PDA

View Full Version : Old cartoons... whered they go??? :(

Hawkeye
04-05-2005, 04:57 AM
I miss Samari Pizza Cats!!!! WHERE DID THEY GO???

Do you miss any of your old cartoons?

Meat Puppet
04-05-2005, 05:13 AM
Samurai Pizza Cats was real? I thought it was just a tempting dream.

DMKA
04-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Omg...that was an old anime that used to come on when I was in about 4th grade and I'd never get to see it all because I had to leave for school. I think I only saw one episode all the way through. That show was awesome. I don't think they've ever released it on DVD stateside or anything. :(

Yeah, I miss alot of my old cartoons. Especially the old Ninja Turtles. I mean the new ones are cool in my opinion, but are garbage compared to the old one. :(

crazybayman
04-05-2005, 12:46 PM
Ah yes....back in the day.........when cartoons were great

My favorites were:
Smurfs (when I was really young)
Robotech
Transformers
Go-Bots
Astroboy (now quick grab a pen, and piece of paper and write down which error, I repeat which error..................)
Captain "N" The Game Master - with Mega Man, Egg Plant Eater, Mother Brain.......
Teddy Ruxpin (When I was really young, I hope I don't get beat up for liking this one, haha)

boris no no
04-05-2005, 01:29 PM
I miss Samari Pizza Cats!!!! WHERE DID THEY GO???

Do you miss any of your old cartoons?
YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
sorry! i've just been accused of inventing the samari pizza cats! they were real! i loved them so much! <3 :love: :love:
i miss it so much
plus i hate the fact all the good old carttons have be redone like the turtles and transformers. they used to be really cool :(

TheAbominatrix
04-05-2005, 01:31 PM
I dont really miss many old cartoons as most are available on DVD... I do miss G-Force and Botz Master terribly though. Oh woe is me.

Nod
04-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors.
And the one with ulysses but in the future.
oh, and of course, Defenders of the Earth. And Bravestar. And thundercats
:roll: SO AMAZING :roll:

edit: um, i almost forgot. GO HERE FOR OLD CARTOONS (http://www.80scartoons.net/)

Lindy
04-05-2005, 03:27 PM
M.A.S.K.

m4tt
04-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Thunder Cats!! HOOOOOOO!!!!!

Amarant Odinson
04-05-2005, 06:12 PM
Cartoons today suck. Most of it is a bunch of crap that they try to pass off as anime. I hate to break it to you, but YU GI OH IS NOT ANIME! BEYBLADE IS NOT ANIME! TEEN TITANS IS NOT ANIME! DUAL MASTERS IS NOT GOD DAMN ANIME!!!!!

I want good cartoons. I want Transformers and not that crap that's on right now. TF:Energon sucks. I want He-Man. The new show wasn't even that bad. They should've never cancelled it. Bring back G.I. Joe. Bring back Thundercats. What about Voltron??? You know? What the Power Rangers were before they went to live action? Hell, I'll even take the Smurfs and Rainbow Brite back. Just give us something that's actually half decent.

Venom65437
04-05-2005, 06:18 PM
DMKA you can buy the first season of the old TMNT on DVD at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc. The second season will be released in a few weeks. No I'm not kidding either, I have the first season.

Now what are you waiting for? Go!!! :D

FiragaBreak
04-05-2005, 06:32 PM
I miss the old Power Rangers. *Goes into song* Go-Go Power Rangers! Go-Go Power Rangers! New Mighty Morphing Power Rangerssss!!!!!!!!!!

Amarant Odinson
04-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Power Rangers - Inferior
Voltron - Superior

MJN SEIFER
04-05-2005, 08:53 PM
I used to watch Hamtaro/Ham-Ham* Since I was 5 and onwards I really wish it would come back!! :(

*Title changes depending on episode.

Shoeberto
04-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Cartoons today suck. Most of it is a bunch of crap that they try to pass off as anime. I hate to break it to you, but YU GI OH IS NOT ANIME! BEYBLADE IS NOT ANIME! TEEN TITANS IS NOT ANIME! DUAL MASTERS IS NOT GOD DAMN ANIME!!!!!
I used to think Teen Titans tried to hard to be anime and it turned me away, but I really started to get into the stories and characters. I think it's pretty cool now.

And Megas XLR kind of rocks out a lot of the old cartoons. It's got a superior sense of humor and a cool story.

The earliest cartoon series I remember watching was either Ghostbusters or TMNT.

crashNUMBERS
04-05-2005, 09:15 PM
Teenage mutant ninja turtles. Teenage mutant ninja turtles. Teenage mutant ninja turtles. Heroes in a half shell. Turtle power!! Oh well I got this dvd that came out last year with the first 5 ep.'s...

