde anglais in there as well (wait, that was french....)

It's funny how people cannot pick up their accents except in movies and after living in another country for a while. I (being Australian) have been told I sound nasal, with flat vowels. I have a Welsh background though, and when I was a wee laddie I had a Ringo Starr accent.

American accents sound really funny to me. The women sound like the men, only slightly higher. Funny, most Hollywood actors sound disturbingly accentless.

Did you know that it is practically impossible to recognise an Australian who has been living in Los Angeles for 5 years?