Dr.K
04-05-2005, 09:45 PM
Popples.
The Raccoons.
Bucky O' Hare.
Trap Door.
Woody the Woodpecker.

Where did they all go? *sigh*

crashNUMBERS
04-05-2005, 09:53 PM
I hate the remakes of these old shows. The new TMNT and transformers is crap!!

Palindrome
04-05-2005, 09:58 PM
They made optimus prime a firetruck :mad2: WTF :mad2:

DMKA
04-05-2005, 10:02 PM
DMKA you can buy the first season of the old TMNT on DVD at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc. The second season will be released in a few weeks. No I'm not kidding either, I have the first season.

Now what are you waiting for? Go!!! :D
SRSLY?????

*runs to walmart*

crashNUMBERS
04-05-2005, 10:04 PM
I got it too!! Its only 5 episodes though...

muchacho
04-06-2005, 01:29 AM
mine arent that old, but i still miss them.
rockos modern life and angry beavers

Tigmafuzz
04-06-2005, 02:48 AM
the original rorouni kenshin as samouri x...

let's see...

tmnt was great, but now it kinda sucks

crashNUMBERS
04-06-2005, 02:52 AM
I hate the remakes of these old shows. The new TMNT and transformers is crap!!
Like I said...

Lenna
04-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Go Go Gadget Go!!!!!!!!!! I used to love Inspector Gadget, or Inch High Private Eye lol.

TheAbominatrix
04-06-2005, 02:57 AM

Actually, Teen Titans is the only one that's American made. The rest are Japanese and dubbed, so yes they are anime.

Phil
04-06-2005, 03:05 AM
http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/zelda.html

'Nuff said.

Oh yeah and I liked the old Johnny quest stuff- he was cool.

StarlightAngel
04-06-2005, 03:43 AM
I used to love Inspecter Gadget!

Crazy the Clown
04-06-2005, 04:06 AM
Popeye has always been a favorite of mine. Even if my older brother thinks he's a loser. (He hates spinach that much.)

Hawkeye
04-06-2005, 07:10 AM
http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/zelda.html

'Nuff said.

I watched an episode of Zelda, and it was STUPID! :D

Xander
04-06-2005, 09:38 AM
I miss one with a flying skateboard and a dog and these kids, but I don't know what it was called...... ;__;

TheAbominatrix
04-06-2005, 09:45 AM
Well the second season of The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest had hoverboards... Shlup's got a JQ website with pictures and such www.questw0rld.com

DMKA
04-06-2005, 12:51 PM
I think I'm the only one who likes the new TMNT... /=

*hates how people bash stuff just because it's new*

Xander
04-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Well the second season of The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest had hoverboards... Shlup's got a JQ website with pictures and such www.questw0rld.com

Nah, it wasn't Jonny Quest, it was called "something and co" I think, the something being the name of the dog....thanks anyway.

TheAbominatrix
04-06-2005, 06:14 PM
I enjoy new TMNT, but I dont watch it much because of lack of cable. The first episode I saw I loved, just because when Casey Jones met the rest of the turtles he goes "There's more of you guys?" and Mikey says "I'm the cute one." I love Mike, so that was beyond awesome for me.

And I have no idea what show that is Xander. Dang.

Kawaii Ryűkishi
04-06-2005, 06:16 PM
I dig Doug.

Amarant Odinson
04-06-2005, 06:31 PM
Actually, Teen Titans is the only one that's American made. The rest are Japanese and dubbed, so yes they are anime.

If that's your only criteria for anime, then you need serious help. Just because a cartoon is made in Japan and it's dubbed, does not make it anime. You my friend need to learn the difference between anime and crap.

Zeldy
04-06-2005, 06:34 PM
aargh.. what was it called.. it was like an anime-cartoon type, and it was on toonami i think, im sure ive seen someone on here with a picture of one of the girls as there sig, i cant remember what its called, theres a male character who is fancied by 2 girls, and they fight over him.. WHAT WAS IT CALLED!? aaargh >_<

TheAbominatrix
04-06-2005, 06:37 PM
If that's your only criteria for anime, then you need serious help. Just because a cartoon is made in Japan and it's dubbed, does not make it anime. You my friend need to learn the difference between anime and crap.

Anime isnt just 'stuff you like'. Anime stands for JAPANESE animation, so anything animated that comes from Japan is anime, whether you like it or not. I'm not saying those shows are good, I cant stand them myself, but that doesnt make it any less an anime.

And you, my friend, need to learn the difference between personal preference and definitions. I've been watching anime since it was a scarce presence in the US, both the dubbed stuff on tv and the things my friends and I labored to get fansubs on. I've been an anime fan for about nine years.

Zelda - You're probably thinking of Techni Muyo/Tenchi Universe

Zeldy
04-06-2005, 06:42 PM
Zelda - You're probably thinking of Techni Muyo/Tenchi Universe
TENCHI!
The main character was called tenchi!

Nod
04-06-2005, 09:22 PM
I miss one with a flying skateboard and a dog and these kids, but I don't know what it was called...... ;__;

was that the one where the kids used to go to sleep and enter the dream world?

Casey
04-07-2005, 12:10 AM
this is all i can think of...

Ninja Turtles
Popeye
Transformers
Tom & Jerry
Dennis the Menace
Duck Tales
Flint Stones
Mighty Max
Capt. Planet! :p
Care Bears
Marvin the Martian
Loony Toons

the new kids cartoons coming out today really suck. But its alright, I dont even watch cartoons anymore...

Xander
04-07-2005, 12:29 AM
was that the one where the kids used to go to sleep and enter the dream world?

OMG I THINK SO. What's it called man, help me here, it's killing me. xD

And I love Tenchi Muyo!

I like the old TMNT/TMHT, where they had the PROPER theme in the intro, and with the disco dancing and pizza and stuff, "turtles in a half shell, TURTLE POWER!" What happened to that? ;__;

Emerald Aeris
04-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Little Nimo?

AkiraMakie
04-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Anime isnt just 'stuff you like'. Anime stands for JAPANESE animation, so anything animated that comes from Japan is anime, whether you like it or not. I'm not saying those shows are good, I cant stand them myself, but that doesnt make it any less an anime.

And you, my friend, need to learn the difference between personal preference and definitions. I've been watching anime since it was a scarce presence in the US, both the dubbed stuff on tv and the things my friends and I labored to get fansubs on. I've been an anime fan for about nine years.

Yeah, TheAbominatrix is right Amarant. Anime is anime, weather or not its crap. Yu-gi-oh wasnt that bad at first, but to me, it follows the same pattern that makes me mad. some of the card battles are jsut too drawn out. And the series has jsut gone on for too long. This is why i prefer the 26 eps anime series (ie cowboy bebop, Scrapped princess, Trigun, BGC2040, etc.)

When anime get to long, the suffer from the DBZ syndrom.

but anywayz, on topic. I really miss them showing Speed Racer. Thats classic anime. Cartoon network used to show it in the mornings a few years ago, maybe 4 or 5 years ago, but not anymore. They need to bring it back. Also seeing Ronin Warriors again would be good. Thats also another classic anime they used to show on tv years ago.

Amarant Odinson
04-09-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with TheAbominatrix and AkiraMakie. A cartoon show about Magic: The Gathering for 5 years olds IS NOT ANIME!!! And to be quite honest, I don't care how long either one of you have been anime fans. That doesn't make you experts on what is or isn't anime. It doesn't make me an expert either. Now not all anime is good, but I don't believe that just because a cartoon comes out of Japan, that automatically makes it anime.

TheAbominatrix
04-09-2005, 10:56 AM
You can whine and bitch that it isnt anime all you want, but you're wrong and you know it. I only mentioned how long I've watched anime for because you challenged me that I dont know what anime is.

anˇiˇme Audio pronunciation of "anime" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-m)
n.

A style of animation developed in Japan, characterized by stylized colorful art, futuristic settings, violence, and sex.

"Oh my God, I dont like this game so it isnt an RPG! Because I said so!" "Hey, this comic sucks so it isnt a comic!"

That logic is ridiculously stupid. Not to mention that, if you knew two bits about anime, you'd know that one of it's mainstays it to either make shows about existing video games/card games/whatever or make shows that revolve around easily marketable concepts in order to sell toys.

But I'm sure that the "If I dont like it, it isnt anime" logic will continue to dominate your mind, but everyone here knows you're wrong and really, that's all that matters.

Xander
04-09-2005, 05:59 PM
Heh, go Ashley. And yeah she is right. Anime just means Japanese animation, not whatever you want it to be.

Resha
04-09-2005, 06:15 PM
I LUFFED JONNY QUEST! Gawrsh. *Gets that evil old nostalgia pang* Most of the old cartoons they still show on Cartoon Network here, but I MISS PINK PANTHER. Gimme my dadumdadum! :(